Player Watch Ben Keays - Signs on til 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched a shedload of the Lions NEAFL this season and this bloke absolutely killed it playing more as a forward than a mid. Smart pick with his size and versatility. Will play more AFL in 2020 than some may think.

when JPKennedy went from Hawthorn to Sydney as an unwanted, unwarranted bust he had played 13 games total

no one is saying Keays will end up like that but some talent identification is key the better the pick, the more work is needed

Don’t hate the picks. But kinda feels like we’re Just replacing Ellis yolman and greenwood with cheaper players

Well, yes, that's probably true. They are also younger.

Seems we learnt from the Gibbs and Betts contracts and didn't want to be stuck with players over 30 on expensive contracts.

Genuinely happy with this selection. Always felt Keays belongs at AFL level and, along with Crocker, isn’t costing us much to see if he will.
Also very un-Crows like to be selecting a couple of delisted AFL players in the rookie draft, like the change up this year given the AFL experience that’s left the club in the off-season and that they are both still young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone needs to get their sarcasm detector fixed.

People that are sarcastic on the internet are *n morons.

You cant convey the sarcasm and there ARE people stupid enough to believe what they're saying.

So if your plan is to be sarcastic on the internet, the people not picking it up arent the idiots.

I found it very interesting the Hamish thought his best game was on the wing.

I’m starting to get a feeling that our wings this year might finally be Atkins and DMAC Free.

McHenry, Kaeys, Sloane can all play there and expose teams with gut running, then use Seedsman and Smith as the deep penetrating kicks.

People that are sarcastic on the internet are fu**n morons.

You cant convey the sarcasm and there ARE people stupid enough to believe what they're saying.

So if your plan is to be sarcastic on the internet, the people not picking it up arent the idiots.
Good post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YES ... a big firm NO to little snowflakes

The only snowflakes here are the guys whining about "lefties" completely unbidden ;)

This will be a good pick, I always liked this guy, thought he should have gotten more of a chance

Both italics and emoticons can be used to convey sarcasm. It's not sarcasm's fault people don't understand how to use internet lingo.

Both italics and emoticons can be used to convey sarcasm. It's not sarcasm's fault people don't understand how to use internet lingo.

I also like the "BoTh ItAlIcS aNd EmOtIcOnS" etc but it's too hard to read sometimes

Don’t hate the picks. But kinda feels like we’re Just replacing Ellis yolman and greenwood with cheaper players

Seeing both are what 185 cm to 188 cm, it is certainly a strange way to do it.

Agreed. In fact humour in general is problematic and best avoided.

If you make a joke you are a jerk. Especially if it is funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back