Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a draft expert here can help with this:
We only have a first rounder and a second rounder for next season. So say for example we have 4 list spots available on draft night 2020, we will automatically receive 2 picks that slot in and the end of the draft order, nominally something along the lines of 84 & 85?
Given there will be a huge about of picks that disappear ahead of us as academy and F/S bids are matched, those picks will probably jump forward very significantly and could end up in the 50s maybe?? Is that realistic or not?
There was only 65 players selected this year on the main draft which effectively means that 4th rounders are getting passed on.
I know we will have our own academy kids to match on but it sounds like they could well be late/rookie draft bids anyway.. Apart from maybe Joel Western. thoughts?
Jackson Callow key forward is already on the radar, Logan McDonald WA is another key forward.
Really depends on Dixon this year, if he improves at Peel to be a genuine option?

The list managment in regard to the better players would appear to be sound as those players are almost to a man the guys who will be candidates for getting pushed out the door at the end of 2020. A few of the players on that list still have time on their side but most would be keen to stay fit and give it their best shot this coming season.
Most of the best 22 and the younger guys with time to prove themselves are under contract past the end of 2020. Not that contracts are as watertight as they once were.
Having 14 who are not in the "better players" category and 2 draft picks is a little unnerving, especially when one of those draft picks is our degraded 1st. That effectively translates into a number of those guys being extended and others being replaced by late picks and in the rookie draft.

Having 14 who are not in the "better players" category and 2 draft picks is a little unnerving, especially when one of those draft picks is our degraded 1st. That effectively translates into a number of those guys being extended and others being replaced by late picks and in the rookie draft.
We only need two picks at the draft, we can upgrade a rookie to fill the third (and make space for potential cat B rookie/s)

I reckon a lot of movement could come to and from the rookie list tbh.

We have four rookies (Dixon, North, Watson, O'Reilly) who will probably be delisted if they dont improve significantly, the first three probably either get promoted or delisted. We have three Cat B rookies too who may be better off available for selection in 2021.

Then I think we'll be okay with Colyer and one or two of the other boys contracted until 2021 sitting on the rookie list in their final year.

I reckon a lot of movement could come to and from the rookie list tbh.

We have four rookies (Dixon, North, Watson, O'Reilly) who will probably be delisted if they dont improve significantly, the first three probably either get promoted or delisted. We have three Cat B rookies too who may be better off available for selection in 2021.

Then I think we'll be okay with Colyer and one or two of the other boys contracted until 2021 sitting on the rookie list in their final year.
Dixon and North must know this it for them? List looks to have plenty of mids, and with Watson, O Reilly, others we have depth for backman.
Forwards look better in the small/medium class, but we have Hogan, Tabs injury concerns and Cox who can play forward/back/ruck.
I wonder if Jamieson was on our list of potentials?
WC know Kennedy is declining, still have Brander, Allen, Waterman, Williams, Jamieson as backups
All of a sudden Meek may become very important to us?

Wallsy really needs to start living up to his role as the carrier of bags a bit more Snuffaluphagus
I think after helping Bell get the Lion and the Silver Fox fired the power has gone to his head. Disgraceful number of people carrying their own bags in this video.

On a side note, Baeshaw is looking absolutely massive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enter Granger-Barass

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
By all accounts Grainger Barass will be a top 10 pick and possibly even higher, so we will have to have a pretty s**t season to be in contention for him. Pearce is an elite player so I’d hope the club will do whatever it takes to get him right, does anyone have more details on exactly what the issue is with Alex?

By all accounts Grainger Barass will be a top 10 pick and possibly even higher, so we will have to have a pretty s**t season to be in contention for him. Pearce is an elite player so I’d hope the club will do whatever it takes to get him right, does anyone have more details on exactly what the issue is with Alex?
Higher than a top 10 pick?

My guess would be that the metalwork holding the end of his tibia in one piece is a spot of inflammation and they are going to remove it.

There isn't exactly a warehouse of space in joints for extra things to sit even a little bit proud.

DGB not in Knightmare's early 2020 top 20, FWIW: https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/28191579/afl-draft-************-top-20-prospects-2020
Pretty sure Cal Released a "10 to watch in 2020", he says in that, that he rates DGB as a likely top 10 pick.

Without opening the article, using my psychic power... OOooOoo..... I bet it's full of players who were underage at the U18s this year, NGA kids and father sons and the three best Victorian players.

And Nathan O'Driscoll.

Certainly sceptical of KM's analysis (or lack thereof) when it comes to non-Vic kids, I simply found the lack of Grainger-Barrass on there interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back