Who do you want to debut in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really playing Gibbs this year is a pointless exercise
It all depends on his form

I'd give him the first couple of games to see how he does, if he's back to his old form I'd keep him in, if he's not I'd be getting Sholl or Schoenberg in there quick (assuming McHenry and Jones are already in the side)

I'd give him the first couple of games to see how he does, if he's back to his old form I'd keep him in, if he's not I'd be getting Sholl or Schoenberg in there quick (assuming McHenry and Jones are already in the side)
Not really, we are a long shot to make the 8 and would need a miracle to do anything if we make it.

This year should be about games into a youth

Would be disappointed if we pick anyone who just cruises around like we had many this year. Need accountability for performance, which means not being afraid of dropping players when they are not putting in.
We dropped Gibbs and others last year and it had no effect.

JJ and Eddie now find themselves elsewhere. Gibbs would want to have a fantastic pre season.

Not necessarily. They have him on a sizeable contract that, at his age and coming of a poor season, they are stuck with.
I think if the AFC really felt how EC feels about our prospects this year, then we would have found a way to get Gibbs off the list.

I think it is more likely they see Gibbs as best 22, and they see us as in the mix for finals.

Where do you think Gibbs plays most of his footy this year, AFL or SANFL?

We dropped Gibbs and others last year and it had no effect.

JJ and Eddie now find themselves elsewhere. Gibbs would want to have a fantastic pre season.
Because we brought them back without finding form in the sanfl!!

Our selection process did not reward good form.

I think if the AFC really felt how EC feels about our prospects this year, then we would have found a way to get Gibbs off the list.

I think it is more likely they see Gibbs as best 22, and they see us as in the mix for finals.

I don’t think the AFC think like me, they will be doing all they can to scrape into the 8.

Or the forgotten man McPherson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably one of the hardest list questions to answer in this PS.

I agree they won’t go into next season thinking bottom 4 at all. I think what many forget is playing kids like Jones and McHenry don’t automatically make us worse.

I think they will have been bitterly disappointed in Gibbs output and attitude last year, and will be putting it on him to respond.

I think after what he showed last year he’s nothing like automatic best 22 and will need a very strong pre season just to be in the conversation.

My guess is he starts in the 2’s and hopefully for all parties he works his way into the 1st. No guarantees though even if his form is ok.

There really isn't a way to get Gibbs off of our list. He'd command a healthy payout (probably talking 1 mil minimum), and no club is going to take a > 30 year old who is in and out of the side of a mid to lower table team.

We are well and truly stuck with him for at least one more year.

Time always runs out, but he does have 2 more years of good football, And hopefully, we see that because if we do It's our younger up and coming players that will be the biggest beneficiaries.

How do you know that?

Last year tells us a lot, and it isn't that he has 2 good years of football left.

Probably one of the hardest list questions to answer in this PS.

I agree they won’t go into next season thinking bottom 4 at all. I think what many forget is playing kids like Jones and McHenry don’t automatically make us worse.

I think they will have been bitterly disappointed in Gibbs output and attitude last year, and will be putting it on him to respond.

I think after what he showed last year he’s nothing like automatic best 22 and will need a very strong pre season just to be in the conversation.

My guess is he starts in the 2’s and hopefully for all parties he works his way into the 1st. No guarantees though even if his form is ok.

To touch on this, I also suspect that we cannot afford to think we're just going to finish bottom four and move on at the start of preseason. After all, the goal of being at the bottom is influx talent whilst not getting trapped at the bottom, and that type of thinking is more just being complacent that high draft picks will solve all issues.

We do have to be aiming for finals at the start of the year, however, with the caveat that youth needs to be prioritised heavily (and hopefully it's a performance trigger in Nicks first couple of years to be playing x amount of < 23-year-olds). Midseason reflect, and if we've limped to let us say, 4-7, then really focus on next year.

Last edited:
There really isn't a way to get Gibbs off of our list. He'd command a healthy payout (probably talking 1 mil minimum), and no club is going to take a > 30 year old who is in and out of the side of a mid to lower table team.

We are well and truly stuck with him for at least one more year.

Also the fact that the whole reason he came over in the first place was because he wanted to move his family back to Adelaide. I don't see any way he'd agree to a trade back to Melbourne or wherever - he'd probably rather play SANFL here than AFL over there.

How do you know that?

Last year tells us a lot, and it isn't that he has 2 good years of football left.
Guess the same way you believe he does not. Gut feeling
But I have also watched him train And had a few conversation People who know him. He looks like a person on a mission my guess he's out to prove a few people wrong.

Guess the same way you believe he does not. Gut feeling
But I have also watched him train And had a few conversation People who know him. He looks like a person on a mission my guess he's out to prove a few people wrong.

Mines not gut feeling. Mine is just accepting the simple fact that it is incredibly unlikely that someone past the age of 30 is coming back from a season where they've gone from best 22 to not in a middling side. Especially as it's another year of wear, and tear added to a body where it has experienced a lot of it. Gibbs doesn't have age on his side here, noting it takes a lot of luck to survive that kind of demotion in your mid-20s.

A fact made even more unlikely by us accepting we're not a contender, and thus are not as likely to cling to older players.

If Gibbs is best 22 at the end of 2020, it's either a minor miracle or very concerning for our mid to long term future.

But I have also watched him train

And had a few conversation People who know him. He looks like a person on a mission my guess he's out to prove a few people wrong.

How have you watched him train? All of our sessions since we returned have been closed.

Any thoughts on how some of the other players have looked at training?

What do you mean maybe?
He looks like the runt of the litter...well he did last year. I hope he kills it, but there’s been so much fapping about him I started to take notice of his game, granted over a small sample size, and I think he’d struggle against the bigger bodies as I’ve said before. I’m more than happy to be way off the mark.

How have you watched him train? All of our sessions since we returned have been closed.

Any thoughts on how some of the other players have looked at training?

Best bet would be Daul Cab ute with chairs in the Back and Back up to the Fence
But we managed to see them using the entrance of Turner Drive, and find a good place along the fence needs to be Southern side, and take some Bino's, While you are there pop into the Crows Cafe sometimes there are a few people to meet.
A mate was saying he also gain a good Spot of Brebner drive.
My biggest problem is I don't drive these days and rely on others and that's why I want a move to North Adelaide.

He looks like the runt of the litter...well he did last year. I hope he kills it, but there’s been so much fapping about him I started to take notice of his game, granted over a small sample size, and I think he’d struggle against the bigger bodies as I’ve said before. I’m more than happy to be way off the mark.
You will be...... miles off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back