Racing RACING FUTURES

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My two favourite races for pre post betting are the Australian Guineas and the Thousand Guineas. The reason is that all the good 3yos are nommed and in the market, but half of them won’t even be aimed at the race, competeing as they do with the Randwick Guineas and the Flight.

Sure enough, looking at the Oz Guineas market and I’m pretty confident a stack of those high up won’t be there. Super Seth at 9s and Heart of Puissance at 15s almost certainly will.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Te Akau Shark surely Australasia's best miler. Was surprised to see him on 5th line or so in some of the WFA races.

Just blurting out other things here, No Apology is clear on top selection for WA derby at this point for me, wish they had a market up on it as could be 40:1+ with a lonely 1000m win next to it's name from 4 goes.

frantelle

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Te Akau Shark surely Australasia's best miler. Was surprised to see him on 5th line or so in some of the WFA races.

Just blurting out other things here, No Apology is clear on top selection for WA derby at this point for me, wish they had a market up on it as could be 40:1+ with a lonely 1000m win next to it's name from 4 goes.
When do the mkts generally open?!

My two favourite races for pre post betting are the Australian Guineas and the Thousand Guineas. The reason is that all the good 3yos are nommed and in the market, but half of them won’t even be aimed at the race, competeing as they do with the Randwick Guineas and the Flight.

Sure enough, looking at the Oz Guineas market and I’m pretty confident a stack of those high up won’t be there. Super Seth at 9s and Heart of Puissance at 15s almost certainly will.

They should build a statute of anyone that has managed to find the winners of these antepost over the last decade - unless by antepost we are talking the day before they accept the final field.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They should build a statute of anyone that has managed to find the winners of these antepost over the last decade - unless by antepost we are talking the day before they accept the final field.

Off top of my head Shamus Award only obvious one. Would have got a better price raceday surely.

At least you can trust in NZ at Rosehill

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really? The last four haven’t exactly been hard to find. Maybe not this early but certainly very early next season. The point remains- all the Sydney horses in the market are unlikely to run here. Whittles away some of those at the top of the market.

Back