Statue for SOS

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha ha, have to agree you rolled blues when you offloaded that spud Judd though, lucky it was before the SOS dynasty!
Yeah I know Rawlings no longer there, gone to Norf, yes?
Yes, football manager. Shame, he was an astute list manager. See how he goes next year with North recruiting as he wasn't involved this year.

The amount of players he brought in and turned over in 5 seasons is unprecented. Such a shotgun approach to recruiting. Some of them have to stick.
We’ve been through this in a different thread mate. Over the past 4 years SOS’ turnover has been marginally higher than a lot of other clubs - you’re making stuff up again. Do you want us to go through the average games player by delisted players again too?

And Carlton have had the most enviable array of top end picks of any non-expansion club over the last decade and a half by a mile. Due almost entirely to their own incompetence.
Melbourne says 'hi'. At least Carlton actually hits some of their first round picks. Melbourne managed to turn screwing up their top end picks into an art form.

We’ve been through this in a different thread mate. Over the past 4 years SOS’ turnover has been marginally higher than a lot of other clubs - you’re making stuff up again. Do you want us to go through the average games player by delisted players again too?
53 players picked up over four seasons. He’s turned over 27 of those time in such a short period. It’s not marginally higher than other clubs mate. In that same time Richmond drafted and recruited 27 players. Collingwood 34.

Last edited:
53 players picked up over four seasons. He’s turned over 27 of those time in such a short period. Unprecedented.
That is correct.

Significantly more players brought into the club, with considerably less percentage player retention.

The comparison was made with Collingwood in another thread (prompted by none other than chunkylover himself).

When the percentage player retention over the past four seasons ranges from between 50% (Carlton, the lowest by far) to approaching 70%, a 'small' difference of a little over 10% is significant.

if I was a Blues fan (thank god I am not) and my club was in the middle of another rebuild with the following old dudes in our best 22, I would be seething

Simpson 35 , Betts 33, Murphy 32 , Kreuzer 30, Ed Curnow 30, Casboult 30 , Jones 29

With players as old as the above , you would expect to be in premiership contention but they are miles away from even making the 8.

Carlton are in no mans land, again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if I was a Blues fan (thank god I am not) and my club was in the middle of another rebuild with the following old dudes in our best 22, I would be seething

Simpson 35 , Betts 33, Murphy 32 , Kreuzer 30, Ed Curnow 30, Casboult 30 , Jones 29

With players as old as the above , you would expect to be in premiership contention but they are miles away from even making the 8.

Carlton are in no mans land, again.
Is Liam Jones really 29? Time flies

Jack Silvagni may have just poured fuel on the fire of his father’s impending high-profile exit from Carlton.

The 21-year-old liked tweets that claimed the Blues had treated list boss Stephen Silvagni with contempt.

One tweet the young Blue liked read: “Disgraceful what they have done to SOS. Single handed (sic) fixed our list and recruiting.”

Jack Silvagni may have just poured fuel on the fire of his father’s impending high-profile exit from Carlton.

The 21-year-old liked tweets that claimed the Blues had treated list boss Stephen Silvagni with contempt.

One tweet the young Blue liked read: “Disgraceful what they have done to SOS. Single handed (sic) fixed our list and recruiting.”

is this real?

edit: wow it is

fact is indeed stranger than fiction
Yes, if this rubbish goes on much longer , the AFL will have to step in.
Carlton have every right to sack SOS but as a result, the board have been abused and now his son, a product of nepotism, has undermined Cain Liddell and the board.That's what happens when you grow up as the son of celebrities, you think you can break ethical rules and get whattever you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back