Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the beard guy?

On another note, with Gov n Barrass injured we should look at a ready made key defender or Dyson Hilder from SA who was left undrafted (not sure why, should've gone in main draft) for SSP.
They're injured now, but should both be there round 1. If they get hurt during the season Allen or Brander will be called upon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is the beard guy ?

On another note, with Gov n Barrass injured we should look at a ready made key defender or Dyson Hilder from SA who was left undrafted (not sure why, should've gone in main draft) for SSP.

download-3.jpg

Handy player is Dyson Hilder and I cant believe he didn't get picked up in the main draft let alone as a rookie.
Very self assured in the air and an extremely good intercept mark, the only knock on him is his ground ball game.
Size wise Hilder at 195 cm and 93 kg is ready to play.

Having said that, I also see this as a great opportunity for Brander and or O Allen to take up the challenge and press for selection as a KPD.

The guy with the beard is Isaya McKenzie from Central Districts.

download-5.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 789897

Handy player is Dyson Hilder and I cant believe he didn't get picked up in the main draft let alone as a rookie.
Very self assured in the air and an extremely good intercept mark, the only knock on him is his ground ball game.

Said that, I also see this as a great opportunity for Brander and or O Allen to take up the challenge and press for selection as a KPD.

View attachment 789907
Right, I didn't think Isaya had starting training as yet or Pickett, maybe it's just Pickett that hasn't.

With Hilder available and those injuries I'd do it, agree I'd have Brander as next in but Hilder as back up and if we start the season with a few kpd down we'd need him for Beagles. Just think we're over covering for Willie by getting two small fwds, plus we've got a Venners and Cameron that could cover.

Right, I didn't think Isaya had starting training as yet or Pickett, maybe it's just Pickett that hasn't.

With Hilder available and those injuries I'd do it, agree I'd have Brander as next in but Hilder as back up and if we start the season with a few kpd down we'd need him for Beagles. Just think we're over covering for Willie by getting two small fwds, plus we've got a Venners and Cameron that could cover.
Gov, barrass, Schoey, Brander, OAllen, Edwards.

That seems plenty of cover for kpd to me. Obviously gov and barrass off limited preseasons, but at least one and hopefully both are raring to go round 1. Unless Willie goes to the inactive list I would prefer a small as our SSP player to a tall. (If Willie goes to inactive we can take one of each)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 789897

Said that, I also see this as a great opportunity for Brander and or O Allen to take up the challenge and press for selection as a KPD.

View attachment 789907
Big fan of the Central Districts jumper

I'd rather swap Oscar into defense if we're lacking KPD's, considering he's done the role with aplomb before.

Free's up Brander to come in as 3rd tall alongside Darling and Kennedy.
OAllen can play anywhere but i think Brander is a much better kick.I cant understand why so few people see Brander as a defender.Hes got defender written all over him and this is the ideal time for WC to trial him.OAllen can play forward as insurance against JKs aging legs.OA has got skill,hes brave as hell and hes got party tricks.

Good to see nelson, cole, duggo up the front there...makes sense really, they need to impress
after last season?
Speaking of party tricks in a player..anyone recall Rioli going to ground in a pocket with what looked like a dropped mark, his hand appears with the ball spinning on his finger a la basketball? was that my imagination or a superbly arrogant party trick?

With Barrass out and major chance of missing the start along with McGovern, then this is the perfect time to put the effort in with Brander and give him the next 4 months to prepare for starting the season in one of the key defensive posts.

I would love to see Brander to start the season in the senior team and WHEN Barrass has come back and shown a sustain level of form at WAFL, then he comes in. His performance at the back end of 2019 would not allow him to assume he is best 22 and an automatic inclusion off a dodgy pre-season.

AI would aslo be happy picking up Hilder. At 196 he is a genuine KPD and was very unlucky not to be drafted. I sense his championship games were less than I expected.

As for Edwards, I like the possibility of him but he is yet to show he really knows how to play KPD as he grew so much in 2018/19 and he was previously more a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back