Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 10: Everything's 'Peachy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Really?
Pork barrelling has been around forever but last time I checked it wasn't illegal - what Trump is accused of is illegal , but you already knew that I presume:)
Red shirts/ obtaining a financial advantage by deception (falsifying documents and refusing to cooperate with Police) = pork barrelling.
Lying to voters that (it's not worth the paper it's written on) = pork barrelling.

You've heard it here first folks.
1575352385344.png

Then again, those who don't pay taxes wouldn't care how their money is spent would they.

Have the Police investigated Trump?

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Ask yourself why he reacted that way

And Google empathy
Yeah well Gough is on record as saying Americans deserved 9/11 which is light years worse

If you need to ask, keep away from the company of decent people.
That'd be like a Jew complaining to Hitler about how his guards treated him.

I don't get it either. That statement is not personal, not demeaning, not disrespectful of Jews, not disprespectful of POW's or anyone who suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Not deserving of that vicious mouthful of bile.

Last edited:

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Yeh. The US economy is really struggling under Trump :rolleyes: :ox::poo:

You anti-Trump people would be praising him if you could only put your bias aside.

View attachment 788540

View attachment 788542

View attachment 788543

He deserves credit for the continuing positive trend in the Dow.
But you do know that the Dow isn't a measure of the US economic performance don't you?
It's more a reflection on confidence in business - economic performance is measured by GDP which started off at a reasonable 3.1% at the start of the year but has retreated to 2.1% as of Sept 1/4 , with the final quarter expected to be much lower. That's not a glowing endorsement of Trumps economic performance.
The second graph - you do know that that shows the trade deficit is getting worse under Trump don't you - it's close to $500B now which is the opposite of what he set out to achieve with his global tariff insanity :)

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

You anti-Trump people would be praising him if you could only put your bias aside.

View attachment 788540

View attachment 788542

View attachment 788543
Feel free to outline his infrastructure program, and policies that that have led to the economic dynamism that has driven greater productivity and GDP.

Oh that’s right he spends most of the day watching TV and thinking up nicknames for people that don’t idolise him.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Feel free to outline his infrastructure program, and policies that that have led to the economic dynamism that has driven greater productivity and GDP.

Oh that’s right he spends most of the day watching TV and thinking up nicknames for people that don’t idolise him.

Any sane new POTUS would have started with infrastructure - it's hardly controversial and would have passed easily as he had majority in both houses.
In AFL terms he would have been off to a flyer with a huge wave of positive momentum.
What does he do instead ? The narcissism takes over and his hatred of Obama compels him to repeal and replace Obamacare - without an actual workable alternative in place. He gets no traction and takes on immigration at the same time :eek: Wasted a 10 goal breeze in the first quarter !
He's done SFA since Tax and SC judges , could the yanks be so stupid to sign up for another 4 years of his reality BS ?

Yeah well Gough is on record as saying Americans deserved 9/11 which is light years worse

I don't get it either. That statement is not personal, not demeaning, not disrespectful of Jews, not disprespectful of POW's or anyone who suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Not deserving of that vicious mouthful of bile.

Did I agree with him on that?

What is it with you and absolutism? People are either scum or saints, and the reality is most are both to varying degrees

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did I agree with him on that?

What is it with you and absolutism? People are either scum or saints, and the reality is most are both to varying degrees
Not much hope when he doesn’t know that when you invoke Nazis you’ve lost the argument, then he tries to justify it not being inappropriate, and he feels it’s the sender’s right to determine whether the receiver should be offended or feel uncomfortable.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
In polite company you don’t invoke Nazis or Hitler. Nothing, nothing compares.
Social Skills 101 (ref Godwins Law)
Pol pot? Rwandan genocide? Maos great leap forward? A few things compare in terms of level of evil and death. And ofcourse you can compare things to hitler in other less morbid regards as well.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

View attachment 788540

View attachment 788542

View attachment 788543
Having a trade deficit is not a bad thing. Dow jones is more a financial measure and not an economic output measure. Gdp growth has been going ok but thats due to fiscal pump priming. Debt has ballooned. Its going to need to be paid leading to fiscal tightening which will slow growth.

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Is CNN actually working to get Trump re-elected ?

From memory I said that September 11 was a case of the bully getting the bloodied nose, that it was an inevitable consequence of post war American foreign policy, and I stand by that.

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
From memory I said that September 11 was a case of the bully getting the bloodied nose, that it was an inevitable consequence of post war American foreign policy, and I stand by that.
Not convinced you needed to say it in polite conversation.

What is world order - do you mean peace? That's a laugh when most of his energies have been spent on extracting the US from Obama's wars.
If I meant peace I would have written peace. As for wars he isn't doing to badly indirectly creating more chaos.

Any chance at all that you could just post about the present?

Except for trans gender issues, Trump spoke at length about all these policies in his campaign and won a clear, convincing mandate for all of them.
Do things begin and end with Twitter and Democrat talking points HQ for you?

No.

Then again, those who don't pay taxes wouldn't care how their money is spent would they.

Have the Police investigated Trump?
How would we know? His tax returns are still being audited.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's more a reflection on confidence in business
And why would business not be confident with the tax cuts and spending billions on share buyback.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anthony Mundine said just that a week after 9/11 and was chastised as a fool by our and the global media.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Trump is pointing to that statement as good for him.:D

Have you had a chance to look at the Republicans Minority report just released? It is fun to read if you are into word salads.

zelensky.jpg

Anthony Mundine said just that a week after 9/11 and was chastised as a fool by our and the global media.
Now that we're not overwhelmed with the emotion of watching a couple of thousand people get barbecued on live tv we can look at it more rationally and it didn't happen out of the blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back