Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means, stop suffocating the club with petty negativity. Particularly when this type of “positive vibe showing” occurs every damn year anyway. And for every other club!
Serious comment: if you find the negative atmosphere here suffocating then leave, or at least take a hiatus

I left this board alone for a couple of years in the late Neil Craig era. It was too negative and not enjoyable. Much worse than today or at least that’s my recollection.

Or if you can’t bring yourself to do that, then limit yourself the forward looking topics like the draft and next season’s chances.

Read again, I only ask you to answer the question,
When I mention In your own words, you have not answered the question, I was going on the many time you have asked others to answer the question.
Also, you did not give me a definition you used a quote for people to put on the walls.
And your not a realist as they also look forward.

FFS you’re trying to give credence to fortune cookie level platitudes as if they mean something

why not ask him which Harry Potter house he belongs to or which friends character he is most like?

That's true, first they lose the players, then the fans and finally the club managers. One of the, if not the, major reason is stubborness. Coaches get set in their ways, whether its gameplay, selection policy, communication, whatever - when it stops working the coach that is stubborn and won't adapt or change is the one that gets sacked. Once they start blaming everyone but themselves, they're gone.

Err...Kern? :think:

The negativity is well founded though. It's only natural that years of mediocrity will turn people into pessimists and erode the faith they have in the club. The onus is on the the club to turn things around and prove those people wrong, not the other way around.

I don't personally have any issue with how the club is promoting Nicks but I can understand people being skeptical. The communication between the club and fans has been atrocious the last couple of years. We've had lies about injuries, PR disasters like CM, players being announced as retired when they were actually delisted, a player leaking to the media, Roo telling fans to go support another club, review findings not released to the public etc. Whoever manages the clubs PR is a dead set moron.
I never said negativity is unfounded. How people feel about the club in the past has absolutely no bearing on how Nicks promotes himself as a Crows coach. Furthermore, it's a necessary thing for fans to see some of his footage to have a general feel of his persona and to feel some level of comfort. Whether you believe he's any good of a coach is a separate matter, and that's something we will soon find out after this preseason.

Serious comment: if you find the negative atmosphere here suffocating then leave, or at least take a hiatus

I left this board alone for a couple of years in the late Neil Craig era. It was too negative and not enjoyable. Much worse than today or at least that’s my recollection.

Or if you can’t bring yourself to do that, then limit yourself the forward looking topics like the draft and next season’s chances.
So are you actively promoting a negative atmosphere just for the sake of "freedom of speech"?

The right comment should be "put those you find suffocating on ignore". Why should I leave when I'm enjoying the philosophical chats on negativity versus positivity?

So are you actively promoting a negative atmosphere just for the sake of "freedom of speech"?

The right comment should be "put those you find suffocating on ignore". Why should I leave when I'm enjoying the philosophical chats on negativity versus positivity?
The classic John Who 1-2 punch.

Totally misinterpret a post, and then respond advising what “the right comment” is.

It is hard to tell if you are a well intentioned idiot or a well disguised parody account. Leaning towards parody account.

FFS you’re trying to give credence to fortune cookie level platitudes as if they mean something

why not ask him which Harry Potter house he belongs to or which friends character he is most like?
How are you going, was wondering if /when you would chime in,
By the way, they were not, fortune cookie platitudes, they were extracted from Forbes articles. the answer I received was more a fortune cookie platitudes.
I am surprised a person of your social standing would not understand that.
Anyway, have a great day because you just made mine.

How are you going, was wondering if /when you would chime in,
By the way, they were not, fortune cookie platitudes, they were extracted from Forbes articles. the answer I received was more a fortune cookie platitudes.
I am surprised a person of your social standing would not understand that.
Anyway, have a great day because you just made mine.

no, they are fortune cookie platitudes because that is all the intrinsic merit of them

Now, are you more Carrie or Samantha?

no, they are fortune cookie platitudes because that is all the intrinsic merit of them

Now, are you more Carrie or Samantha?
Interesting, I quote Forbes and you quote sex and the city, You See I have learnt to use Google,
Have a good night, need my sleep, I have to look after some livestock while kids are on vacation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said negativity is unfounded. How people feel about the club in the past has absolutely no bearing on how Nicks promotes himself as a Crows coach.
I disagree. Nicks isn't promoting himself. The club is promoting him. People have trust issues with the club so it's not a stretch to see them also question this kind of promotion. People aren't stupid. They can see what the club is trying to do here in regards to how they portray Nicks. It's not exactly subtle.

As I said, I don't take offense to it myself. I just see it as typical marketing bullshit. I don't blame others for giving the club the side-eye though.

The classic John Who 1-2 punch.

Totally misinterpret a post, and then respond advising what “the right comment” is.

It is hard to tell if you are a well intentioned idiot or a well disguised parody account. Leaning towards parody account.
I don’t know why you keep pretending to act like you care, only to immediately make a derogatory comment in an after-post?

If I misinterpret your quote then explain to me, stop being ass about it.

I disagree. Nicks isn't promoting himself. The club is promoting him. People have trust issues with the club so it's not a stretch to see them also question this kind of promotion. People aren't stupid. They can see what the club is trying to do here in regards to how they portray Nicks. It's not exactly subtle.

As I said, I don't take offense to it myself. I just see it as typical marketing bullshit. I don't blame others for giving the club the side-eye though.
“The club is promoting him”, suggests you think he’s being a paid actor and not showing his true colours in front of the camera?
Anyway, the club has shown a couple of several short clips on Nicks. Hardly over the top gimmick when a new coach arrives.

“The club is promoting him”, suggests you think he’s being a paid actor and not showing his true colours in front of the camera?
Anyway, the club has shown a couple of several short clips on Nicks. Hardly over the top gimmick when a new coach arrives.
No it doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back