carlton or north who will make their next grand final first?

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Geez, i thought Brisbane finished in the top 4.
One game, how did you go late in the year against eagles, tigers and cats ;)

Even Richmond beat top teams when we were s**t, just ask hawks fans.

But keep being deluded in thinking that those awe inspiring late dead rubber wins against bottom teams in suns, saints, swans, dockers and a horrible crows who had all packed it in for the year are somehow proof that Carlton are going to rocket up the ladder. :rolleyes:

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
No it's not, please don't tell me you got sucked in by their dead rubber wins against bottom 6 sides as well.
Why do I need to be ‘sucked in’ by anything to think their list is good enough to contend for the 8 next year?

I think their full strength side + Jack Martin is a formidable side that can push for top 8 next year injury permitting, especially if kids like Kemp have immediate impact.

The only games they got thrashed in this year were the Geelong, GWS, North Melbourne and Essendon games. The other comfortable losses were probably the two games against eventual Premiers Richmond, which weren’t beltings so that’s not too bad.

How’s that me getting ‘sucked in’? It’s actually their losses that make me think this rather than their wins.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
One game, how did you go late in the year against eagles, tigers and cats ;)

Even Richmond beat top teams when we were s**t, just ask hawks fans.

But keep being deluded in thinking that those awe inspiring late dead rubber wins against bottom teams in suns, saints, swans, dockers and a horrible crows who had all packed it in for the year are somehow proof that Carlton are going to rocket up the ladder. :rolleyes:
You don't know what i'm thinking, keep posting though the more you post you might get something right.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Why do I need to be ‘sucked in’ by anything to think their list is good enough to contend for the 8 next year?

I think their full strength side + Jack Martin is a formidable side that can push for top 8 next year injury permitting, especially if kids like Kemp have immediate impact.

The only games they got thrashed in this year were the Geelong, GWS, North Melbourne and Essendon games. The other comfortable losses were probably the two games against eventual Premiers Richmond, which weren’t beltings so that’s not too bad.

How’s that me getting ‘sucked in’? It’s actually their losses that make me think this rather than their wins.
But they are still losses.
So who from the top 12 teams are they defeating to contend for the top 8 because those are the teams one needs to defeat to contend for finals.

Looking at their fixture, very real chance they head to their bye 1-11 or 2-10 at best IMO.....tigers, dogs, dons, swans, hawks, roos, power, saints, pies, crows, dogs, giants.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
But they are still losses.
So who from the top 12 teams are they defeating to contend for the top 8 because those are the teams one needs to defeat to contend for finals.

Looking at their fixture, very real chance they head to their bye 1-11 or 2-10 at best IMO
I don’t agree personally. I think that they can defeat Sydney and Port Adelaide away, with one of the Bulldogs games, Essendon, GWS, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, St Kilda and Collingwood being winnable games for them.

Adelaide at AO is probably the only game before the bye that I’d say is out of reach for them and perhaps Richmond Round 1 as the reigning Premiers as well.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely you are trolling. Carlton’s list is good enough to contend for a top 8 spot next year, let alone in the next 10 years.
have u looked at it seriously ???...who are the dangerous players @ Cartlon..? right now ?...they have 1 & as a collective w/o him theyre not even worth discussing if we're gonna be serious...Gold Coast will win a flag before Carlton

Last edited:

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Kemp cant have immediate impact because hes had a knee Reco...best result is they say July @ earliest...they may even put him on ice for whole year
so no cigar theyre im afraid ...

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
No, just your English/grammar is woeful, maybe best you get back to class so you can work on this.
Your Carlton trolling is pathetic at best.
maybe its you who needs to go back to the very start ??...but besides that dont be so hurt by facts....ive stated facts...no trolling..grow up...get to the final 8 first & foremost instead of masturbating over yet to come(no pun intended) premierships

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
And for your information i'll lay the boots into Carlton anytime i wish & there aint nuthin you can do about it...plain n simple your club just deseves iit..
i love it & so do my collingwood mates...so heres to the 5 wooden spoons...& many more to come :D

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
No, just your English/grammar is woeful, maybe best you get back to class so you can work on this.
Your Carlton trolling is pathetic at best.
yeah yeah .. off topic & delusional as usual...yet to mount a serious case why we ALL should take Carlton as a serious threat...reality is a concept
Carlton supporters have tended to ignore for a very long time now

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
maybe its you who needs to go back to the very start ??...but besides that dont be so hurt by facts....ive stated facts...no trolling..grow up...get to the final 8 first & foremost instead of masturbating over yet to come(no pun intended) premierships
Wow...you sound like a richmond supporter from only a few years ago. Maybe that's why you know what you're talking about...
i'm not hurt by the way...far from it, cant help but find you and your ramblings, hilarious!

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
And for your information i'll lay the boots into Carlton anytime i wish & there aint nuthin you can do about it...plain n simple your club just deseves iit..
i love it & so do my collingwood mates...so heres to the 5 wooden spoons...& many more to come :D
You know you'd probably get more out of frothing over your 7 wooden spoons than our 5 - just saying...
And as for you and your collingwood mates - no surprises there!

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
lol...now your being patonizing
I think it is a bit of a stretch for you to suggest that both Carlton and North Melbourne won't make the finals in 10 years. The modern era is geared so heavily towards equalisation that I think it will be rarer to stay down for that long.
have u looked at it seriously ???...who are the dangerous players @ Cartlon..? right now ?...they have 1 & as a collective w/o him theyre not even worth discussing if we're gonna be serious...Gold Coast will win a flag before Carlton
Curnow, McKay, SPS, Jack Martin, Cripps, Kreuzer, Walsh, Murphy and McGovern when he wants to turn up go alright. Ed Curnow is OK too and so is Sam Docherty when he isn't injured. Never said that they will win the Premiership next year but I think that it is a side that can contend for the top 8 next year. That's my reasoning.
Kemp cant have immediate impact because hes had a knee Reco...best result is they say July @ earliest...they may even put him on ice for whole year
so no cigar theyre im afraid ...
OK I didn't know that he had a knee reconstruction. He doesn't have immediate impact if that is the case.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because you don't have a Bont or Dusty like star in the midfield to take over games.

Nope. But wasn't that long ago the Tigers weren't that fussed if Martin left as he shopped himself round.
So things changed.The team got better, he got better and the rest is history
So you cant use the past as much of a guide to whats going to happen in the future.
One of our young kids could also become a Martin or a Bont

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Nope. But wasn't that long ago the Tigers weren't that fussed if Martin left as he shopped himself round.
So things changed.The team got better, he got better and the rest is history
So you cant use the past as much of a guide to whats going to happen in the future.
One of our young kids could also become a Martin or a Bont

Dusty was still viewed as being elite at that time however.

People can only go on what's before them at present in making a call. Any club could have just drafted a player of that level, just have to wait and see who it was.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dusty was still viewed as being elite at that time however.

People can only go on what's before them at present in making a call. Any club could have just drafted a player of that level, just have to wait and see who it was.

Yep I agree . That's why its a bit pointless saying you cant see things changing at a club in the future, when as you say you may have drafted the next Wayne Carey.
North had 4 rising star noms last year..maybe one of them will be the next big thing. Hope so !

ps not sure Martin was elite at the time he got shopped around. He was certainly viewed as very talented, but wayward, .If he was viewed as Elite, a lot of clubs would have showed more interest you would think

Back