Travel The Hangar Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is inside La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.
I was skeptical from the outside, especially as I approached from the rather modern and (deliberately) dreary passion facade.
But it was probably the most beautiful church

This is inside La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.
I was skeptical from the outside, especially as I approached from the rather modern and (deliberately) dreary passion facade.
But it was probably the most beautiful church

I hope you are training everywhere Zephyr Spirally !, I remember the loco-locomotive thread ..

Ha! Not this trip. It was just Barcelona so no trains, apart from a couple of tubes in London. We went to London just to catch the London to Perth mega flight.
I do love a good loco though!
My previous sentence post was unfinished. Probably the most beautiful church I’ve ever been in.
I was there in the morning so the light was at its most beautiful and soft. I’m a committed atheist but it was, well, divine.

Ha! Not this trip. It was just Barcelona so no trains, apart from a couple of tubes in London. We went to London just to catch the London to Perth mega flight.
I do love a good loco though!
My previous sentence post was unfinished. Probably the most beautiful church I’ve ever been in.
I was there in the morning so the light was at its most beautiful and soft. I’m a committed atheist but it was, well, divine.

I remember we visited the gothic cathedral in charters, France. Its pretty dark and dreary inside around the back save for the huge stained glass windows. May have been a freak occurance, I don't know but there was a tiny hole high up in the stained glass. My partner was just Infront of me looking about, she had her hood half over her head. All of a sudden a beam of light speared thru the hole through the dusty air and was illuminating her. This was times pre mobile phone, I go don't move! I gotta catch this shot, fumbling about for my digital camera, by the time I looked up again it had past

Not sure if an apparition, or a run of the mill moment ;)

I still curse myself for not being quick enough. She looked like a proper angel for a few moments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Segrada Familia is one of the most stunning pieces of architecture I have ever seen. When we approached it on foot (coming from the Park Guell), when it first came into close view after rounding a corner a couple blocks away, it quite literally knocked the breath out of me.

Long service leave approved for April. 6 weeks in Europe. At this stage looking at Poland, Ukraine(looking at doing a tour of Chernobyl), the Baltic states and Finland. Question to people who have used Airbnb before. How far in advance do you need to book and when is too early? If I start booking over the Christmas holidays for April is that too early?

Long service leave approved for April. 6 weeks in Europe. At this stage looking at Poland, Ukraine(looking at doing a tour of Chernobyl), the Baltic states and Finland. Question to people who have used Airbnb before. How far in advance do you need to book and when is too early? If I start booking over the Christmas holidays for April is that too early?

I wouldn’t have thought there is such a thing as too early, providing the booking is open for that date.

I wouldn’t have thought there is such a thing as too early, providing the booking is open for that date.
Pretty much this, if you see something you like and it's available grab it before it goes.

Aren't you nervous about going to Chernobyl?

Aren't you nervous about going to Chernobyl?

Not really. They say that the level of radiation is low enough these days not to pose a real risk.

From what I understand it’s about common sense. If you went to Chernobyl and started rolling around in the dirt and eating wild fruit and drinking water from streams, then obviously you’re being pretty stupid.

The tours though, are short in length and carefully crafted to avoid exposure to radiation levels for too long.

eating wild fruit

In Russia, fruit eats you

29z8tu5c5d745b6ae7c2.34347965

If you went to Chernobyl and started rolling around in the dirt and eating wild fruit and drinking water from streams, then obviously you’re being pretty stupid.
Or dedicated to becoming a superhero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back