List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Mitch (Star Wars) O'Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what?

That's he has, by his own admission, struggled mentally with an entire family support network around him whilst being based at home.

Move him away from that support network to the furtherest possible capital city from Hobart, and I just can't envisage he is going to make a seamless transition.

I hope I am wrong about the kid. Truly.

That's he has, by his own admission, struggled mentally with an entire family support network around him whilst being based at home.

Move him away from that support network to the furtherest possible capital city from Hobart, and I just can't envisage he is going to make a seamless transition.

Possibly. But he also said he struggled with the weight of expectation.

Being drafted as a rookie to a club with very limited national media focus (compared to a big Melbourne club) might take away some of that.

Sure, he will be personally driven to perform, but externally many expect him to be off the list within 2 years (As that is generally the fate of rookies). Might take some pressure off.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. But he also said he struggled with the weight of expectation.

Being drafted as a rookie to a club with very limited national media focus (compared to a big Melbourne club) might take away some of that.

Sure, he will be personally driven to perform, but externally many expect him to be off the list within 2 years (As that is generally the fate of rookies). Might take some pressure off.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. Getting out of the bubble to live and play independently will help him a lot.

Get him a Perth girlfriend and he'll be right.

Maybe he was struggling because he blew his knee up and feared that was it for his footy prospects?

The kid is dual AA, he was probably a first round lock until his injury... A bit for a kid to deal with.

Listening to O’Neill speak he ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed but to have the pressure of being a underaged AA and backing it up this year when he was aware and feeling the pressure to perform says a lot about his personality to deal with adversity..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listening to O’Neill speak he ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed but to have the pressure of being a underaged AA and backing it up this year when he was aware and feeling the pressure to perform says a lot about his personality to deal with adversity..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He seems to go alright on the field regardless of his sharpness levels. Young fella barracked for the Western Bulldogs growing up and wants to be tradie. Blue collar work ethics. He will make some good mates at the club. Has some great places to surf. Lecca will teach him to catch baldies. He will clear around 90K in his first year. Life's good. He should be thankful we took a chance on him when all the other mob passed him over.

I had a read of a few articles about him and liked the sound of this. Sounds brave. Bruce will be creaming himself if we can get him on the park

"His place in the midfield this year came after averaging 20.2 disposals and 5.5 marks per game with the Allies throughout the national carnival, where his athleticism and willingness to crash into packs through the air were on full display.

Unfortunately, that bravery also cost him his second half of the season. Going back with the flight to take a mark while playing for Tasmania in the NAB League, O'Neill was knocked in mid-air and landed awkwardly
"

fu** me I didn’t realise how many nerds support west coast. I haven’t even seen all the original star wars let alone any of the ones after
I’m definitely a nerd but I don’t think I’ve seen any of the original Star Wars movies in full.

Image result for kick off boat gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back