AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
God I love Diesel. There's no fluff when he talks, just straight down the line. Hope the young fellas soak up as much as they can from this legend of the game.

Summed up by his anecdote on Open Mike when he talked about telling senior players like Mickey Turner where to stand at boundary throw-ins in his first game (and ruffled a few feathers).

He said - 'at stoppages I always liked to work out beforehand where I was going to kick or handball the ball so I would direct the players where to stand'. (paraphrasing).

I thought - it's such an obvious thing to do - pre-plan where you are going to deliver the ball - yet I wonder how many AFL players don't think this far ahead !!

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Gee we are close to a full squad these days. CC and McKay the obvious outs. Owies not training. Murph rest day maybe. Kreuzer on his often restricted duties. Just manage him these days I think. Goddard, Marchy doing intervals. LOb and macreadie mostly intervals. Dow did about half the session then intervals. Fish did half the session then like a 5km run. Newman intervals (a lot).

The rest trained I think.

Firstly my observations from the group intervals. Maybe 8 x 150-180? 30-45 rest.

A few groups. Interestingly Cripps pushes himself into the first group. Ed and Cottrell. Just in front of setters (flying) and Walshy. Then Cunners, Kennedy and Crippa. I don’t think other than the first 4 there is too much to read into group structure. Cripps is career best running I think.

Next group contained Doc, McG, sos (all going well).

Dow seemed to handle the intervals better today (in group) and ran more on his own. I’m sure I overheard him saying he was managing something. Lob def managing a lower back/hammy. Just tightness? Fish the same I think. Just being careful.

The big guys (Pittonet, Weiters, Casboult, TDk) rain with the first years on the other side. First years again didn’t do much.

Running wise I am stunned at setters. He’s had a massive off season. Ed seemed intent on beating Cottrell today (and did).

Lots of in close work early in training. The usual suspects showed out. Walsh Cripps Setters.

The full ground activity (3 groups taking each other on 2 at a time) was great. Kicking is very good. Better than last year. Gee Cunners can kick the ball. And is so fast. I love him as a half forward. You see in the intervals he can’t really repeat run like Walsh etc. So he’s best kept to half forward and bursts on ball.

Fisher and MCG are in great shape. MCG is flying. I can’t believe he is the same guy who got pulled out of training to run intervals with Ben S and couldn’t keep up.

Sam Walsh must be the fastest runner when leaning at 45 degrees in the history of ever....

Jones looked fantastic. Was a boss out there. He and Weitering are a brick wall. Like amazing.

Willo, Stocker and Martin all really ‘punch’ the ball when kicking. In fact it seems to be a focus. A lot are doing it. Cripps. Cunners. Walsh. Much more than the past. Great to see.

Matty K’s hands below knees are oft missed and ignored. Truly a freak for his size. Or any size. Like the way they are bringing him on.

TDk is a wonderful mover. May be a long slow burn but I can’t wait to see him in game.

COshches report: Teague in the thick of it. And also ran laps on his own. Stanton tan with Fish for support. Russell very attentive to every athlete. Every minor adjustment to program. Wanted more (and got it) from dow.

Love the feel of the place. They seem very happy.

Gee we are close to a full squad these days. CC and McKay the obvious outs. Owies not training. Murph rest day maybe. Kreuzer on his often restricted duties. Just manage him these days I think. Goddard, Marchy doing intervals. LOb and macreadie mostly intervals. Dow did about half the session then intervals. Fish did half the session then like a 5km run. Newman intervals (a lot).

The rest trained I think.

Firstly my observations from the group intervals. Maybe 8 x 150-180? 30-45 rest.

A few groups. Interestingly Cripps pushes himself into the first group. Ed and Cottrell. Just in front of setters (flying) and Walshy. Then Cunners, Kennedy and Crippa. I don’t think other than the first 4 there is too much to read into group structure. Cripps is career best running I think.

Next group contained Doc, McG, sos (all going well).

Dow seemed to handle the intervals better today (in group) and ran more on his own. I’m sure I overheard him saying he was managing something. Lob def managing a lower back/hammy. Just tightness? Fish the same I think. Just being careful.

The big guys (Pittonet, Weiters, Casboult, TDk) rain with the first years on the other side. First years again didn’t do much.

Running wise I am stunned at setters. He’s had a massive off season. Ed seemed intent on beating Cottrell today (and did).

Lots of in close work early in training. The usual suspects showed out. Walsh Cripps Setters.

The full ground activity (3 groups taking each other on 2 at a time) was great. Kicking is very good. Better than last year. Gee Cunners can kick the ball. And is so fast. I love him as a half forward. You see in the intervals he can’t really repeat run like Walsh etc. So he’s best kept to half forward and bursts on ball.

Fisher and MCG are in great shape. MCG is flying. I can’t believe he is the same guy who got pulled out of training to run intervals with Ben S and couldn’t keep up.

Sam Walsh must be the fastest runner when leaning at 45 degrees in the history of ever....

Jones looked fantastic. Was a boss out there. He and Weitering are a brick wall. Like amazing.

Willo, Stocker and Martin all really ‘punch’ the ball when kicking. In fact it seems to be a focus. A lot are doing it. Cripps. Cunners. Walsh. Much more than the past. Great to see.

Matty K’s hands below knees are oft missed and ignored. Truly a freak for his size. Or any size. Like the way they are bringing him on.

TDk is a wonderful mover. May be a long slow burn but I can’t wait to see him in game.

COshches report: Teague in the thick of it. And also ran laps on his own. Stanton tan with Fish for support. Russell very attentive to every athlete. Every minor adjustment to program. Wanted more (and got it) from dow.

Love the feel of the place. They seem very happy.
Thanks for the report.

I'm really pleased with this "Love the feel of the place. They seem very happy."

That sounds really good.
Imagine how Martin must be feeling - confirmation bias with his wanting to come to CFC?
Imagine how the new players are feeling
The place seem happy and training is at a high standard = great combination to have for a good pre-season :D
Love it!

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
How are kennedy and JSOS doin?
Just further to this:

Kennedy and Goddard both have terrible running styles. It continues to amaze me that professional athletes can’t sort their technique out. Even in training.

Get your bloody hips tall. Don’t lean ‘over’ at the hips, lean forward. But slightly. Practice your ‘step overs opposite knee’. Have you feet land under your body. Run quietly.

It’s a skill. This is basic s**t. Being economic in movement is vital.

Just ask Sammy.

They’ve just put an album up on Facebook of training today. The pictures of Walsh, Kennedy and McGovern are very impressive. They look in great shape.

Your sigline off Snatch yeah?

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Some of my fav pics from today's gallery ...

78472470_10157694566973334_7154992929008779264_o.jpg

78891078_10157694566688334_3070474971768684544_o.jpg

78839131_10157694566203334_2429468600537448448_o.jpg

76710812_10157694566088334_4130462738528862208_o.jpg

78047249_10157694566918334_8211022853340921856_o.jpg

78321420_10157694566478334_1886076502252978176_o.jpg

Back