Player Watch Jay Rantall (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

He comes across very well, very focussed on doing everything required, and more.
quite endearing the way he sort of sways and moves about when he talks.

wont leave anything out, to get the best out of himself.

R.I.P Tay...…….Saintly has spoken. :p

R.I.P Tay...…….Saintly has spoken. :p

Not to mention the new image. Feel for the kid having what seemed such a bright future cut down by the biggest jinx in the land...

He's a serious kid, respectful about the club, and saying all the right 'team first' things. Seems pretty determined too.

He's a serious kid, respectful about the club, and saying all the right 'team first' things. Seems pretty determined too.
Be a nice players breakfast on his table!

You mean he won’t be making paper planes out of the menus and throwing them at Callum Brown’s head?
no.
hell be passing game tactics notes to Callum.

and Callum will read them too!

id love to go again next year.

Nah that would be DeGoey and Maynard for sure

Nah, it was actually Sier this year. Saintly Viewed and I attended the player sponsor breakfast. I sat next to Sier, to protect him from SV.:p

Think I must have bored him, hence he resorted to making paper planes.

Nah, it was actually Sier this year. Saintly Viewed and I attended the player sponsor breakfast. I sat next to Sier, to protect him from SV.:p

Think I must have bored him, hence he resorted to making paper planes.

Look what happened to Sier after he sat next to Saintly Viewed V P.

I would start a petition just to reinstate you as mod as long as we perma ban him........I have had it re (sorry Gimpy)

Talks like a future CEO! Sheesh. Impressive.
He’s very focused.

love that you know he won’t need baby sitting; he’ll just apply himself.

these behaviours they help you get there, need the requisite talent but losing the dumb stuff helps.

Callum Brown is a total focussed guy; Nathan Murphy. Can’t hurt them.

I think we have a beauty inRantall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look what happened to Sier after he sat next to Saintly Viewed V P.

I would start a petition just to reinstate you as mod as long as we perma ban him........I have had it re (sorry Gimpy)

Those pupils!

He sure sounds like he has had some media training prior to being drafted.

Always love when draftees do their first interviews and three years later they have mastered the cliches and rehearsed all the cliche answers to all the questions.

Well most do. You have your odd Travis Cloke that never end up getting there.

Rantall sure does speak like a leader though. Very impressive thus far, now let’s see if he can play football.

I honestly reckon the wing spot opposite to Phillips is there for the taking for Rantall.

I know they've toyed with the idea of Stephenson going there but I think the running power of both Phillips and Rantall would be a good point of difference, kicking aside.

Sidebottom and Stephenson can both play forward and cover them on rotations etc.

Dunno, it just sounds right to me.

(get on him for the Rising Star)

He sure sounds like he has had some media training prior to being drafted.

Always love when draftees do their first interviews and three years later they have mastered the cliches and rehearsed all the cliche answers to all the questions.

Well most do. You have your odd Travis Cloke that never end up getting there.

Rantall sure does speak like a leader though. Very impressive thus far, now let’s see if he can play football.
They all get media training, that’s all part of the deal. It’s good they do.

travis just gets lost in shadows behind mirrors in smoke. Bless him, it is always something he’ll have.
hes doing more stuff around the club, so he’s still much loved around the place.

I honestly reckon the wing spot opposite to Phillips is there for the taking for Rantall.

I know they've toyed with the idea of Stephenson going there but I think the running power of both Phillips and Rantall would be a good point of difference, kicking aside.

Sidebottom and Stephenson can both play forward and cover them on rotations etc.

Dunno, it just sounds right to me.

(get on him for the Rising Star)
Isn't he meant to be a stoppage mid? That's what I'm hoping for.

Isn't he meant to be a stoppage mid? That's what I'm hoping for.

That's his best position but I would've thought in the short term that we're somewhat stacked in the center square. I'll be surprised if he cracks the squad in the short-term and gets put in the guts alongside Adams, Treloar, Pendlebury and co.

That's his best position but I would've thought in the short term that we're somewhat stacked in the center square. I'll be surprised if he cracks the squad in the short-term and gets put in the guts alongside Adams, Treloar, Pendlebury and co.

True. I wasn't really talking about year 1. I'm assuming that Year 1 will be a development year, predominantly in the VFL, but no idea really.

Whilst endurance is a massive asset for a wingman, to me it's even more important that a wingman has excellent game sense and positioning. It's a real structural role in the Bucks game plan, so it's not a role I'd be earmarking for an inexperienced basketball crossover. Although a basketball background probably would help him pick up structure and positioning more quickly than others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back