Racing December Daily Punt: Pikey stole my Christmas money

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much made ground there at Bunbury at all.

If it's anything to go by Ginger Mack is probably not the worst 100:1 shot for the week. Half to Street Bandit who was not far off joining the infamous "26 start maidens to eventually place in black type" club. It's a nice style of horse that's shown not one iota of ticker in any race yet and priced as such. Trials OK though.

The half to Gatting i have on top but really has put together a nice string of 1000m runs and been very poor at any further like the 1200 today. Jakestar seems underpriced but if take up the running it's the default horse,just paying too much of a premium there. Enchanted falls trialled worse than GM but still respectable price.

Not much made ground there at Bunbury at all.

If it's anything to go by Ginger Mack is probably not the worst 100:1 shot for the week. Half to Street Bandit who was not far off joining the infamous "26 start maidens to eventually place in black type" club. It's a nice style of horse that's shown not one iota of ticker in any race yet and priced as such. Trials OK though.

The half to Gatting i have on top but really has put together a nice string of 1000m runs and been very poor at any further like the 1200 today. Jakestar seems underpriced but if take up the running it's the default horse,just paying too much of a premium there. Enchanted falls trialled worse than GM but still respectable price.

Would have liked an easier tempo but at the turn I genuinely thought it was going right past the fave Jakestar there or at least hold a place. Both just ground to the line off the fairly strong tempo. Obstination fails to run out the 1200 with every single yet again.

My KT market post barrier draw.

View attachment 788698

Biggest winners BOD and TQ, RP the obviously loser - i had BOD and RP closer pre-draw. Simple thoughts behind this - Railway quinella clearly coming in with the best formline with huge + to BOD with the weight turnaround. TQ the best 3yo, happy to lay everything to oblivion out of the WA Guineas which I think is an awful form race.
How do you have Tuscan Queen longer priced than Regal Power? Or do you know better than Pike?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is up with the potential Autumn program of Alligator Blood?
Magic Millions, Guineas, ASM.

That's a long time to have a young horse up and peaking given it ran a trial last week.

What is up with the potential Autumn program of Alligator Blood?
Magic Millions, Guineas, ASM.

That's a long time to have a young horse up and peaking given it ran a trial last week.

If they are the only 3 races it is extremely doable for any half decent trainer.

How do you have Tuscan Queen longer priced than Regal Power? Or do you know better than Pike?

I think it's a no-brainer. Tuscan Queen is favourite based on the Arcadia Queen formline / profile, in a much weaker year for WA 3yos.

Arcadia Queen was a lot more forward at the same point last year, and an absolute beast.

Pike doesn't necessarily get his pick either, it could be where the connections pointed him.

True.

I was thinking they'd have a lead up race before the Guineas and possibly the MM.

That's probably why I'm not a trainer

Yeah if they are going to have a couple of Queensland lead ups and a couple of melbourne lead ups pre-Guineas then I agree - he will be absolutely cooked

I think it's a no-brainer. Tuscan Queen is favourite based on the Arcadia Queen formline / profile, in a much weaker year for WA 3yos.

Arcadia Queen was a lot more forward at the same point last year, and an absolute beast.

Pike doesn't necessarily get his pick either, it could be where the connections pointed him.

Pike got his pick and it was completely up to him. Superstorm wasn't in the conversation at that stage when riders were locked in 10 days ago, he wasn't even getting a start as a 64 rater but he would have been the third stringer.

There's no point comparing AQ to anything she won by 5L going away, price that market and shes a dead set moral post race. Realistically we playing with small margins this year. It's a very compact field the rank outsider was beat 0.5L by Regal Power in the railway TQ is miles behind AQ but so was every other older horse last year and TQ meets a weaker field this year. The price is because the 3yo's are too advantaged in this race at WFA they have won 4 of 9 going for 50% strikerate this decade and drawn the perfect gate. I don't have her $3.30 or anything but she's deserved fave or deserved to be right at the pointy end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back