TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Hoping this thread doesn't get too much action! But I am trying to gather a rough list of who is currently injured? Probably only looking for those who are in doubt for round 1.
Currently only can think of Garcia and Naughton (???) is there any others?

Hoping this thread doesn't get too much action! But I am trying to gather a rough list of who is currently injured? Probably only looking for those who are in doubt for round 1.
Currently only can think of Garcia and Naughton (???) is there any others?
Scared me when I saw this had been created.

Doubt Naughton will be in doubt for round one. Keath is more chance to miss the Pies game and I doubt even he will miss it.
Been mentioned in an article a while back Baz is on a modified program along with Libba until Christmas.
Keath and Naughty also on limited programs atm but think the rest of the squad is mostly fit.

Doubt Naughton will be in doubt for round one. Keath is more chance to miss the Pies game and I doubt even he will miss it.
Been mentioned in an article a while back Baz is on a modified program along with Libba until Christmas.
Keath and Naughty also on limited programs atm but think the rest of the squad is mostly fit.

Modified Programs until New Year?
Naughton
Keath
Baz
Libba
Hunter

Longer Term:
Duryea?

From a friend's picture from the social night, Bailey Smith has a compression sleeve on his arm. Not sure if it's related to his modified program.

Injury update

Wallis back to full training
Hunter training but no high level contact until mid-Jan
Duryea in rehab, due to start running in January and build up to football drills in Feb
Naughton will be in full training in Jan
Libba back to training by end of Jan
Keath running and some football drills, full drills by mid-Jan

Sounds like so far only Duryea will be missing a big chunk of preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dickson mentioned Naughton wasn't due to return to full training for 'a couple of weeks'. Assuming he does return in February, he's still looking unlikely for the early period of the year. He's such an important player so I hope we're taking our time with him. Bruce will be able to cover his role in the first few rounds with Schache hopefully showing more of a contested side to his game in support. Fingers crossed Naughton is able to transition smoothly back into the side and quickly begin building chemistry with Bruce and Schach!

Dickson mentioned Naughton wasn't due to return to full training for 'a couple of weeks'. Assuming he does return in February, he's still looking unlikely for the early period of the year. He's such an important player so I hope we're taking our time with him. Bruce will be able to cover his role in the first few rounds with Schache hopefully showing more of a contested side to his game in support. Fingers crossed Naughton is able to transition smoothly back into the side and quickly begin building chemistry with Bruce and Schach!

Scratch that, he's back baby! https://www.afl.com.au/news/367588/high-flying-dog-on-track-for-round-one-after-knee-injury

Based on the recent article, it seems out injury list currently looks like:

Duryea: Groin - Returning to football drills mid Feb.
Libba: Knee - Returning to main training mid Feb (hopefully)
Garcia: ACL - Mid-late season

Everyone else seems on track to be ready for round 1.

Disappointing about Duryea, was hoping he'd be in full training pretty soon. The other two were expected

Disappointing about Duryea, was hoping he'd be in full training pretty soon. The other two were expected
Club taking a long term plan, getting him right and sacrificing early rounds in the hope he peaks late in season. Its one position we can cover easily enough, outside his leadership and experience.

Mark Stevens

@Stevo7AFL

Luke Beveridge on Tom Liberatore: “Libba’s a way off. He’s had some surgery, a little bit left-field where he has been patched up in that knee ... it’s going to be a challenge for him to get into the 22 Round 1.” VFL start looming. Libba managing cartilage issue.
@7NewsMelbourne
6:36 PM · Jan 27, 2020·Twitter for iPad

Vandermeer has something too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back