God please help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on topic...

And to this I'd add, stop with the ear-splitting brain-melting mindless chatter over the PA during the breaks. I want to catch up with my mates or talk about the quarter we've just watched. Give the bloody PA a rest.
Wrong!!

Watching sport is about rocking up, emptying your pockets then pissing off.

They don't need to, it's implied. Sure, atheists do bad things, but not because of their atheism. Whereas Christianity has been directly responsible for the suffering of millions for thousands of years.
So, eh.... where did you go to school? Just curious about whether they taught history or not?

It's true man - they're either abstaining from all the cool stuff like sex and drugs, or moping around feeling guilty for doing all the cool stuff like sex and drugs.
Can’t say what religious folks do or don’t do, because I’m not one of them, but I can say there is certainly more to life that sex and drugs.... well, more to life than drugs anyway. 😉

Wonder who Folau blames for the game changes!!
Gotta be the greens.

I mean, they’re to blame for the bushfires according to every boomer out there.

Oops, did you really say that..
So, eh.... where did you go to school? Just curious about whether they taught history or not?
Point me to the part in the atheist Bible where it says certain people are lesser and should be subjugated (including as slaves), excluded, tortured and even murdered, and that certain people are evil for just simply existing. Because there's plenty in the Bible of Christianity (and pretty much all religions) which say exactly that.

Millions, maybe billions through history have been murdered on the direct orders of religion.

Big difference is that atheists don't claim moral superiority.

Are you sure we are talking about the same people here?

Also at this point I should say I am one myself but some people are insufferable with it and I disagree with bashing people for their faith.

Point me to the part in the atheist Bible where it says certain people are lesser and should be subjugated (including as slaves), excluded, tortured and even murdered, and that certain people are evil for just simply existing. Because there's plenty in the Bible of Christianity (and pretty much all religions) which say exactly that.

Millions, maybe billions through history have been murdered on the direct orders of religion.
Ok. I’m guessing your history lessons consisted of histrionic, though undoubtedly entertaining, fables related between tokes behind the bike shed.

If you ever get the time and inclination, get yourself a basic history book. I can honestly say it will be just as entertaining... and much more fascinating because it’s true.

You should probably make an effort to read the bible too, if you’re going to attribute the woes of the world to its doctrine, though I can’t say it’s anywhere nearly as exciting as the history of man.

Um, yes.

You hadn't noticed that religious believers presume to lecture us pagans on our morals at every given opportunity?

For all their faults, I can't recall too many atheists claiming some special hold on morals.
hahahahaha. ever read a Peter Fitzsimons article?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. I’m guessing your history lessons consisted of histrionic, though undoubtedly entertaining, fables related between tokes behind the bike shed.

If you ever get the time and inclination, get yourself a basic history book. I can honestly say it will be just as entertaining... and much more fascinating because it’s true.

You should probably make an effort to read the bible too, if you’re going to attribute the woes of the world to its doctrine, though I can’t say it’s anywhere nearly as exciting as the history of man.
That's a long way to not answer a question. You could have just said dur hur instead. But I will simplify the question for you.

Where in the atheist Bible does it instruct an atheist to subjugate, exclude, torture or murder particular kinds or races of people?

That's a long way to not answer a question. You could have just said dur hur instead. But I will simplify the question for you.

Where in the atheist Bible does it instruct an atheist to subjugate, exclude, torture or murder particular kinds or races of people?
Again, it’s probably a good idea for you to start reading a bit... graphic novels don’t count. There’s no such thing as an atheist bible.

hahahahaha. ever read a Peter Fitzsimons article?
Odd example.

To the degree I'm familiar his work, Fitzsimons is essentially known as a writer of popular history books, an ex-Wallaby, and for his general newspaper columns, often focussing on sport; rugby in particular.

If he has a particular barrow to push, it's the republican cause.

Can't think of a single bit of his writing where he has lectured others on their moral failings, predicated on them not being atheists like him.

Apart from in this exact thread you mean?
If there were a single instance in this thread of atheists lecturing religious believers on their morality, you'd have a very strong point.

There are a couple of instances of atheists pointing out believers' hypocrisy, but that is simply proving my point. If religious folk didn't presume to follow a morally superior belief, we atheists wouldn't have to point out that they have no right to make that presumption.

Atheism is not a belief system. It is merely the absence of a belief system, and makes no claim to anything more that that.

Anyway, off topic. Have a nice day.

There’s no such thing as an atheist bible.
Oh really? You mean there's no written text saying that if you are an atheist you must for example, deem homosexuals to be evil and inferior, deserving of eternal torture? Or that a woman is a possession of her husband? Or that you must murder someone you believe to be a witch? Or that you must commit complete genocide on people decided by the church to be "amalekites"? Or to decapitate people who follow other religions, or infidels?

How is it that atheists can possibly have any morals without such instruction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back