Player Watch Jay Rantall (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol saintly - It won't affect me as I will be gone before the worst of it comes but my boy and his kids will be and I am deeply concerned for them.

Greta is the worst possible front person for the climate change advocates - she is grating, she has a vindictive scowl and is provocative.

Anger begets anger and she is only stiffening whatever opposition remains amongst the hardliners.

Her effect upon those undecided people that I know and have talked with is entirely negative.

She needs to become part of the solution, not the vindictive little brat she portrays as.
“grating” - lol, how would you prefer the news that the planet is heating at a fast rate than observed ever before, and that it may cause the deaths of millions of people around the globe, to be delivered?

“vindictive scowl” - her scowl displays the desire to take vengeance on the world by encouraging it to stop using fossil fuels??

“provocative“ - yeah, she’s trying to strike people into action. Provocation doesn’t necessarily have the negative connotation you’ve implied. Again, world burning at the fastest rate ever observed, natural ecology dying, and millions, maybe billions, of people will die.

Why you spending so much energy trying to say that a teenage girl is the wrong face of a movement, when you agree with the movement??

Your kids will be fine. Millions of years ago our ancestors survived temperatures 5-8 degrees warmer than now. The dinosaurs survived co2 levels five time higher than now. The temperature hasnt risen for 15 years and the sea isnt rising.
So you're saying we'll be fine if we devolve into dinosaurs?

Let’s stick to Jay and his talents.

lets leave all the politics, religion, left, right, tribal warfare to their appropriate threads.

“grating” - lol, how would you prefer the news that the planet is heating at a fast rate than observed ever before, and that it may cause the deaths of millions of people around the globe, to be delivered?

“vindictive scowl” - her scowl displays the desire to take vengeance on the world by encouraging it to stop using fossil fuels??

“provocative“ - yeah, she’s trying to strike people into action. Provocation doesn’t necessarily have the negative connotation you’ve implied. Again, world burning at the fastest rate ever observed, natural ecology dying, and millions, maybe billions, of people will die.

Why you spending so much energy trying to say that a teenage girl is the wrong face of a movement, when you agree with the movement??

You could have just said ok Boomer!

He raises a reasonable point though. I’m not convinced she’s the right person to convince people of his generation (not him necessarily) that they need to be educated on climate change.

As someone with a foot in the door of both camps (I know we’re impacting the climate and also know the mass reforms required to fix that will cripple the worlds economy) the passion that this topic evokes is funny as s**t because people at the extremes completely ignore the serious consequences of the others opinion.

So you're saying we'll be fine if we devolve into dinosaurs?

Cockroaches.... or Carlton supporters.... same-same!

You could have just said ok Boomer!

He raises a reasonable point though. I’m not convinced she’s the right person to convince people of his generation (not him necessarily) that they need to be educated on climate change.

As someone with a foot in the door of both camps (I know we’re impacting the climate and also know the mass reforms required to fix that will cripple the worlds economy) the passion that this topic evokes is funny as s**t because people at the extremes completely ignore the serious consequences of the others opinion.
She chose to confront politicians every Friday to shame them into climate change long before any cameras showed up, becoming the face of a cause was thrust upon her because the voice of youth carries the weight of honesty, the way Emma Gonzales' "we call BS" speech after Parkland shooting.
But you're right in that billions of dollars can shape public opinion - the tobacco industry perfected the disinformation model, fossil fuel have run with it, the NRA gave Trump $30 million for his campaign and Turnball got dumped because he wouldn't back a taxpayer funded coal fired power station that investors wont touch.

Boring!

(the above non footy)

back to Jay Rantall.

the young man, sure has his head screwed on properly.

will have his locker next to Bear (bear might get a surprise at the high standards a Jay will set) and Bianco with Wills near by and Maynard near by.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the Crows were absolutely gutted to miss out on Rantall. They 100% had their heart set on him with pick 42.
that’s a damn shame...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They could've traded up to snag him a few picks earlier if they were desperate to get him
You make it sound really easy but in reality several clubs were trying to trade up but couldn’t get deals done, including ours. Scout on EBW said the club he works for were frantically trying to trade up to get Bianco but couldn’t. Most clubs aren’t willing to let go of picks unless you pay silly overs for them, like us swapping StKildas 2020 2nd rounder for Richmond’s 2020 2nd and a 1 pick upgrade.

Boring!

(the above non footy)

back to Jay Rantall.

the young man, sure has his head screwed on properly.

will have his locker next to Bear (bear might get a surprise at the high standards a Jay will set) and Bianco with Wills near by and Maynard near by.
The Jay has to move next year, fair??

Let’s stick to Jay and his talents.

lets leave all the politics, religion, left, right, tribal warfare to their appropriate threads.
Actually Greta Thunberg is a good analogy for Jay Rantall. Less skilled than Bianco, he's constantly in his opponent's face. It's going to take a while before he makes it into the senior side but once he does he's going to cause a lot of fights on the football field because his opponents won't know how to shake him off.

Paul Salmon
Paul Salmon was an interesting player.
he did really well at Essendon but didn’t make their team of the century.
with talent like John Coleman and Albert Thurgood would have been supreme to get into that side.

salmon did make the hawthorn team of the century. Perhaps that’s a reflection on his obvious excellent play for them and their paucity of Star ruckmen. Don Scott being the obvious but whilst he was a terrific player his leadership has long term earned him his place in the pantheo.
funny thing Scott and Leigh Matthews never spoke in the middle. They both didn’t have anything to say to each other.
worked football wise, so why spoil a good thing.

hawthorn would have some side if you looked at best of day last 50 years or so.

b. g ayres, c langford, d parkin
hb. l hodge, p knights, s burgoyne
c. s mitchell, j platten, s crawford
hf. l franklin, d brereton, g buckenara
f. j dunstall, p hudson, d jarman
r. d scott, m tuck, l matthews (c)
i. p salmon, t wallace, c rioli, r diperdomenico
c. a jeans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back