Universal Love Our list is actually fcken lit, fam *chef kissy fingers*

Remove this Banner Ad

Really can't understand the constant underrating of Butters here. Last year - Limited preseason, immature body and one shoulder but showed breathtaking awareness, ball use and vision at times that is clearly elite.
Now leading the preseason stats and is in my view is clearly an elite mid in the making and could break out this year. (Could also have 2nd year blues but showing good early training signs....)

On SM-T830 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really can't understand the constant underrating of Butters here. Last year - Limited preseason, immature body and one shoulder but showed breathtaking awareness, ball use and vision at times that is clearly elite.
Now leading the preseason stats and is in my view is clearly an elite mid in the making and could break out this year. (Could also have 2nd year blues but showing good early training signs....)

I agree. It will just take some more consistency and higher output in his second year to move him from a potential B to an A in my assessment of him.
At the start of 2019, he was the most exciting of our trio.

Also struggled to get involved in games in large patches, quite frequently. Has potential, no doubt, but didn't have the best year

Also struggled to get involved in games in large patches, quite frequently. Has potential, no doubt, but didn't have the best year
Yeh, we may be overrating Butters a bit too early. Showed good signs, is promising, but was anonymous in a lot of games/periods of games. Lets see some more before we proclaim him the 2nd coming.

My theory is that every player on an AFL list should have the talent to get to at least Grade C. You don't get drafted if there isn't the hope that you can at least get to foot soldier level. It's about finding As and Bs which is the key.

This would be my potential ceilling list from our younger crew:

Midfield:
Wines - A
Duursma - A
Butters - A
SPP - B
Drew - B
Patmore - B
Mead - B
Atley - C
Burgoyne - C

Key Fwd:
Marshall - B
Georgiades - B
Buzza - C

Gen Fwd:
Rozee - A
Williams - A
Bergman - B
Farrell - C
Woodcock - C
Cox - C

Key Def:
Clurey - B
Grundy - C
Pasini - B

Gen Def:
Houston - A
Burton - A
DBJ - B
Garner - B
Bonner - C
Frederick - C

Ruck:
Hayes - A
Ladhams - B

Obviously that isn't all going to happen like that, but we kind of need it to go a good way there for us to be premiership material.

This is what I would like our list structure to look like in 3 years time, to be top 4 capable and premiership ready.

TNlZlNH.png

My theory is that every player on an AFL list should have the talent to get to at least Grade C. You don't get drafted if there isn't the hope that you can at least get to foot soldier level. It's about finding As and Bs which is the key.

Midfield:
Wines - A
Duursma - A
Butters - A
SPP - B
Drew - B
Patmore - B
Mead - B
Atley - C
Burgoyne - C

Key Fwd:
Marshall - B
Georgiades - B
Buzza - C

Gen Fwd:
Rozee - A
Williams - A
Bergman - B
Farrell - C
Woodcock - C
Cox - C

Key Def:
Clurey - B
Grundy - C
Pasini - B

Gen Def:
Houston - A
Burton - A
DBJ - B
Garner - B
Bonner - C
Frederick - C

Ruck:
Hayes - A
Ladhams - B

Obviously that isn't all going to happen like that, but we kind of need it to go a good way there for us to be premiership material.

This is what I would like our list structure to look like in 3 years time, to be top 4 capable and premiership ready.

TNlZlNH.png

I know Draft Pick (20) is going to be a star, but isn't he at the Crows? Do you foresee us trading for him?

I know Draft Pick (20) is going to be a star, but isn't he at the Crows? Do you foresee us trading for him?

Sadly Draft Pick (21) had to make way for him. Was tough to let him go but its for the best

Midfield:
Wines - A
Duursma - A
Butters - A
SPP - B
Drew - B
Patmore - B
Mead - B
Atley - C
Burgoyne - C

Key Fwd:
Marshall - B
Georgiades - B
Buzza - C

Gen Fwd:
Rozee - A
Williams - A
Bergman - B
Farrell - C
Woodcock - C
Cox - C

Key Def:
Clurey - B
Grundy - C
Pasini - B

Gen Def:
Houston - A
Burton - A
DBJ - B
Garner - B
Bonner - C
Frederick - C

Ruck:
Hayes - A
Ladhams - B

TNlZlNH.png
Harsh on Georgiadis and Bergman not being a potential A grader.

Clearly our recruiting team disagree.

Other than that I agree on pretty much everything.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only issue with Butters is our dumbass coach wants to tame him...

Let the boy play Ken...

Actually stay right away from him. At all times until we have an actual coach.

Can’t disagree with a single post on this page- the most sense on this site in years. There is great potential in this list but a long way to go. We can’t afford to waste a pick soz Bergman and Georgiades have to work. No pressure but if this is a Butcher Moore Pittard draft not a Rozee Butters Duursma draft, we are rooted.

The Power had four picks in the top 25, but none of the players they picked up is a Round 1 certainty at this stage. In fact the final player Port selected — father-son recruit Jackson Mead — might be the most likely candidate. A well-balanced midfielder with a booming kick, Mead played a few SANFL league games in 2019 and held his own. Fellow second-rounder Dylan Williams is an outside chance. Inconsistency and injury curtailed Williams’ campaign in 2019, but his upside is exciting and his natural talent is enormous. Miles Bergman is an exciting forward but will need time to develop in the SANFL, as will key forward Mitch Georgiades after missing all of 2019 due to injury.

The Power had four picks in the top 25, but none of the players they picked up is a Round 1 certainty at this stage. In fact the final player Port selected — father-son recruit Jackson Mead — might be the most likely candidate. A well-balanced midfielder with a booming kick, Mead played a few SANFL league games in 2019 and held his own. Fellow second-rounder Dylan Williams is an outside chance. Inconsistency and injury curtailed Williams’ campaign in 2019, but his upside is exciting and his natural talent is enormous. Miles Bergman is an exciting forward but will need time to develop in the SANFL, as will key forward Mitch Georgiades after missing all of 2019 due to injury.

I'd think Bergman is most likely to play thanks to his running capacity and need for his type in the team. The club mentioned how he was a great runner and compared him to duursma when we drafted him so I'd like to think he's a chance sooner rather than later.

Having said all that, we have a lot of players pushing for spots in the forward line so it may take an injury or two before he gets his chance.

The Power had four picks in the top 25, but none of the players they picked up is a Round 1 certainty at this stage.
None of last years were either 'cept maybe Rozee. As good as last yr was i'm predicting this year's to be better.
Gotta hunch we've really nailed this draft.

theres a hell of a lot of positions open for the taking at the mo

i can only see 15 players you can pencil in for 100% in round 1.

leaves 7 positions up for grabs. Couple in the Forward Line, Couple in the backline, Couple Mids, 1 ruck/ forward

I reckon we’ll have 2 of the 4 play in round one and almost certainly see all 4 given games. Georgiades is perhaps the least likely, while Bergman is the most likely.

I reckon we’ll have 2 of the 4 play in round one and almost certainly see all 4 given games. Georgiades is perhaps the least likely, while Bergman is the most likely.
Sam Gray's spot is up for grabs. Surely Williams must be a chance.

I love Robbie like no other, but he wasnt elite, AA standard this year, which is what grade A is.

Yeah, I mean, let’s face it. He’s 32 with another gruelling preseason to come.

The days of him being a 500+ touch/30+ goal phenom are gone.

Which sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back