Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett and Rivers v Perez and 2020 1st and 2nd round selections

You guys are lucky you had something come up for 8. As the initial deal had you guys bending over
I’d say that was the plan all along. It was probably either 8 for 2 firsts or a downgrade and a second. Kinda makes sense why we did it now the second deal is done.

The Bulldogs were bluffing, they had Weightman ahead of Pickett. Melbourne got sucked in and didn't trade down
Source? I've heard the opposite. We put a lot of work into Pickett.

This is it. We got who we wanted. There were no other players like Pickett with his attributes in the pool. Weightman was also a consideration but doesn’t have the defensive pressure we desperately need. Also not sure he has the same crumbing ability. Word was that Hawks Port and Dog we’re keen on Pickett. So we needed to commit.
Connor Budarick who was rated in the 40's has similar defensive capabilities. Played mostly midfield but will be a small defender / pressure forward at AFL level. Quick, excellent endurance, great tackler.

Not as skilled, not a goal kicker - but neither is Pickett really.

Before playing a game, I'd say Pickett's skills could be found much further down the draft.

Connor Budarick who was rated in the 40's has similar defensive capabilities. Played mostly midfield but will be a small defender / pressure forward at AFL level. Quick, excellent endurance, great tackler.

Before playing a game, I'd say Pickett's skills could be found much further down the draft.

We can’t all get ridiculous freebies like GC though.

Pickett will be great and will justify his draft pick. No better or worse than Day, Bergman or Weightman who were taken after him.

We can’t all get ridiculous freebies like GC though.

Pickett will be great and will justify his draft pick. No better or worse than Day, Bergman or Weightman who were taken after him.
not going to lie, pretty happy about the pre-selections. Doesn't really have a single thing to do with my comment.
was suggesting he has similar attributes to someone rated in the 40's. Therefore, pick 10 way to for from my perspective.

Day and Bergman are completely different players.

not going to lie, pretty happy about the pre-selections. Doesn't really have a single thing to do with my comment.
was suggesting he has similar attributes to someone rated in the 40's. Therefore, pick 10 way to for from my perspective.

Day and Bergman are completely different players.

Was more aimed at the comment that you can find similar skills further down in the draft. Who apart from Budarick has a similar skillset?

They are different players yes, but I wouldn’t say they are more or less talented than Pickett which could justify his position in the draft.

Was more aimed at the comment that you can find similar skills further down in the draft. Who apart from Budarick has a similar skillset?

They are different players yes, but I wouldn’t say they are more or less talented than Pickett which could justify his position in the draft.
I'd rather an equally talented 189cm player to a 171cm player.
Seems like Melbourne drafted entirely on need. And traded up to do so.
Just can't see why those two would be rated so differently.

I'd rather an equally talented 189cm player to a 171cm player.
Seems like Melbourne drafted entirely on need. And traded up to do so.
Just can't see why those two would be rated so differently.

Well it's clearly because no recruiter rated them as equally talented, pretty simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports were that Dogs Hawks and Port were all keen on Pickett. If we wanted him we had to take him at 12. Or risk missing out all together.

Reports were that Dogs Hawks and Port were all keen on Pickett. If we wanted him we had to take him at 12. Or risk missing out all together.

Dogs, Hawks and Port played Jason Taylor like a fiddle.

The man is s**t at his job. He gave up 2x 1st rounders and $900k for Lever. Traded pick 6 and have $850k to May. They are amongst our highest paid players and neither are match winners, or can lock down the opposition's best forward

His only achievement was drafting Oliver which only happened because of Paul Roos insistence.

The man is s**t at his job. He gave up 2x 1st rounders and $900k for Lever. Traded pick 6 and have $850k to May. They are amongst our highest paid players and neither are match winners, or can lock down the opposition's best forward

His only achievement was drafting Oliver which only happened because of Paul Roos insistence.
What are you talking about?

Those clubs all had interest in Pickett, we rated him highest of the small forwards in the range and pulled the trigger. Who would you have picked.

Lever and May are perfectly fine. May had a poor year with injury which is unusual for him, but he is absolutely a lock down defender

For the love of God post something factual for a change.

What are you talking about?

Those clubs all had interest in Pickett, we rated him highest of the small forwards in the range and pulled the trigger. Who would you have picked.

Lever and May are perfectly fine. May had a poor year with injury which is unusual for him, but he is absolutely a lock down defender

May plays forwards into form

So what I said about Taylor is not fact??

We didn't trade 2 first rounders for Lever? Or pick 6 for an overweight May?

And outside of Oliver, which of his draft picks have panned out??

So what I said about Taylor is not fact??

We didn't trade 2 first rounders for Lever? Or pick 6 for an overweight May?

And outside of Oliver, which of his draft picks have panned out??

Oliver, Brayshaw, Petracca are the obvious ones, Weideman has shown good potential but needs to stay off the injury list.

James Harmes
Aaron vandenBerg
Mitch Hannan
Oscar McDonald
Alex Neal-Bullen

Those 5 are picks 40 or below (or rookie listed), all of those guys can play a role and you've done well to get that with late draft picks and the rookie list.

Other guys like Joel Smith who is highly rated albeit struggled with injury.

Bayley Fritsch taken with pick 31, an excellent pick already.

Charlie Spargo with pick 29, shown some good signs but still a work in progress.

Harrison Petty with pick 37, a work in progress again but the early signs are very good.

Marty Hore with pick 56, slotted in very nicely.

Too early to call on the likes of Tom Sparrow, James Jordon, Toby Bedford.

Jason Taylor has done a good job with the picks he's been dealt.

May plays forwards into form

Just further cementing yourself as having absolutely no idea.

Back