Training 2020 Pre-Season

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
If Lethers goes so be it. He's a high stakes gambler. He looks like the type who'd get bored and stale quickly. Nothing he's done so far has moved us up the ladder and until we see what happens this season we won't know how successful his tenure was. He's made some massive dice roles with a huge list and off field churn of staff. He's either going to look like a genius or a complete fraud very quickly, he's not standing around hoping no-one notices him like our list few regimes at least. He's a man of action.
The last sentence is exactly why we should want him to stay. On leaving being a target is a lot different to him looking to leave. He is certainly the man we need.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Do you really need the interview? I’ll save your time for the rest of your life:
They’ll always be “training the house down”.
They’re always “came back in great shape”
It’s always “great to have last years injured players out there with the boys”
and don’t forget “the boys are itching for round 1”
There’s always a few guys each year “setting the standard”
Don't forget the "look forward to earning the respect of my teammates" classic for the noobs.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good news. I almost expect Hunts to be a gun now; jury still out on Coff.
Btw, what’s a nbl?

Narf back lanker

We need more of them

Howard has all the makings of being a genuine GOAT replacement.
All the really great players finish last in the time trials. He's ticking all the right boxes. The Goats always run inside the cones and the blue lines too. Because you can, when you know nobody has got the guts to drop you.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
View attachment 788641

Whoops...how did that get in there.
027B2DB6-A5B1-433F-A252-8B4D2EE14E1F.gif

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
All the really great players finish last in the time trials. He's ticking all the right boxes. The Goats always run inside the cones and the blue lines too. Because you can, when you know nobody has got the guts to drop you.
The big change this year is our depth , past years we kept playing Weller , Newnes , Acres etc because we had nothing else.
This year totally different if most of the team stays fit.

Geary - Howard - Wilkie
Roberton - Carlisle - Webster
Billings - Hannebery - Hill
Butler - Battle - Jones
Gresham - Membery - King

Marshall - Steele - Hunter Clark

Ross / Ryder / Sinclair / Dunstan / Paton / Kent / Long / Bytel / Austin / Lonie / Parker / Hind / Langlands / Phillips / Marsh / Clavarino / Joyce / Mayo / Brown / Savage

we now have plenty of options

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
The big change this year is our depth , past years we kept playing Weller , Newnes , Acres etc because we had nothing else.

Geary - Howard - Wilkie
Butler - Battle - Jones
Gresham - Membery - King

Ross / Ryder / Sinclair / Dunstan / Paton / Kent / Long / Bytel / Austin / Lonie / Parker / Hind / Langlands / Phillips / Marsh / Clavarino / Joyce / Mayo / Brown / Savage

like it! don't know how jones goes forward, might have to rotate him with billings imo, but otherwise I'd be pumped to see this side round 1

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
O
Or even a richer mans ex Geelong guy who came to us. He was that forgettable I’ve forgotten his name
Please feel free to share your enormous contribution to the club's recruiting. Doing ok is Peakey, down at Geelong. Perennial finalists. Built their premiership winning dynasty, which is why we recruited him in the first place.

Over saw our premiership tilts. What was your contribution again? Oh that's right, nobody knows nor cares.

Geary - Howard - Wilkie
Butler - Battle - Jones
Gresham - Membery - King

100% agree. And I welcome it. The strategy only works though if everyone is being picked on merit, and that raises some very interesting questions.

1. Will Captain Geary be gifted a spot if his biggest strength which is his tenacity through running power is diminished due to injury? I think Paton may be front running for his position.
  2. Will Brown be consigned to be depth only? He seems to be having a career best pre-season. If he's good enough should he play? I think he may have Howards measure right now. But, I think they're both depth behind Carlisle and Battle if both are fit.
  3. Will Ryder be gifted games, because Marshall is the future? Does the better tap ruckman get the main gig? Do we even play both?

Paton - Carlisle - Wilkie
Savage - Battle - Webster
Jones - Hill - Sinclair
Hannebery - Membrey - Billings
Butler - King - Lonie

Marshall - Steele - Ross

Clark - Dunstan - Ryder - Langlands/Coffield

Howard / Roberton / Geary / Kent / Long / Austin / Parker / Hind / Phillips / Marsh / Clavarino / Joyce / Mayo / Brown

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda

Geary - Howard - Wilkie
Butler - Battle - Jones
Gresham - Membery - King

DEPTH? Dont forget one mans depth is next years discards......one can only make that call regarding depth when a vast number of these players prove their worth...although i'm truly excited about the pace of change there is still only one or two that have shown signs and we may still be pretty shallow when push comes to shove. Having said that I do really want to get carried away with it all. Stuck on the razors edge staring into the abyss....torn between the exhilaration of unbridled hope and the unbearable gravity of reality.....hic up!!! @@%$%# look allow me to show you perfect control....buuurp! oops sorry!!

Last edited:
What form were you judging those sides on so early in the year though? At that point in time 2018 was the truest form guide we had.
I was using actual form , the Bombers got flogged by 70 plus points the week before , Hawthorn were missing their best mid plus an ageing list , Everyone knew GCS were going to be bottom so nothing to be excited by beating them and the Demons have been our bunnies for years except for the rare win by them.
The point is we were just not ready or good enough this year to do any real damage , i dont think we will be next year either but in 2021 i expect massive improvement .

Last edited:

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I was using actual form , the Bombers got flogged by 70 plus points the week before , Hawthorn were missing their best mid plus an ageing list , Everyone knew GCS were going to be bottom so nothing to be excited by beating them and the Demons have been our bunnies for years except for the rare win by them.
The point is we were just not ready or good enough this year to do any real damage , i dont think we will be next year either but in 2012 i expect massive improvement .
The Captain going Back to the Future with his predictions! I like the lateral thinking man
But does that mean we have to reappoint bloody Watters then for the 2012 season?

The Captain going Back to the Future with his predictions! I like the lateral thinking man
But does that mean we have to reappoint bloody Watters then for the 2012 season?
Ok , you got me big time , lets try 2021 :p

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
O

Please feel free to share your enormous contribution to the club's recruiting. Doing ok is Peakey, down at Geelong. Perennial finalists. Built their premiership winning dynasty, which is why we recruited him in the first place.

Over saw our premiership tilts. What was your contribution again? Oh that's right, nobody knows nor cares.
Glad he helped Geelong. Unfortunately he didn’t help our club.

Back