Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right, I reckon he had 4 inches of reach on Parker and it seemed like double that, he controlled the distance very well in that fight. (Was also helped by the ref not allowing any infighting of course)

If the rumours were true about the bad KO Joshua copped in sparring just before the first Ruiz fight you'd think he can take the rematch.
Ref of the fight Sunday is notorious for allowing stall tactics and he'll let AJ get away with whatever he likes.

They also claim he had a panic attack before the fight, I think the reality is they underestimated Ruiz. So much more pressure on AJ this time around, if he had a panic attack last time he's in for a rough few days leading into this one!

Was just checking out the odds for tonight's fight,Tszyu $1.08 Brubaker $8.00
Surely Brubaker isn't that s**t.

Seems to have beaten some guys with half decent records, oddsmakers usually are fairly correct though. Surely they've picked someone he should beat though, has a good opportunity to get either Zerafa or Horn after this depending on how that one goes.

I think Tszyu has a title fight lined up with a win? Horn/Zerafa fights will always be there, no rush. Zerafa also very tough fight, too risky. Horn might be a good money fight but if he loses next people will lose interest a bit

Broadhurst needs to find a new job. Least durable guy fighting in the bigger weight classes. Cannot take a shot at all, isnt just tonight. Blake got to him easily too

Anyone know if I can watch a replay of the Tszyu fight anywhere? Working tonight so I couldn't catch it live.

I've settled in for the long night.

So far Majidov/Little and Hrgovic/Molina both pretty one sided.

shockingly boring fight.

joshua basically ran around avoiding getting within punching range of ruiz for all 12 rounds, and got 2 or 3 jabs in which was more than enough to win each round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyonw see a strikes landed stat sheet about?
Ive had a look but cant find anything...might be a bit early

correct, though I read that Usyk is a mandatory for the IBO title, surely he vacates that one for the winner of Wilder/Fury though.
Probably has time to fight him before wilder/fury 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back