Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LEO CONNOLLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Any vision of this lad??

Nothing to write home about, found video of the 2018 TAC elimination final, one stage he was just standing watching the Gippsland forward mark & there was a piece where he snapped a goal in the last. Not much to see really, but if you watch it he is number ten.

Nothing to write home about, found video of the 2018 TAC elimination final, one stage he was just standing watching the Gippsland forward mark & there was a piece where he snapped a goal in the last. Not much to see really, but if you watch it he is number ten.
Doesn’t he play for Gippsland? They did say he came on, development wise, this year. Club has been slack with information. No highlights is a letdown, not even a review by libba.

Seriously don’t think there are any highlights of Leo, hence no videos on Saints board.
There's plenty of highlights on the NAB app. Highlights of every round.I've just finished rd 3. I can see why he doesnt get a lot of uncontested possession as he sits outside the pack. Not saying he's soft as he does go in hard and tackles well. He gets a lot of possession due to doing the kick ins . He's decision making from the kick ins are very ordinary. He seems to kick off both feet very well though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's plenty of highlights on the NAB app. Highlights of every round.I've just finished rd 3. I can see why he doesnt get a lot of uncontested possession as he sits outside the pack. Not saying he's soft as he does go in hard and tackles well. He gets a lot of possession due to doing the kick ins . He's decision making from the kick ins are very ordinary. He seems to kick off both feet very well though

Well I’ll be buggered, had a man look at the app. yesterday & didn’t see it/him. Thanks From 45 as after your comments went back & found it. 👍

He wasn't on the welcome video with Byrnes and Bell, but they live down the road while he's a couple of hours drive away in Gippsland. He might not have been expecting to get drafted so probably wasn't ready to jump straight in the car and head to the city.
Traf is like barely an hour and a half from Melbourne.

He wasn't on the welcome video with Byrnes and Bell, but they live down the road while he's a couple of hours drive away in Gippsland. He might not have been expecting to get drafted so probably wasn't ready to jump straight in the car and head to the city.

You city folk!!!

Its like when the politicians talk about getting "the vote from the bush"
People in Warragul or Benella just think they are condescending dicks.

Mind you its a bit harder now that the Packenham traffic jam is in the way.

You city folk!!!

Its like when the politicians talk about getting "the vote from the bush"
People in Warragul or Benella just think they are condescending dicks.

Mind you its a bit harder now that the Packenham traffic jam is in the way.

I guess I'm city folk now, grew up in the country. But no jobs out there!

We didn't know who Parker, Wilkie, Paton or Hind were till they got drafted.

Leo's statistical chances are poor, but they took him over Biggy so he'll have something that will have cought the eye of our talent scouts.

With our 3 picks, we've taken one for the now and two for the future. It fits our list build well..

We didn't know who Parker, Wilkie, Paton or Hind were till they got drafted.

Leo's statistical chances are poor, but they took him over Biggy so he'll have something that will have cought the eye of our talent scouts.

With our 3 picks, we've taken one for the now and two for the future. It fits our list build well..
Also , don’t look at his statistics look at his attributes and say ask the question does he have what it takes

Good Skills
Good speed and athleticism.

Two out of say 4 things that are important in making it to the next level

Others being decision making
And contested ball winning (although in his position it doesn’t look like he’ll need it yet ...)

Apparently he moved to LA to pursue an acting career and forgot to withdraw his name from the draft.

From his Gippsland Power Coach
LEO CONNOLLY (no.64 to St Kilda): “There was a lot of buzz for Leo after the season because his form was great from mid-year onwards. He’s the best two-sided kick I’ve ever seen, including at AFL level – it’s a complete mirror image on both sides. He can kick to long targets on both feet at pace and I’ve hardly ever seen that before.

“Couple that with his speed and agility, I think he’s tailor-made for AFL football. I’d expect him to play at half-back and he’ll keep improving as he spends more time in an elite environment, so I think he’s an inspired pick by St Kilda.”

From his Gippsland Power Coach
LEO CONNOLLY (no.64 to St Kilda): “There was a lot of buzz for Leo after the season because his form was great from mid-year onwards. He’s the best two-sided kick I’ve ever seen, including at AFL level – it’s a complete mirror image on both sides. He can kick to long targets on both feet at pace and I’ve hardly ever seen that before.

“Couple that with his speed and agility, I think he’s tailor-made for AFL football. I’d expect him to play at half-back and he’ll keep improving as he spends more time in an elite environment, so I think he’s an inspired pick by St Kilda.”
"He’s the best two-sided kick I’ve ever seen, including at AFL level"

Jeez - if Rhett's seen the likes Aussie Jones or Aker play then that's a big call.

Where's the highlights!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back