Toast Ben D leaving Port...it’s confirmed. All the best Ben. You deserve it!

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Am I supposed to know who this is?
3E7BDA6C-DFA8-4717-BAAF-89BF35FD4A59.jpeg

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
Ben was absolutely terrific at what he did. Very friendly bloke and had time for absolutely everyone. He did have to put up with a lot of drama involving supporters so a small part of me is glad that he'll be relieved of all that.

The club will definitely miss him.

Spoke to Ben a few times after having issues with the online store.
Basically i wasn't sure who to provide feedback to so I asked him via email.
Within 10 minutes I had a reply asking for a phone number so he could talk to me about it.
A few weeks later out of the blue he contacted me again to ensure it was all sorted out.
Was unbelievably helpful - definitely a great asset for the club and will definitely be missed.
I can imagine he'd have been the guy who would have listened to a lot of complaints for a long time - the novelty would wear off I think.

Don’t blame him!

He has been pushing s**t uphill for the past few years and they don’t seem to listen to his actually knowledgeable views on the member base!

Good luck in your future endeavours Ben! You deserve all the success in the world!

Whether it was his choice or not, it is absolutely the best time for him to leave - memberships are going to tank hard this year with Ken still in the top job. I would have thought our CEO and Prez would understand the concept of a sunk cost.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Ben helped me three times when i was in panic mode each time.
Every time it was done without fanfare, quickly, professionally and with total courtesy.
Absolute ripper bloke.
When I praised him and said what a cracker of a person he was, he just deflected the praise with complete and genuine modesty.
Vale Ben and all the best in your new gig.
Thank you mate - we will certainly miss you. :'(
Hope the club gives him a fitting farewell and a decent write up on the official Port website.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dealing with the groundswell of irate and complaining fans must have gotten to him in the end. Such a conscientious and passionate person it would have worn him down. I remember him saying his life goal and dream was to work for his beloved PAFC. . Glad he has found another,hopefully less soul destroying position elsewhere. He deserves it.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
had time for absolutely everyone.
100% he's been part of the furniture and yep will be sadly missed.

At the marches especially he hasn't looked all that happy this year, my take being he's witnessed a drop off in numbers and morale

and it seems to have weighed heavily on him.

I know the feeling.

There's a few high profile people at PAFC who have done a lot of damage to the fabric of our club and yet I fear the dumb arrogant self centred

pricks either don't see it or don't care.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Dealing with the groundswell of irate and complaining fans must have gotten to him in the end. Such a conscientious and passionate person it would have worn him down. I remember him saying his life goal and dream was to work for his beloved PAFC. . Glad he has found another,hopefully less soul destroying position elsewhere. He deserves it.
While I was posting you had already summed it up

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Massive loss if true. He wouldn't know me except by face but he said a sincere hello every time he saw me.

One of the people at the club who "gets" Port Adelaide and what it means to people not just the b.s. we have great fans platitudes.

A guy that I worked with for years who was a wise old sage once told me the greatest compliment he thought you could give when someone was leaving was a genuine thank you and to say that they genuinely touched people and made a difference.

Benny if you are on your way good luck you genuinely touched people everyday and made a massive difference to thousands of us.

Thank you.

Back