Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestfallen, only one Carlton player in the history of our great and historic club shares his birthday with mine, but to be fair its a damn good one (Mike Fitzpatrick)

Share my birthday with a couple of other players who went all right (and ironically I seem to share their body shape these days) in Darren Jarman and Billy Brownless.

Currently, Cam Yolman-Ellis, Grant Birchall and Tim Taranto share my birthday with Fitz.

Dunno why I posted it here but I posted the link from the brilliant Blueseum website if you wanted to see if you share a birthday with a former or current Blue Baggers.
Haven’t shared a birthday with any players in over 100 years.

It is great to see how much our recruiting team now values the character of our draftees just as much as there level of talent, our rebuild has been about not only talent but rebuilding the culture of the club through these great young men and there outstanding characters and leadership ...

Spot on. Rebuild the culture, not just the list. Plenty of chances to add the odd wayward super talent later on after they’ve established a really strong culture among the playing group.

Last edited:
heard he had an investment property - bit self indulgent.......

View attachment 787907

You absolute idjiot!

rolling.gif

Spot on. Rebuild the culture, not just the list. Plenty of chances to add the odd wayward super talent later on after they’ve established a really strong culture among the playing group.
I think this was a big reason that we didn’t take Flanders when we could have, just some of the comments he made leading up to the draft regarding the way he plays on the edge and how he was likely to get suspended, just lacks leadership and team first attitude which we rate very highly as evidenced in our picking of Philp. I think Gold Coast was a poor choice for Flanders as he is likely to need discipline and a strong culture to keep him in line not a party town.

Anyone know anything about this? Can we get a BF rep on?

"Senior Carlton figures are prepared to be grilled on the Silvagni removal when they front the fans in an online members' forum on Monday night. President Mark Loguidice, CEO Cain Liddle and members of the club's executive, including football boss Brad Lloyd, will receive questions from the fans, with the expectation that they will be questioned on the contentious Silvagni decision."

"Senior Carlton figures are prepared to be grilled on the Silvagni removal when they front the fans in an online members' forum on Monday night. President Mark Loguidice, CEO Cain Liddle and members of the club's executive, including football boss Brad Lloyd, will receive questions from the fans, with the expectation that they will be questioned on the contentious Silvagni decision."

opYLdXJ7-T5w1dCvokdlXP6MYpnLP0UoIUlZitODtYD135yB7w5xNniy4QP1wNE69It6zcQsBmlLAZDkRmQiFBFODFuCEJNv7qmkx5DOAXXmVNNmfAPYm3jedzXxqRv5P3NBEEJAlRmCRXHMGJeb6AJuYppcJVWOV9SY-F20pxGqVwmyo8IZN3o20cfvZ1QDnNUNCjjylzEdGd81hjH8s2rATxXIXQli757JkzpCXulsl53HxhO4NL9SDGxHdYmS-WpRaA=s0-d-e1-ft
zsiHF2ABSwD45-jTnZQcUsmgWlycBDZLS346tKElRIxM2zleSDAVUyE04a-jYA6HbWEI5wQppQfiGOPsl1IOceYJqfCDA1Xrg0i2D5KgIKU6Sjjuq06bPo4VBHd8LwIVN9eQKvPlXgHgzbDEB0XwvsgH6Pzxf-miTtbVc2tjetdrzbxbgS2inyYWWDZrDlh16hpExYyoGmoEYieFBacL7NxwQa0MnDxFBK79xTo9e0bveUq6wh1W-7FFW7whyDhyuF66=s0-d-e1-ft
PvCGIXFxlqbHcC7om_PEa-ZPbWtBm4HmckT1ri0h4WEdbcvuZ8a3vm4iDKbJDOKTrrzL0B1pH1sQDJqGSWepEDxx2eDJpaR9NCOF8XiuzNNL58ds7GZEN0vf72xE1jBDueQhvpU7k8NJKs4SjvCo_WEVNcQ0r0oISGi5j3z3Qri2UvVbtNIAy59tUpI4cNdt5EcPTdPMmiiPFY0vVWOUX6IkBOUIGuTFhuLgmmjQFP-ieieA1YMSgI-Quk5MQ-mW29le=s0-d-e1-ft

BlueGum (and other interested members)

Thank you for your commitment to our club as a loyal member in 2019.

Off the back of your incredible support in 2019, we now have more members than ever before in our 155-year history. We want to give as many Carlton members as possible, including those interstate and in rural areas, the opportunity to ask the questions that matter most to them about their football club.

That is why this year, to accommodate our 64,269 members, our forum will be an online event, to be held on Monday 9 December from 5.30pm–8.30pm.*

Your thoughts and feedback are extremely important to us, which is why we want you to have your say by participating in our upcoming 2019 Online Member Forum.

You will have the opportunity to hear from President Mark LoGiudice and the Club's senior executive team, discussing a range of topics that will contribute to the ongoing development of the Club and your experience as a member.

This new and improved online format will make the forum more accessible for our members far and wide, allowing everyone to participate and have their voices heard. You will be able to submit your questions and vote on what you want answered in the lead up to the evening, ensuring that we address what matters most.

Please save the date and keep your eye on your inbox, as more information on how to register for the event and submit your questions will be communicated in the coming weeks.

We look forward to your participation and can’t wait to hear from you.

Go Blues!

Carlton Membership team

*Please note that there will be no function held at the Club on this day.
zsiHF2ABSwD45-jTnZQcUsmgWlycBDZLS346tKElRIxM2zleSDAVUyE04a-jYA6HbWEI5wQppQfiGOPsl1IOceYJqfCDA1Xrg0i2D5KgIKU6Sjjuq06bPo4VBHd8LwIVN9eQKvPlXgHgzbDEB0XwvsgH6Pzxf-miTtbVc2tjetdrzbxbgS2inyYWWDZrDlh16hpExYyoGmoEYieFBacL7NxwQa0MnDxFBK79xTo9e0bveUq6wh1W-7FFW7whyDhyuF66=s0-d-e1-ft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can someone outline this?
Why bother, it is simply another Champion data based piece of tripe. Champion data produces great stats but their interpretaion of them as to who is "elite" is simply terrible.

can someone outline this?
I second this as I would like to read it as well.

Just got this now ...

Hi Aph,

Here is your guide to Monday night's Online Member Forum.

TIME AND DATE
Monday 9 December 2019, 5:30pm – 8:30pm AEST*.

YOUR PANEL
President Mark LoGiudice, CEO Cain Liddle and the Club's senior executive team will be on hand to answer your questions.

PRE-REGISTRATION
To gain access, simply register using your Member ID (*******).

Once registered, you will be given access to the forum site and can start submitting your questions. You will also receive a confirmation email containing an access link – use this to participate in the live event on Monday evening.
QUESTIONS
We encourage you to ask as many questions as you desire, both in the lead up to and during the live event. Your questions and those of fellow members will be visible once the event begins.

Questions of the same nature will only be answered once to allow as many topics as possible to be covered. Your panel will endeavor to answer as many questions as possible during the three-hour session, so be sure to 'like' the ones you want answered as the most popular will be responded to as a priority.

For validation purposes, all questions must begin with your Member ID (*******). Questions without a valid Member ID will not be answered.

UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE?

Don't stress, all questions addressed during the forum will be published on carltonfc.com.au after the event to keep you informed.

If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 227 586 or via membership@carltonfc.com.au.

We look forward to your participation on Monday night.

Go Blues!

Carlton Membership team

*Please note that there will be no function held at the Club on the evening.

Just got this now ...

Hi Aph,

Here is your guide to Monday night's Online Member Forum.

TIME AND DATE
Monday 9 December 2019, 5:30pm – 8:30pm AEST*.

YOUR PANEL
President Mark LoGiudice, CEO Cain Liddle and the Club's senior executive team will be on hand to answer your questions.

PRE-REGISTRATION
To gain access, simply register using your Member ID (*******).
Once registered, you will be given access to the forum site and can start submitting your questions. You will also receive a confirmation email containing an access link – use this to participate in the live event on Monday evening.
QUESTIONS
We encourage you to ask as many questions as you desire, both in the lead up to and during the live event. Your questions and those of fellow members will be visible once the event begins.

Questions of the same nature will only be answered once to allow as many topics as possible to be covered. Your panel will endeavor to answer as many questions as possible during the three-hour session, so be sure to 'like' the ones you want answered as the most popular will be responded to as a priority.

For validation purposes, all questions must begin with your Member ID (*******). Questions without a valid Member ID will not be answered.

UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE?

Don't stress, all questions addressed during the forum will be published on carltonfc.com.au after the event to keep you informed.

If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 227 586 or via membership@carltonfc.com.au.

We look forward to your participation on Monday night.

Go Blues!

Carlton Membership team

*Please note that there will be no function held at the Club on the evening.
I have registered and already sent in a question. I think it will be a must viewing.

I hope they answer my question:

Given the disgraceful way the Club has handled the sacking of SOS, including a press release that insulted a Club Legend, 2 current players, and the entire Membership & supporter base, how are you going to restore the faith of Members when the Club looks like a basket case?

I hope they answer my question:

Given the disgraceful way the Club has handled the sacking of SOS, including a press release that insulted a Club Legend, 2 current players, and the entire Membership & supporter base, how are you going to restore the faith of Members when the Club looks like a basket case?
The club could have handled it a lot better, but the club does not look like a basket case, unless you are buying into the media bullshit, particularly that coming from The Hun & Channel Watson.

Those pricks are doing their best to kick the crap out of our club during an otherwise quiet footy time & some of our supporters are feeding the bullshit frenzy. I would expect nothing less from sections of the media which are the cheersquad for the ******* Dopers, but I would expect better from our supporters. That clown who started the petition to bring back SOS played straight into the hands of the media & then doubled down on it by being interviewed by Channel Watson.:mad:

The club could have handled it a lot better, but the club does not look like a basket case, unless you are buying into the media bullshit, particularly that coming from The Hun & Channel Watson.

Those pricks are doing their best to kick the crap out of our club during an otherwise quiet footy time & some of our supporters are feeding the bullshit frenzy. I would expect nothing less from sections of the media which are the cheersquad for the ******* Dopers, but I would expect better from our supporters. That clown who started the petition to bring back SOS played straight into the hands of the media & then doubled down on it by being interviewed by Channel Watson.:mad:

The petition was ludicrous, but we do look like a basket case.
And it's not the media doing it, it's the people in the club. Egos and politics before the betterment of the club.

We just sacked one of the best List Managers in the game over a ******* power struggle pissing contest.
That is basket case behaviour.

Stats hey. Apparently champion data are the best in the business. They rated Melbourne list as best in the comp last year - they finished 17th. I see today that they have rated the kangaroos as the third best current midfield in the comp for 2019. Surely they jest.
Champion data just won a contract for the NFL. They do a pretty good job. And big competitions have noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back