Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
So based on last year's ladder and not including bids, trades, passes etc. etc. we have 13, 45 and 49. This equates to 1846 points, enough to match from Pick 3 onwards without going into deficit. We should be good folks

Bro_Pro

All Australian
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So based on last year's ladder and not including bids, trades, passes etc. etc. we have 13, 45 and 49. This equates to 1846 points, enough to match from Pick 3 onwards without going into deficit. We should be good folks
Correct! But I think we still have to draft 3 people regardless on how many picks we have

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
What do the points work out to be when we are 2020 premiers?

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We have multiple strong FS and Academy players to (likely) pick up though - not just Marra. Think we need at least another second to add to that list ideally. A trade out reasonably likely to achieve that imo

We have multiple strong FS and Academy players to (likely) pick up though - not just Marra. Think we need at least another second to add to that list ideally. A trade out reasonably likely to achieve that imo
Raak perhaps, McPherson seems set to slide. Like many clubs, we may just trade down our first rounder for a points surplus too to help us with bids.

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Raak perhaps, McPherson seems set to slide. Like many clubs, we may just trade down our first rounder for a points surplus too to help us with bids.
Reading that plugger quote makes me piss myself inside every time, agree also with points for next year nothing to worry about

Sep 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Are either Raak or McPherson likely to be inside first round?

If they’re not, then i’d be in favour of taking a points deficit...

Why isn’t Nick Stevens available for us anymore?

Are either Raak or McPherson likely to be inside first round?

If they’re not, then i’d be in favour of taking a points deficit...

Why isn’t Nick Stevens available for us anymore?
Doubtful on both, although there's a lot to play out yet.

Wasn't Stevens ruled out when he changed teams as a 15 year old?

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Could do a bit of swap with the Crows for their second or third rounder and the first rounder they have tied to GWS in a swap for our first or something like that depending on where the picks fall

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Overall very happy with our trade period and trusting the Power team to get the drafting right.

One area that always bothers me is the Dogs always seem to miss the boat with trading with “ the dopey club” A few years back it was Freo that always seemed to overpay in trades or make overly generous trades for reasons only fathomable to themselves. Now it’s GWS. But we never seem involved in the deals. Are we too nice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I'd be keen on that as we (understandably) seem committed to Marra. Just take whoever offers the most points.

Did I hear it mentioned we have more strong FS/Academy coming though in 2021 too or did I imagine that?

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
We already have their third rounder, don't we?
Sorry, must be one they've gained from someone else! You get the drift though, something along those lines to ensure its not just Marra and the last 2 picks of the draft. I honestly think the other FS and NGA boys will be similar to Buku and just sort of slide through

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry, must be one they've gained from someone else! You get the drift though, something along those lines to ensure its not just Marra and the last 2 picks of the draft. I honestly think the other FS and NGA boys will be similar to Buku and just sort of slide through
Id be happy to take marra with all our points raak takes whatever points are left and then upgrade a rookie and take McPherson as a rookie

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I'd be keen on that as we (understandably) seem committed to Marra. Just take whoever offers the most points.

Did I hear it mentioned we have more strong FS/Academy coming though in 2021 too or did I imagine that?
Hobbs, Rentsch and Molan all played in our NGA teams although it's now apparent that it didn't necessarily mean they are eligible to be selected as NGA academy players. Rentsch is apparently ineligible but no idea on the other two. Both very good players though so hopefully they are tied to us. The West twins and Darcy's oldest are also in the 2021 draft.

Overall very happy with our trade period and trusting the Power team to get the drafting right.

One area that always bothers me is the Dogs always seem to miss the boat with trading with “ the dopey club” A few years back it was Freo that always seemed to overpay in trades or make overly generous trades for reasons only fathomable to themselves. Now it’s GWS. But we never seem involved in the deals. Are we too nice?
Tom Boyd, Sam Darley.

Given how we've drafted the past few years I've glad we haven't gone all "drunk uncle" at the trade table.
We picked up the 4th highest contested marking player in the entire comp for a second rounder and a genuine intercept marking KPD with multiple BOGs last year for the equivalent of a late future second rounder. And kept our first round pick. I like that.

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tom Boyd, Sam Darley.

Given how we've drafted the past few years I've glad we haven't gone all "drunk uncle" at the trade table.
We picked up the 4th highest contested marking player in the entire comp for a second rounder and a genuine intercept marking KPD with multiple BOGs last year for the equivalent of a late future second rounder. And kept our first round pick. I like that.

Sam Darley. Really ?????

However the mistake was mine. I meant to type GCS not GWS. I Should always check my work.
I think my point about us not getting involved in trades with clubs when they seemingly keen to be on the losing side still stands.

Sam Darley. Really ?????

However the mistake was mine. I meant to type GCS not GWS. I Should always check my work.
I think my point about us not getting involved in trades with clubs when they seemingly keen to be on the losing side still stands.
Which trades would you have considered? We had one ITK here stating we were working with GCS on a pick swap but a deal fell through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back