List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
#4 Izak Rankine (takes jacks number)
#13 Wil Powell (takes ah chees)
#15 Matt Rowell (had 11 for oakleigh & metro, 19 on insta
#18 Brandon Ellis (C. Ellis & more mature type players)
#21 Hugh Greenwood (seen pics of his kit)
#22 Noah Anderson (had 8 oakleigh, 24 vic metro, 17 on insta)
#26 Sam Flanders
#32 Zac Smith (fits in nicely with ex cats murdoch & GHS)
#35 Connor Budarick
#37 Jeremy Sharp (insta bio)
#42 Malcolm Rosas
#48 Matt Conroy
#50 Jy Farrar
#51 Patrick Murtagh
#52 Luke Towey (leaked on here)

My crack at it, If powell doesnt take 13, i think Anderson will and 22 wil go flanders/budarick.

Don't think King or Lukousis will take a low number yet, one of them could easily take 1 or 2 in 1-3 years

Is 27 going to be left vacant in your opinion?

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
#26 Sam Flanders
#35 Connor Budarick
#42 Malcolm Rosas
#48 Matt Conroy
#50 Jy Farrar
#51 Patrick Murtagh

My crack at it, If powell doesnt take 13, i think Anderson will and 22 wil go flanders/budarick.

Don't think King or Lukousis will take a low number yet, one of them could easily take 1 or 2 in 1-3 years
Can't see them giving Rowell, Anderson, Flanders etc a higher number than Luko and King. Doesn't have a good look about it but what do we (or I) know. We'll wait and see.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
#26 Sam Flanders
#35 Connor Budarick
#42 Malcolm Rosas
#48 Matt Conroy
#50 Jy Farrar
#51 Patrick Murtagh

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2019-12-04/2020-guernsey-numbers-revealed
B Ellis 4
Lukosius 13
Anderson 15
Rowell 18
Greenwood 21
Rankine 22
Flanders 26
Smith 32
Budarick 35
Sharp 37
Rosas 41
Murtagh 42
Conroy 48
Farrar 50
Towey 52

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Matt Rowell and Sam Walsh are both wearing No.18. Hope these 2 both become beasts fighting for Charlie every year Ronaldo Messi style :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Look, you must not be much of a sports fan. Neither Ronaldo or Messi have EVER won a Charlie. Noob!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I see the justification for the Geelong trade was that pick 11 might be taken away by the AFL if the Suns improve a lot next year. But if you do improve a lot, would any of you really care about a pick being taken away? I doubt it'll come to that situation anyway, and if it doesn't, there's an opportunity cost to trading out that pick: it could have been used to get a veteran next trade period, or to get someone else's future first in 2021. I hope it was at least offered up in negotiations with Carlton to see if they'd come to the table on Martin.

I can't see the Geelong trade as anything but a loss unfortunately, but hopefully Sharp turns out to be a gun.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see the justification for the Geelong trade was that pick 11 might be taken away by the AFL if the Suns improve a lot next year. But if you do improve a lot, would any of you really care about a pick being taken away? I doubt it'll come to that situation anyway, and if it doesn't, there's an opportunity cost to trading out that pick: it could have been used to get a veteran next trade period, or to get someone else's future first in 2021. I hope it was at least offered up in negotiations with Carlton to see if they'd come to the table on Martin.

I can't see the Geelong trade as anything but a loss unfortunately, but hopefully Sharp turns out to be a gun.
The justification is that Suns valued Sharp highly and had picks currency due to assistance which other teams were well aware of. They were planning to take him with pick 15. Not only Suns valued Sharp. On Foxtel broadcast Ablett, WA talent-path manager called Sharp a steal and had him in top 10, comparing him to Gaff, Smith. Pick 11 will be pick 14-15 next year.

So either you don't do a deal (Cats would not agree to a deal not involving pick 11) and maybe next year you use it on some mature talent trade (if someone would want to come), or trade for future pick or hoping drafting someone good or use it now on a player you want and complement your team. Pretty easy decision for me in Suns situation. Load the team with top talent now on top of the last year and develop them together. Basically, AFL picks assistance allowed Suns to get Anderson, Flanders and Sharp this year plus free Budarick and Rosas.

Next year Suns will still have their own pick (1-6) and free Davies (probably top ten pick) if pre-sign option will be still there as assistance package will be reviewed.

Lions gave up 2nd round pick to move one spot to get Robertson. Would you say Lions wasted 2nd round pick? I don't think so. You want a specific player you pay up.

Yes, Suns offered in Martin failed trade Pick 11 as an alternative to pick 15.

Last edited:

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions gave up 2nd round pick to move one spot to get Robertson. Would you say Lions wasted 2nd round pick? I don't think so. You want a specific player you pay up.
There's paying up and there's getting ripped off. Port were taking calls from several clubs including Adelaide and Essendon for that pick (which Brisbane had positioned themselves for originally until the concession pick came in, but that's by the by). It was a seller's market, especially since it was for one particular pick, whereas there were multiple clubs that could be dealt with to select Sharp. I'd also say there's a difference between selling off a pick that will be in the 40s and a pick that will be around 15.

Next year Suns will still have their own pick (1-6) and free Davies (probably top ten pick) if pre-sign option will be still there as assistance package will be reviewed.
That's excellent. And perhaps they could have had that plus a mature player also.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Meh peasants!! Keep playing with your pesos. We’ve got a fistful of dollars that need spending now!! :p ;) :cool::moustache:

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
I'll be gone for about 2 months in south america going completely off the grid style :sweatsmile:. Hopefully when I get back all the guys have got some muscle about em
Hope you and 17er have a fantastic time!

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

It was a hefty price to pay, I’m just surprised we didn’t throw in our first next year as well

there is little doubt we need to improve and we need to do it now so I think you will find that is why Suns fans are ok with the deal. I also suspect that there will be a bigname Recuitment coming in next year that may of cost us our first and pick 11, if that is the case then this can no longer be requested.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
My take of Jeremy Sharp, if you got concession card you use it, GCS fans should not care about outside noise but can vent it out in off topic thread . If you eligible to get concession you don't care about those that are not eligible and looking from the outside. Brisbane and Eagles are the club that get.
Pick 19 for GCS multiple second round pick (Eagles)
PICK 15 FOR GCS 19 and pick 22. ( Brisbane). Yet complain about Geelong,
Compare it to a players GCS want pick 27 sharp and give away pick 11 to Geelong. Look a lot better.

AFL BLOCK Eagles to move up because they don't have first and second Rd pick this year.
Rule : keep first round, allow to trade 2nd, 3rd and fourth Rd pick out.
Keep your 2nd 3rd and fourth Rd, allow to trade first round pick out for that particular year.
Eagles also don't have future 1st Rd. So they only allow to trade future 2nd, 3rd and 4th Rd to move up.

Old Ablett--GCS get pick 19
Ah chee -GCS get future 2nd and lost future 4th.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Meh peasants!! Keep playing with your pesos. We’ve got a fistful of dollars that need spending now!! :p ;) :cool::moustache:

tenor.gif

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
There's no guarantee a running outside type like Sharp would have been available next year anyway. Cameron and Dew repeatedly said during the year we need that type of player and using concessions from the AFL we were able to get that type now.
Add that he's over the moon to come to us, the family support us and he's a great kid then it's a no brainer.
To secure Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, Sharp and Buderick in one draft is an absolute dream. That is some serious midfield talent.
Add another high pick, Davies and free agency next year then who cares if we pay overs at the moment.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back