The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I reckon Rodgers would. His ego is too big to hang around a club like Leicester

"A club like Leicester" that has won the title more recently than Arsenal and will most likely be playing CL next year.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"A club like Leicester" that has won the title more recently than Arsenal and will most likely be playing CL next year.
Don’t matter, they’re a far smaller club than arsenal and always will be.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I reckon Rodgers would love the United job above all else but that’s earmarked for Poch. The only chance of Rodgers ending up at Old Trafford is if Poch goes to Spain or maybe PSG. It’s all about Prestige with Rodgers and Leicester can’t fulfil that for his giant sized ego. He’s only gone there as a stop-gap to get his move to one of England’s biggest clubs

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes. Always is a long time. Man City were small up until a decade ago.
Apart from the fact City were located in englands second city, where as Leicester is located in the backwater that isthe East Midlands with a small 30k stadium. Not much comparison

Apart from the fact City were located in englands second city, where as Leicester is located in the backwater that isthe East Midlands with a small 30k stadium. Not much comparison
Right..

I'm sure Maguire is happy with his move to United because now he's at a bigger club.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
On domestic managerial issues

Reckon it is his constant tantrums rather than the Wanderers recent poor form which is why Carcuss Babbell is getting flick.

His tirade after the Melbourne City loss nearly 2 weeks ago was embarrassing.

I’m sure he is to be honest SM

Shows the problem with modern footballers then, and apparently, modern football fans.

There's more than 5 clubs in England.

Players seem happy to go to Spurs despite earning a pittance and not winning silverware, so why wouldn't they want to go to Leicester where they can earn plenty and win the title/play in the CL?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shows the problem with modern footballers then, and apparently, modern football fans.

There's more than 5 clubs in England.

Players seem happy to go to Spurs despite earning a pittance and not winning silverware, so why wouldn't they want to go to Leicester where they can earn plenty and win the title/play in the CL?
I’m talking about Brendan Rodgers, not every single footballer or manager out there. However, most of them would go to a bigger club because of a) money b) more of a chance to progress your career (providing You’re good enough) and c) probably the prestige. Leicester may be having a better time than arsenal and Spurs this season but following their title win they’ve spent three seasons doing * all in midtable. They are a club on the up no doubt, but their best players and Rodgers are all going to get poached over the next year or two. It’s just the law of the jungle my friend

I’m talking about Brendan Rodgers, not every single footballer or manager out there. However, most of them would go to a bigger club because of a) money b) more of a chance to progress your career (providing You’re good enough) and c) probably the prestige. Leicester may be having a better time than arsenal and Spurs this season but following their title win they’ve spent three seasons doing fu** all in midtable. They are a club on the up no doubt, but their best players and Rodgers are all going to get poached over the next year or two. It’s just the law of the jungle my friend

They spent three seasons doing * all because of the managers they appointed. If Leicester drop off next season then Rodgers could quite easily leave them and walk into a job like Arsenal, he has the runs on the board now across Liverpool's title tilt, Celtic's success, and now Leicester this season. If they don't drop off, why leave?

Like Vardy got poached when they won the title you mean?

I wonder if Poch would take the Bayern Munich job over the Man Utd one if it was offered to him though.

I imagine he certainly would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back