wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
I'd buy any TV remote that renamed the 'mute' button the 'Dwayne Russell' button. Maybe have a picture of him on it instead of a megaphone with an X.

Fox Footy basically had that in the 2000s with their viewer's choice option where you could watch a match without commentary if you wanted as well as choose your preferred camera angles.

Was a terrific option; baffled with the advancements in technology why they don't have any of that now.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fox Footy basically had that in the 2000s with their viewer's choice option where you could watch a match without commentary if you wanted as well as choose your preferred camera angles.

Was a terrific option; baffled with the advancements in technology why they don't have any of that now.
Because he people are not supposed to have the power

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal

Footy is pretty expensive to produce so we lost a lot of these little extras. On the plus side for Fox Footy their coverage is still 10x better than Channel 7 in terms of cameras, replays etc.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I recall during the final evening of the trade period before he was booted off early for Barrett and Clearly because trades starting dropping, Derwayne was continually saying "thanks for tuning in from wherever you are on the planet". Just rubbish

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I recall during the final evening of the trade period before he was booted off early for Barrett and Clearly because trades starting dropping, Derwayne was continually saying "thanks for tuning in from wherever you are on the planet". Just rubbish
Standard crap from The Pipe. Yeah dickhead im sure the locals in Syria are tuning in intently to see if Tom Papley gets to Carlton.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Standard crap from The Pipe. Yeah dickhead im sure the locals in Syria are tuning in intently to see if Tom Papley gets to Carlton.
I heard there was a ceasefire in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict as both sides came to a mutual agreement that Dodo is a flog. Derwayne contributing towards peace in the Middle East

I'd honestly pay extra to Foxtel if they removed him from all broadcasts. He makes the NBL completely unwatchable and we all know his AFL cliches

Anthony Hudson was calling the NBL on Saturday, and was excellent. Interestingly all games in Australia are commentated from Melbourne so Derwayne does not have to travel to infect our TVs.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anthony Hudson was calling the NBL on Saturday, and was excellent. Interestingly all games in Australia are commentated from Melbourne so Derwayne does not have to travel to infect our TVs.
Yeah don't really like that commentating from a studio idea. Quite a few times they've been calling replays as though they're live or just not seen what's happened at all...

Huddo is good, no gimmick, just calls the game. Also like Brenton Speed for this reason. Derwayne is a farking flog!

Back