Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Pike got his pick and it was completely up to him. Superstorm wasn't in the conversation at that stage when riders were locked in 10 days ago, he wasn't even getting a start as a 64 rater but he would have been the third stringer.

There's no point comparing AQ to anything she won by 5L going away, price that market and shes a dead set moral post race. Realistically we playing with small margins this year. It's a very compact field the rank outsider was beat 0.5L by Regal Power in the railway TQ is miles behind AQ but so was every other older horse last year and TQ meets a weaker field this year. The price is because the 3yo's are too advantaged in this race at WFA they have won 4 of 9 going for 50% strikerate this decade and drawn the perfect gate. I don't have her $3.30 or anything but she's deserved fave or deserved to be right at the pointy end.

I certainly don't disagree with the fact that on profile, yeah, she can win. But it's the very same profile that makes me wonder if people are just jumping to conclusions. She's certainly in the mix, cannot dispute that, but I don't want $2.40 or whatever she is.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Is the Randwick meeting tomorrow night an attempt to attract work Xmas parties?

Don't forget to throw in the Moe twilight meeting next Friday night for the same purpose.

Of which I'm attending.

For my work Xmas party.

Probably get bigger fields than Randwick too.

;)

Don't forget to throw in the Moe twilight meeting next Friday night for the same purpose.

Of which I'm attending.

For my work Xmas party.

Probably get bigger fields than Randwick too.

;)

Over/under kids left in dams by the end of the night?

#toosoon

Is the Randwick meeting tomorrow night an attempt to attract work Xmas parties?

Having our XMas party there

Won’t be pretty

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I certainly don't disagree with the fact that on profile, yeah, she can win. But it's the very same profile that makes me wonder if people are just jumping to conclusions. She's certainly in the mix, cannot dispute that, but I don't want $2.40 or whatever she is.

She's unders, probably big unders but just think people are throwing a heap of upside at these 3yo's which can be normal. They aren't backing them because hey AQ won last year. Happens in many a WFA across the country, 3yo's start short prices and can either run last tailed off cracked under strong tempo's or improve to the level like Loving Gaby did on Cox Plate weekend. The 3yo's who run races like AQ and TQ who on exposed form keep going through the gears and doing their fastest work late are incredibly hard to find a reliable mark for. I have spent a good 3 days thinking where I think their expected level will be this weekend and i have NFI still where to put SS or TQ. All i can safely say is I think TQ is much more likely this weekend due to her tractability and general non-giraffe style race pattern but SS could be the better horse like Regal Power this time last year going round 100:1 and probably admiring the scenery more than focusing on racing. I'm reasonably confident that on a 7 day backup Kay Cee found close to her top LST or unlikely to improve the required amount and i'd find it very hard to have the other 2 well exposed geldings jumping out of the ground.

Also just on Kay Cee, those trying to use her as a linear guide for Boys v Girls, she seemed to appreciate the 7 day backup and also much more smooth run in transit. I think she underperformed in the Champ Fillies and doesn't serve as a clear level.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have to admit I enjoy watching Lindsey Smith triallers. Lido Beach a fading leader but Hall didn't move. Trickle of early money for talented horse. Tear away leader makes the race a mess but horse has performed with a sit, hopefully they do here from 8.

It’s a pity Almond Eye is out of the HK 2000m race. Looks pretty thin now.

The HK mile looks a great betting race especially if B Generation is put up at a silly price. Is clearly down a length or 2 this campaign and the Japanese visitor Indy Champ has very strong form.

Hopefully better spectacles than last year when everything was run at a farcically slow speed.

Yeah the Cup looks awful - can't believe Furore is shorter than Magic Wand - I know the locals have a huge home ground advantage but jeez I'd have Magic Wand a furlong better horse than Furore.

Indy Champ looks the bet of the day at $3+ in the mile. Biggest risk is if they just let BG walk in front.

Weakest group of Europeans I can remember coming out for the Vase - looks certain to go to an Asian horse.

Not sure who is bigger poi poi in the sprint - Aethero or In Her Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back