Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
1575337788413.png

Almost got the 12,000 roll-overs I was hoping for. 16,600 members in early December. Not too shabby!
I remember hitting 20k just before Chrissie one year?
It was a while ago, can’t remember the year?
May have been the year Fev come on board? (2010).
Would be a good one to crack.

Sep 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Question for our Premium 11 Game Qld members, how do you go about acquiring additional tickets to games? e.g. to take additional family members from time to time.

I know you get 2 guest tickets thrown in with the membership, but is it possible to purchase more?

Lastly, how does it work if you're allocated a permanent seat for the season?

I'm considering doing all 22 games in 2020 (a reasonably challenging feat from VIC), just want to know what's possible. Not sure 5 free GA passes with the VIC membership will cut it.

Last edited:

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Question for our Premium 11 Game Qld members, how do you go about acquiring additional tickets to games? e.g. to take additional family members from time to time.

I know you get 2 guest tickets thrown in with the membership, but is it possible to purchase more?

I'm considering doing all 23 games in 2020 (a reasonably challenging feat from VIC), just want to know what's possible. Not sure 5 free GA passes with the VIC membership will cut it.

I didn't use the free tickets last year so someone else will have to field that, but I did buy additional tickets for friends, which required calling the club to arrange. They were heavily discounted, though the club couldn't sit them next to us and because we were reserve seating we weren't able to be moved so we weren't seatsd together. With that said they were placed in the same section two rows directly behind me so not too bad.

For the permanent seat, you'll be seated there no matter whether you buy extra tickets or use the free ones. The additional tickets are placed on what's available

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I'm considering doing all 23 games in 2020 (a reasonably challenging feat from VIC), just want to know what's possible. Not sure 5 free GA passes with the VIC membership will cut it.
You ph membership and arrange tickets through them. There are usually a couple of games that they cannot be used for. They will seat your freebie as close as is practically possible. Any extra tickets can be purchased at a discounted price, also as close as is practically available. Very painless process when you ph membership.

piari

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2008
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Starting a thread on this because I couldn't see one but delete/merge if I've missed it.

There's been some update to the Lions online membership page that I can see but I have to say that it still leaves me really frustrated. I got the email today that I'd be rolling over my Lions Loyal membership offer so I went online to check on my account and payment details and while I'm at it choose members cards for next year. What I found was:

* At work when I clicked on anything other than invoices and member zone I got a page not found error. I've come home tonight and most of the pages do seem to be working.
* Why is it when you click on member zone and then member choice to choose your membership cards you get taken through a whole series of questions about who you are and what your member details are? I had already logged in at that point. I went looking for my member number and couldn't find it anywhere except finally by clicking on 'contact member HQ'. It tells me to quote my member number in any contact with member HQ and then provides me my member number in brackets so that I can quote it. Why not just pass through the member number!?
* When I go through the questions to choose my member card it asks me if I have purchased a reserved seat for the year. Well, I guess I have, I'm on a roll-over plan so I click yes. Then I get asked what seats I want. I want the same seats I get every year! I work out that I should click no to having purchased a reserved seat (or three game membership) and then I go straight into choosing my cards.
* I choose my card then it asks me 'Do you have another member on your account? Yes I do but I don't know why you're asking because you should already know that but anyway I enter my wife and children's names and choose their cards. After going through all our family it then asks 'Do you have a junior member on the account?'. What!? I just assumed my kids are members I didn't really think of them as juniors members oh no I better go back and change things but, there is no way to go back!
* Click submit. 'We're sorry, the page you requested you no longer exists' Sigh

I guess I'll call them tomorrow. They are always very helpful when I call. I have never been able to order guest tickets or do much else online. I don't know if it just me...

Anyway, card choices this year are:

Fagan
Cameron
Rich
Zorko
McCluggage
Neale
Webb and maybe less choice for juniors I'm not sure

Just an update - 2020 caps won’t come with kit - contacted club as grandkids have a definite line of approval for them every year - a email will be sent to all members when they are available with a voucher to pick them up from Lions shop

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I'm considering doing all 22 games in 2020 (a reasonably challenging feat from VIC), just want to know what's possible. Not sure 5 free GA passes with the VIC membership will cut it.
I just phone the Club and they are fantastic and try their best to get seats nearby. Worst case was a couple of rows behind me and largely irrelevant in terms of enjoying the event

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I intend to sign my partner up for a membership this week. I have successfully converted her on the back of our exciting 2019 season and she is also particularly fond of Charlie. It's been quite funny watching her turn from a completely disinterested non-follower to knowing all the the players by their first names. Hopefully 2020 will bring another exciting season as well as a premiership.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I intend to sign my partner up for a membership this week. I have successfully converted her on the back of our exciting 2019 season and she is also particularly fond of Charlie. It's been quite funny watching her turn from a completely disinterested non-follower to knowing all the the players by their first names. Hopefully 2020 will bring another exciting season as well as a premiership.

Great that you've gotten her on board!

Feels like Charlie's live wire game and on field charisma have been a big help in drawing new repeat fans over the past year.

Pns_blister

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I feel the reduction of games in Melbourne without an adjustment to pricing of memberships might hurt our Vic-based membership numbers. Which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing in the long run, as it might wake the AFL up to how poorly they have treated our Vic-based supporters in breaking the merger agreement of playing a minimum of six games per year in Melbourne. Four is an absolute joke.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
I feel the reduction of games in Melbourne without an adjustment to pricing of memberships might hurt our Vic-based membership numbers. Which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing in the long run, as it might wake the AFL up to how poorly they have treated our Vic-based supporters in breaking the merger agreement of playing a minimum of six games per year in Melbourne. Four is an absolute joke.

I’d be surprised if many, if any, VIC members don’t sign up again on the back of our 2019 effort. If we were sitting down the bottom then yep, have no doubt it would have resulted in plenty not signing up again. If anything it will impact the VIC+ membership numbers, $260 for 4 games versus $160 for 4 games with a traditional VIC membership. Granted a VIC+ membership gets entry into additional 7 MCG games in AFL members (none of the big ones like ANZAC Day, mind); but realistically not many go to another 7 games (I went to 1 additional game last season).

Went through a similar thing with my partner back in 2009. I'm just lucky that our first year dating coincided with us being reasonable for the only time in a fifteen year period.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought I was on the "roll-over" model and contacted the Club to sort out pictures on the membership cards and was advised that I wasn't recorded for the roll-over, so sorted things out on the spot. Might be worth checking if you don't see the money come out of your accounts!

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought I was on the "roll-over" model and contacted the Club to sort out pictures on the membership cards and was advised that I wasn't recorded for the roll-over, so sorted things out on the spot. Might be worth checking if you don't see the money come out of your accounts!
Yes that was my minor reason for contacting them.
What happened to me was i had earlier contacted them to take off the $40 September Club part of membership.
This may have somehow dropped the Loyal Lion part, or they just missed rechecking that part of membership at that time.

All fixed up and paid on the spot so no problems.
What prompted me to check was a couple of reminders via text & e-mail to "renew by Fri Dec 6 to secure your same seat"

Back