Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
I think key at evenings are either live sport or going with the nostalgia theme (old sporting legends, callers' memories of a classic event with old commentary mixed in).

Late evening (after 10) into overnights should turn to a World Sport focus chatting with guests from Europe and North America.

Ricko1975

Draftee
Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Garry and Tim's show has really developed into a good morning show, has a bit of everything, and what i like is that they dont care if they have an alternate view, they are strong enough to challenge and happy to be challenged, also i love taht they call out some texters that are overly negative. I enjoy it for the most part,Radio and media is a classic case of:
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
i do too. with the summer of golf starting here, it deserves coverage.

i had a thought last night driving around.....i think sen suffers from being on air live all day with "not that much sport" to talk about. Once they're done talking cricket, and some NBL basketball, there's nothing they can talk about with authority other than footy. and footy wise there's nothing much.....oh yeah let's interview a coach who will provide nothing of real substance leading into.....christmas.

could it be worth tabling that say breakfast/whately/drive are live and arvos is perhaps replays of stuff? night time, coverage of live sport?

It's one of the things I enjoyed about the 'old' SEN, it wasn't all sport all day. Even during the busiest footy periods you would still find the odd hour here or there on Harf's show, with Marko and Ox, and definitely with Finey, that was dedicated to something not sport related. The Run Home had Leigh Patch, Jason Cunningham, Julie Hancock et al for example all do a 30 min segment. It was a nice break.

Hutchy's philosophy was to make it a sport-only station, hence the advent of the extra hours and hours of live sport (which are great if you enjoy that). Unfortunately when you have boring hosts who have limited knowledge outside of their chosen sport, and when you offer no budget to get good quality guests on - apart from Gerard's show - you're left with a whole lot of vanilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
On another note, Gerard was going on about Australia's record in all cricket games this calendar year, which was something like 73% or whatever it is.

Gerard was going on about how that record is a "source of admiration and pride".

Gerard, mate. Get you hand off it! All games including the T20s against Pakistan and the pre-WC games against them. Geez, how much are CA paying him? I was in disbelief with his embellishment.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heard SEN discards Connolly and Kevin Hillier hosting the other day, I think on 1278...bit like an exceedingly dreary Statler & Waldorf

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Current host referring to Mel Jones as "Royalty of Australian cricket".

5 games, 1 ton, 35.85 avg.

Legend.
Sam Hargraves , what a tosser he is , all about him. Said the other day like Heverin did that he's a cricket tragic , why not just say I love my cricket . It's like their trying to justify themselves talking about the game.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Most of the interviews at this time of the year involve asking them on how the season went and what's planned for the Christmas break, ground breaking radio. Bring back Stephen J Peak for some off-season summer banter with Ripper Rita. Other than cricket not much on in terms of material unless for the odd basketball or soccer if you're into that.
Rita belongs in a dumpster. She should never go beyond the backwaters of Sky News

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Current host referring to Mel Jones as "Royalty of Australian cricket".

5 Tests, 1 ton, 35.85 avg.

61 odi, 4 50s, 21.41 avg.

Legend.

There wasn’t as much women’s cricket played back in Mel’s day in fairness to her, test matches were rare and still are even now. Having said that it annoys me that women’s versions of popular men’s games have been elevated automatically to the same level of importance as the men’s form purely due to PC nonsense. Let them evolve naturally.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rita belongs in a dumpster. She should never go beyond the backwaters of Sky News

The best hour of radio was Casual Fridays with Harf, Richo and Rita..

..was a great combination.

Looks like Dwayne Russell 12-3 pm will be going up against Steve Price (with Rita as one of Steve main show guests) on 3aw 12-3 pm next year , with Dennis Walter 7-midnight , moving to nights on 3aw he will be going up against Jack Heverin 7-11 pm that’s if Jack is going back to evenings on Sen next year.

Steve will probably broadcast a couple of his shows from Melbourne each week to tie into his The Project desk duties and broadcast into Sydney and Melbourne like he did with his evening show for the last 3 1/2 years

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
There wasn’t as much women’s cricket played back in Mel’s day in fairness to her, test matches were rare and still are even now. Having said that it annoys me that women’s versions of popular men’s games have been elevated automatically to the same level of importance as the men’s form purely due to PC nonsense. Let them evolve naturally.
How true this is , well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back