List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Put together a highlight vid of Marra. Mostly of his marking as it's his biggest strength.

Fantastic. This kid is going to be anything. He is an Essendon supporter. Those bloody Bombers will be absolutely infuriated when he lands with us. The schadenfreude will be wonderful.

Put together a highlight vid of Marra. Mostly of his marking as it's his biggest strength.

If you don't get excited about this kid...you no longer have a pulse. What a talent!

What kind of player is Raak? Fwd, def? Kpp?
Appears his best position is playing third tall in defense

Reckon this year in under 18s he will rotate from defense to Midfield though

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My understanding with Raak was that he'd played well as a mid/utility in earlier junior years but missed the first half of last year with injury, so played as deep/intercept defender most of last year. Did well enough to make Vic metro U17 team. He's currently 190 cm.

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fantastic. This kid is going to be anything. He is an Essendon supporter. Those bloody Bombers will be absolutely infuriated when he lands with us. The schadenfreude will be wonderful.
Where'd you hear that? He seemed happy after we flogged them

Attachments

• 2DCF3AED-A2DF-491B-9839-B5435F97A05E.png
    2DCF3AED-A2DF-491B-9839-B5435F97A05E.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 189

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Where'd you hear that? He seemed happy after we flogged them

ttps://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/253025/academy-prospect-uglehagan-on-the-rise

"I went in there for two days for a camp thing. I go for Essendon, but as soon as I left that club (Western Bulldogs) and got to know all the boys, it feels like I should just go for them," he said.

What are the odds that we actually get him? It seems like most people have him as a near certainty to end up being drafted by us. It's not going to be so simple if we make finals next year. We're probably gonna have to go into a massive deficit to get him.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we feel the consequences of drafting him by matching a bid and giving up the kitchen sink outweigh the rewards. He could easily end up being taken inside the first couple of picks, and if we have to match that bid, we'll probably be worse off by matching it.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What are the odds that we actually get him? It seems like most people have him as a near certainty to end up being drafted by us. It's not going to be so simple if we make finals next year. We're probably gonna have to go into a massive deficit to get him.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we feel the consequences of drafting him by matching a bid and giving up the kitchen sink outweigh the rewards. He could easily end up being taken inside the first couple of picks, and if we have to match that bid, we'll probably be worse off by matching it.

Green and Blakey are pretty awesome talents and didn’t get bid on until pick 10. I also think we may end up trading a player or two away during the off season (we have a couple of mids who’d definitely be best 22 at other clubs) and get an extra pick or two through that.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trade up to get ahead of Marra to grab

what is finalay's likely draft range??
Finlay is currently looking anywhere from 10-30 in my opinion. Extremely difficult to call right now, but I'd personally rate him around the 10 mark, but wouldn't make a call this early as anything could happen. He looks like one of the stronger midfielders of his draft year so far, but there are a ridiculous number of talented talls and mids so it's pretty hard to pinpoint anyone. Our best bet, if we wanted him, would be to live trade back in once Marra is paid for, as I doubt we'd jump ahead just to reach for Finlay (at this stage; again, too early to make any calls)

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Finlay is currently looking anywhere from 10-30 in my opinion. Extremely difficult to call right now, but I'd personally rate him around the 10 mark, but wouldn't make a call this early as anything could happen. He looks like one of the stronger midfielders of his draft year so far, but there are a ridiculous number of talented talls and mids so it's pretty hard to pinpoint anyone. Our best bet, if we wanted him, would be to live trade back in once Marra is paid for, as I doubt we'd jump ahead just to reach for Finlay (at this stage; again, too early to make any calls)
I think he will go top 10.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think he will go top 10.
He's a very strong chance to. Up there with the best mids in the draft so far, but you never know who will improve next year. The likes of Ugle-Hagan, Thilthorpe, etc. will probably be rated higher thanks to looking like generational talls

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's a very strong chance to. Up there with the best mids in the draft so far, but you never know who will improve next year. The likes of Ugle-Hagan, Thilthorpe, etc. will probably be rated higher thanks to looking like generational talls
Lots of good talls coming up. That's why I don't know why teams reached for talls last week

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When you have hardly any talls it can be a very long season if you sustain any injuries to the one you have. Bombers list management has been very short sighted going all in for the now, and not making the right calls on players that can get them there imo

Back