No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I’ve had enough of Gold Coast. What is the point of them?
Pick 27 this year for Pick 11 and 60-something next year?

Stop the compensation picks now. They've already pissed into the wind one of the free picks the AFL gave them.

You can't help this lot, they just have NFI.

Pick 27 this year for Pick 11 and 60-something next year?

Stop the compensation picks now. They've already pissed into the wind one of the free picks the AFL gave them.

You can't help this lot, they just have NFI.
They should be using them to bring in GOOD and established players. Not overrated fringe players (Ablett aside). Though their pick was a good one, they overpaid a fair bit. Geelong will be laughing. That's 3 first round picks next season now?

I think its a little overplayed how useless next years picks are going to be. You look at GWS trading three first round picks to get ahead of the Green bid, Fremantle traded to get ahead of the Henry bid. There is going to be a number of teams next year in the same situation and a good opportunity to get value back in trades.

In all Gold Coast had a pretty good draft/trade period. It would be hard to lose with the assistance package they were given to be fair. But they got four really good kids that they like and seem ready to go straight away and added some decent older talent in Greenwood and Ellis who should provide some leadership and a bit of quality.

Really annoyed that they gave up a good asset to Geelong for seemingly peanuts and annoyed that they knocked back a future second and future third (two decent enough picks) for Martin to let him leave to the club he wanted for nothing in return. Wish they would stop shooting themselves in the foot.

And please no one give me the ‘its good the Suns sent out a message that they wouldn’t be pushed over” spiel. They rejected a decent quality return for nothing. I’d be furious if the Bulldogs did something like that. I’d be shocked if any players or player managers saw it as a power move by the Suns either.

I think its a little overplayed how useless next years picks are going to be. You look at GWS trading three first round picks to get ahead of the Green bid, Fremantle traded to get ahead of the Henry bid. There is going to be a number of teams next year in the same situation and a good opportunity to get value back in trades.

In all Gold Coast had a pretty good draft/trade period. It would be hard to lose with the assistance package they were given to be fair. But they got four really good kids that they like and seem ready to go straight away and added some decent older talent in Greenwood and Ellis who should provide some leadership and a bit of quality.

Really annoyed that they gave up a good asset to Geelong for seemingly peanuts and annoyed that they knocked back a future second and future third (two decent enough picks) for Martin to let him leave to the club he wanted for nothing in return. Wish they would stop shooting themselves in the foot.

And please no one give me the ‘its good the Suns sent out a message that they wouldn’t be pushed over” spiel. They rejected a decent quality return for nothing. I’d be furious if the Bulldogs did something like that. I’d be shocked if any players or player managers saw it as a power move by the Suns either.

Martin will be paid as one of the top players at Carlton. GC asked for a pick upgrade....
Carlton low balled them so badly, other teams have noted and will offer Carlton similar when a player leaves Carlton. Future second and third was always a joke offer, way unders.

Was it that far under?

Probably worth a late first, somewhere between 15-20 in an open market. But out of contract with the threat of the PSD? An early second and early third doesn't seem that far unders. Definitely unders but not laughable.

We don’t know IF they will be early round picks or mid round picks. Carlton might be finally on the way up. Carlton could have offered picks this year OR taken the pick swap GC proposed, which was worth less in points but had a bigger practical impact.

Adding a second and a third together is great IF you need points. IF you don’t need points, it’s still a second and a third, which GC might not even use.

We don’t know IF they will be early round picks or mid round picks. Carlton might be finally on the way up. Carlton could have offered picks this year OR taken the pick swap GC proposed, which was worth less in points but had a bigger practical impact.

Adding a second and a third together is great IF you need points. IF you don’t need points, it’s still a second and a third, which GC might not even use.

But why should they? The onus wasn't on Carlton to overpay to make sure they got Martin. Wasn't like the Papley deal where he stays if the deal isn't done. It'd be like us downgrading pick 13 to get the Keath deal done. It would've had a bigger practical impact for Adelaide but wouldn't make sense for us when we had other assets to give away.

Gold Coast had a player who they knew they were going to lose for nothing if they didn't trade him and decided that was the way they were going to go. It would've been idiotic if Adelaide had have done it with Keath as well but they came to their senses and got a return for a departing player even if it wasn't what they were after.

This sucks though I can see both points of view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sucks though I can see both points of view

Emmett Dunne the former Footscray big man!

Brendan Gale is touted as the next AFL CEO. I wonder if he has an eye on shifting the GC license to his home state Tassie.
Norf will head souf IMO.

The AFL want a home QLD & NSW home game in the northern states each week. Can't see GC moving, can see the AFL stacking.the deck until they get a flag.

Freo must be dirty. Only non Vic club to not have a flag AND/OR not have the AFL stacking the deck for it

Norf will head souf IMO.

The AFL want a home QLD & NSW home game in the northern states each week. Can't see GC moving, can see the AFL stacking.the deck until they get a flag.

Freo must be dirty. Only non Vic club to not have a flag AND/OR not have the AFL stacking the deck for it

I think we should stop calling them Norf. It’s really disrespectful and doesn’t encompass the direction of the club. I always disliked it as a put down.

Let’s call them Souf instead.

SOS had to go. You can’t list manage your kids, he should have resigned rather than being let go.

I do love how they are ‘set up for success’.... nothing is guaranteed until it happens and it ain’t happening there at the moment.
Given Jack has been on the list since 2015 (and Ben since last year), it's a little curious that this was suddenly the deciding factor in his release, rather than the reported fall out with the new boss.

Given Jack has been on the list since 2015 (and Ben since last year), it's a little curious that this was suddenly the deciding factor in his release, rather than the reported fall out with the new boss.
Exactly. The conflict of interest has been there for many years and yet Carlton didn't have a problem with it until now.

SOS had to go. You can’t list manage your kids, he should have resigned rather than being let go.

I do love how they are ‘set up for success’.... nothing is guaranteed until it happens and it ain’t happening there at the moment.
I liked the recent quote from their president that Silvagni has overseen their "first list rebuild". Conveniently forgetting all their other attempted rebuilds over the past couple of decades.

Exactly. The conflict of interest has been there for many years and yet Carlton didn't have a problem with it until now.

I likedsdune the recent quote from their president that Silvagni has overseen their "first list rebuild". Conveniently forgetting all their other attempted rebuilds over the past couple of dcades.

I love that they assume they have
succeeded. No evidence that they have, yet.

I love that they assume they have
succeeded. No evidence that they have, yet.
They got a bit of a dead-cat-bounce effect by removing Bolton and bringing in a new face to the senior coaching role. I am not convinced that either the new coach or the current Carlton list is as good some in the media seem to think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back