Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

R
Collingwood

picks in and out 2020 draft

first column is IN
second column is OUT

Round two pick (tied to Richmond)
- Round three pick (tied to North Melbourne, on-traded by GWS)
- Round four pick (tied to St Kilda, on-traded by Fremantle)
- Round two pick to Brisbane
- Round three pick to Fremantle
- Round four pick to GWS

I should point out that’s the activity from the draft time etc.

we will have picks still in the various rounds as well from the season and previous pick swaps etc.

Never mind his job and AfL CEO
He’s just dreadful at doing the role of MC and the like.
Not his skill set.
Still trying to figure out what Gils skill set is? A wankfest at his joint once a year so he can score 18 bottles of Dan Murphys finest from the coaches seems to be his only talent.

Still trying to figure out what Gils skill set is? A wankfest at his joint once a year so he can score 18 bottles of Dan Murphys finest from the coaches seems to be his only talent.
He’s pretty basic.

dreadful speaker
Doesn’t come across with original thought.

just goes to show being in the right circles at the right time....

He’s pretty basic.

dreadful speaker
Doesn’t come across with original thought.

just goes to show being in the right circles at the right time....
It's pretty industry wide. The AFL is just a bunch of cowboys who have learnt a bit of corporate jargon. He would have strung together a bit of corporate lingo at his interview. Noone would have known what he was talking about (including him), so they all would have assumed he was really smart.

Any other player than Dunn and I'd likely agree with much of what you say but he's the very antithesis of "normal". He's a guy who took 8-9 years to find his role within a team then when he'd finally found it got overlooked so his club could nurture the kids. He's a guy who at 30-31 was still honing his craft and was arguably improving year on year. I think he'll get re-listed and be playing VFL very early.

Comparisons to Reid are silly. We've seen the decline in aspects of his game already, not overly blessed with pace he's lost another 1/2 a yard, his greatest weapon which is his kicking has lost penetration. We saw none of that with Dunn pre-ACL. The only valid aspect to the comparison is age.

People rave about Roughy's 2019 season (and I'm not suggesting that's unreasonable) but Dunn pre-ACL offered so much more in terms of 1v1 contested footy, pace, and offensive kicking. Time will tell if he can recapture anything like that form in 2020 but if he can I'd rather him in that role.

I agree with much of this, but not all. For instance comparisons to Reid can’t simply be dismissed as silly. Yes Reid has received two contracts he shouldn’t have and is held together by soft tissue, but two knee reconstructions at Dunn’s age is hard to overcome and we have no reference point because it never happens.

I think the key is that time will tell on Dunn’s ability to return and given the resurgence of Roughead there should be no urgency on Dunn’s availability. It’s for that reason I’d suggest we at least explore the prospect of the Deledio role rather than locking in one path. For instance what happens if Dunn goes down in our first intra club match with a third knee? We’ve lost our insurance and not had an alternative training with the club. I’m not one to normally take the conservative route, but here I’d ask why not when you can have multiple options on the table.

Collingwood

40. Jay Rantall (GWV Rebels)
45. Trent Bianco (Oakleigh Chargers)
55. Trey Ruscoe (East Fremantle)

Rookie draft
No selections

Despite entering the draft late, the Pies managed to nab two quality midfielders.

Rantall broke the 2km time trial record at the combine, and is an endurance beast. With Steele Sidebottom and Scott Pendlebury getting on, he’ll be eyeing a spot on the wing over the next few years.

Bianco was the steal of the draft – most pundits rated him in the top 20-25 on talent. He’s an elite kick, but slide down the order mostly likely due to his size (178cm).

A Collingwood supporter growing up, the Pies have got a classy defender to complement Isaac Quaynor off the half-back flank.

Ruscoe is a tall defender, which they probably needed, but I don’t think it was as big a need as a key forward.

I was surprised they didn’t take Werribee’s Jake Riccardi with one of their selections – and in fact traded to GWS the pick where the Giants selected him.

He would have been perfect as someone who could come in and have an instant impact next year, having won the Fothergill Medal as the VFL’s best Young Player, and kicking 38 goals in 20 games.

They’ll be relying on their suite of medium forwards and Mason Cox to have a big impact next year.

Rough heads...…..I like it.

Sick of all those show ponies at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood is looking to offload its future first-round pick so it can start this year's draft earlier than No.35, but finding a taker is proving a challenge.
If a player it likes starts to slip, it is one to watch on draft night with a possible trade up. Mitch Georgiades would be the perfect result and remains a sneaky chance to be still available.

Prolific West Australian midfielder Riley Garcia could be a shot with its first pick despite his knee reconstruction to add some zip around the forward line, as may Ned Cahill, while the Magpies have done some work on Kaden Schreiber, who came into draft calculations late in the season with Oakleigh.

Callum Park, a lightly built forward who showed impressive signs in the senior side at Norwood, is a chance.
Ruckman Henry Crauford is also a possibility. The Pies added ex-Swan Darcy Cameron to their ruck ranks in the trade period but have an interest in the 22-year-old, who is a late developer after coming from a swimming background.
Picks: 35, 48, 62, 70 (likely to use three or four selections)

Don't think Cal got 1 thing Right. Only one that might been is our Intrest in Mitch Georgiades

Don't think Cal got 1 thing Right. Only one that might been is our Intrest in Mitch Georgiades

No can’t say that he did

But the only thing that is important is if Derek and team got the picks right?

(The 3 look really good.)

Love these behind the curtain draft videos (irrespective of the club).

Pretty jealous of a grand finalist getting 2 top 10 picks (Ash and Green) and then getting their other targets late. Cameron and Caruso mentioned both Riccardi and Hutchison the morning of draft day 1 there. Couldn’t have gone much better for them really.

I found it interesting that the day of the draft Caruso seemed pretty confidant a bid on Green wouldn’t come until 10 and pre draft they thought Riccardi would get to 55.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty jealous of a grand finalist getting 2 top 10 picks (Ash and Green) and then getting their other targets late. Cameron and Caruso mentioned both Riccardi and Hutchison the morning of draft day 1 there. Couldn’t have gone much better for them really.

I found it interesting that the day of the draft Caruso seemed pretty confidant a bid on Green wouldn’t come until 10 and pre draft they thought Riccardi would get to 55.

Is there Pies version?

Pretty jealous of a grand finalist getting 2 top 10 picks (Ash and Green) and then getting their other targets late.

Not difficult to do when you are given access to that many first round picks over the years and even the players they lose they essentially recoup first rounders.
They also are able to package up their plethora of picks to access early ones too.

It will now begin to start to even out for them as they go into deficit next year and their draft hand of picks becomes just like everyone else's.

Then we shall see if they can cut the mustard or whether they will need another "bail out" package.

Not difficult to do when you are given access to that many first round picks over the years and even the players they lose they essentially recoup first rounders.
They also are able to package up their plethora of picks to access early ones too.

It will now begin to start to even out for them as they go into deficit next year and their draft hand of picks becomes just like everyone else's.

Then we shall see if they can cut the mustard or whether they will need another "bail out" package.
No first rounder for them next year either? So with the deficit and an assumed high ladder finish, they might not be picking for a long while next year.

Or did they trade another 2020 first rounder in that I may have missed?

No first rounder for them next year either? So with the deficit and an assumed high ladder finish, they might not be picking for a long while next year.

Or did they trade another 2020 first rounder in that I may have missed?

I don't think they're particularly bothered by it - they got two gun early first rounders and the two later picks they were targeting with a minimal deficit (if I recall correctly it worked out to be in the region of 400-odd points, which, is basically a downgrade from 2nd round to late 3rd or early 4th).

I don't think they're particularly bothered by it - they got two gun early first rounders and the two later picks they were targeting with a minimal deficit (if I recall correctly it worked out to be in the region of 400-odd points, which, is basically a downgrade from 2nd round to late 3rd or early 4th).
Deficit is around 250 odd points. Based on same ladder positions as this year and given they've already traded their 2020 1st rounder, they'll move from pick 36 to around 51. Based on same ladder positions, it moves the 2nd and 3rd round picks we own, up by a spot.

Freo also have a similar deficit, so depending where they finish, they'll have their 1st rounder downgraded to clear the deficit. Based on same ladder finish, they'll move from pick 6 to pick 9. No impact on us, based on this years ladder position.

Really need a new 2020 thread kicked off now, moreso a list management thread. TradeDraft where you at these days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back