Opinion Which players are you looking forward to watching play in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

De Goey
Papley
Ben King
Whitfield
Heeney
Bont
Zurhaar
Rayner
Fritsch
McKay

Cripps (3 kg lighter)
Docherty (my supercoach side will be greatful)
Walsh (AA in his second year?)

that’s enough of my time (I could easily name 6-7 more but I’ll leave it alone)

LDU (3rd year and should be ready to take on a substantial midfield role)
Kelly (How will he cope with the tag and the travel)
Ellis (Is it Richmond game plan or is it the individuals - I think Ellis will be irrelevant at GC)
Pickett (can he keep a spot - was it a one 2m blind turn)
Neale (How will he go with a permanent tag)
Rowell (can he have the same impact as Walsh)
Rozee (is the hype still there)
Buddy (can he get through his contract - can he play a full season)
Stephenson (will he ever return to the pre gambling condition or does he need that extra motivation)
Stack for mine... does every part of tge game better than Sam walsh... didnt pickett get a norm smith vote?

Must have done more than a blind turn!

Every part of the game? You’re kidding yourself.

No.. stack is a better kick, mark, tackler, decision maker., goal kicker, toughness... he just didnt get to play midfieid all year to accumulate numbers.
He kicking % is much better..best first year player ibhave seen since cyril and joel.

You have your Carlton blinkers on.

No.. stack is a better kick, mark, tackler, decision maker., goal kicker, toughness... he just didnt get to play midfieid all year to accumulate numbers.
He kicking % is much better..best first year player ibhave seen since cyril and joel.

You have your Carlton blinkers on.
Lol. So does everyone else but you does then I reckon. Walsh is the best first year player since Judd. Some people even think he’s tracking better. He was top 3 (IN THE ENTIRE AFL) for distance covered. He was running 16 km a game. Wait till 2020 he will be number one off a full preseason. Don’t reply anymore you’re making a fool of yourself.

Nat Fyfe - Best player in the game and always my favourite to watch

Bailey Smith - Just a matter of time until he is a superstar. Hope to see him get more midfield time this year

Tom Mitchell - obvious one just to see how he returns from injury

Jonathan Patton - Looks to be in ripping shape and dropped a ton of weight. Going to be an exciting duo with Mitch Lewis and Patton roaming the forward line.

Very much looking forward to seeing Titch back. Salivating over watching Mitch Lewis develop further and of the newbies, definitely can’t wait to see what Finn can do.

Lol. So does everyone else but you does then I reckon. Walsh is the best first year player since Judd. Some people even think he’s tracking better. He was top 3 (IN THE ENTIRE AFL) for distance covered. He was running 16 km a game. Wait till 2020 he will be number one off a full preseason. Don’t reply anymore you’re making a fool of yourself.

So of the things I outlined, which one specifically is Walsh superior to stack in? WOW-he can run! helps when the side you are in is 1/11 and you play on the ball the entire time...please let me know all the areas he is superior to Stack and please don;t ignore the question

So of the things I outlined, which one specifically is Walsh superior to stack in? WOW-he can run! helps when the side you are in is 1/11 and you play on the ball the entire time...please let me know all the areas he is superior to Stack and please don;t ignore the question
Better ball winner, clearance player, more tackles, more meters gained. So basically a better midfielder...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t trade Walsh for Dangerfield. Does that answer your question.

Better ball winner, clearance player, more tackles, more meters gained. So basically a better midfielder...
One plays on ball the other doesnt ffs.... i typed it slowly for you. One is therefore involved in a lot more clearances. He played virtually every minute in the midfield.

So you are therefore conceding all the other aspects of the game i mentioned? Stack superior kick, mark, tackler, decision maker, speed, goalkicking.. freak

I note with interest you didnt mention sam “ up and down the mineshaft” Walsh kicking efficiency?

Last edited:
Lions
Birchall
McStay - Can he have a Darling breakout and/or
Rayner - can he develop some casboult sticky mits
CEY
Ah Chee
Cameron

Others
Cripps
Martin

Injury returns
Rankine
Patton
Mitchell

Bennell
Rioli

One plays on ball the other doesnt ffs.... i typed it slowly for you. One is therefore involved in a lot more clearances. He played virtually every minute in the midfield.

So you are therefore conceding all the other aspects of the game i mentioned? Stack superior kick, mark, tackler, decision maker, speed, goalkicking.. freak

I note with interest you didnt mention sam “ up and down the mineshaft” Walsh kicking efficiency?
Well as Walsh spends most of the game in the midfield he is expected to have lower disposal efficiency... Walsh averages more tackles so i am not going to concede that. Yes Stack has superior speed but Walsh has a superior tank.

They are very different players with very different strengths. I am only arguing the fact that you think Stack is better at everything, that is just not true or even close to being true.

Well as Walsh spends most of the game in the midfield he is expected to have lower disposal efficiency... Walsh averages more tackles so i am not going to concede that. Yes Stack has superior speed but Walsh has a superior tank.

They are very different players with very different strengths. I am only arguing the fact that you think Stack is better at everything, that is just not true or even close to being true.

So yiu forgot about marking, toughness , goalkicking and kicking( say without pressure)... stack far superior.

Walsh a nice dime a dozen accumulating midfielder who every team has .. refer crouch brothers.. stack a matchwinner... the guy also had a limited preseason.

Nick Larkey and Cameron Zurhaar. Both had breakout years last season, Zurhaar got 3 brownlow votes on two separate occasions and once Larkey was given a run after Brad Scott got the arse, he showed himself to be a really strong and reliable key forward. Ben Brown's form picked up in the second half of the year because teams couldn't put 3 defenders on him anymore and he did some really impressive things himself. With North's midfield hopefully continuing to improve, these guys could both have huge seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back