News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

According to Rucci he’s been on leave.

Got to laugh at Rucci trying to build a case for experience and Harper. Such a s**t stirrer, where did Davies come from.

He also suggested Vozzo to replace KT as CEO.
Does Rooch still exist in the media...

Just had a horrible thought. Any chance of our club thinking that Nigel could do it?😬
Lol, Nigel wants a cushy job...

Doubt we would want to replace 1 arrogant person with another.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We should make an announcement then if that is the case. Not just keep quiet on it hoping everyone will forget that we haven't announced anything yet.

He’s already said he’s filling in when required. He hasn’t been appointed to the role, we’re going without one until we appoint the actual person.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just wonder if SOS actually is on our list...The Age reporting he will leave in the next couple of weeks

It’s obviously Phil for a year

I like how despite all your (justifiable) cynicism you still buy the magic beans EC.

There's no big fish reveal coming in a year mate.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder what we actually want the person in the footy manager roles job description to be. I think this was part of the review finding/recommendation too

one comment in the findings released was about restructuring the department as there were too many overlapping roles (different wording but to that effect)

I think the footy manager time was a huge part of that. You don’t need a footy manager with a hands on role in fitness dept. You appoint guys in that department to do their job and report to the footy manager. Likewise with list management and recruiting.

This imo is why we can function ok now without a footy manager. There isn't that head to report to and oversee everything and generate the long term vision as much, but the guys actually putting in these processes/planning are still there and they just have a interim reporting line (Harper probably doing more the administrative stuff, someone like Roo probably filling some of the reporting lines void)

This is where someone like Kelly with more footy administrative experience, or Vozzo would be more likely to be the type we are after rather than our history of the footy manager having a hands on active role as the head of one of the departments they would usually oversee (burton in fitness, Noble in List management)

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I wonder what we actually want the person in the footy manager roles job description to be. I think this was part of the review finding/recommendation too

one comment in the findings released was about restructuring the department as there were too many overlapping roles (different wording but to that effect)

I think the footy manager time was a huge part of that. You don’t need a footy manager with a hands on role in fitness dept. You appoint guys in that department to do their job and report to the footy manager. Likewise with list management and recruiting.

This imo is why we can function ok now without a footy manager. There isn't that head to report to and oversee everything and generate the long term vision as much, but the guys actually putting in these processes/planning are still there and they just have a interim reporting line (Harper probably doing more the administrative stuff, someone like Roo probably filling some of the reporting lines void)

This is where someone like Kelly with more footy administrative experience, or Vozzo would be more likely to be the type we are after rather than our history of the footy manager having a hands on active role as the head of one of the departments they would usually oversee (burton in fitness, Noble in List management)
Yet one part of the role ( as I see it) is to evaluate the performance of those people and to look to replace them 3-6 months out rather than the last week of September

If Harper stays in the role for 12 months there will be minimal change in the coaching structure

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yet one part of the role ( as I see it) is to evaluate the performance of those people and to look to replace them 3-6 months out rather than the last week of September

If Harper stays in the role for 12 months there will be minimal change in the coaching structure
I agree but also if the best candidate for the next 5 years has to wait until the end of next season then that may just have to happen.

In those cases I think there's a bit of unofficial input from the incoming despite them not being at the club officially yet.

Its more just that I don't think we have had the role defined properly in the past. If the focus was on someone who could properly evaluate performance of coaches, fitness programs, list management and define the direction of the club as well as play a role in actively headhunting potential football department staff Burton wouldn't have got a look in. Instead the last 2 (cant remember before that) we have just appointed someone who is head of 1 area within the football department to be tiltled the football manager.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
why would Vozzo move here for a sideways role at a lesser club?
Same role, home town. For people from outside of Perth it can be tough to relocate there long-term, because you're a LONG way from any other city that may be important to you.

I'd transfer for the same level role in Adelaide.

Freshj

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
why would Vozzo move here for a sideways role at a lesser club?

No idea. Doesn't really make sense to me either, unless there is some sort of plan for him to take over from Fagan in a couple of years? I'm just passing on what I was told from someone who should have a fair idea of what's going on. See what happens.

Back