Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

“We go away on camp next week, we put a big focus on that (in Noosa) last year, and I think we’re streets ahead of that this year and I’m looking forward to getting away as a whole group and working through a tough slog leading into Christmas, which is really important.

Port Adelaide welcomed its latest round of draftees last week including four picks inside the top 25 of the national draft - Miles Bergman, Mitch Georgiades, Dylan Williams and Jackson Mead.

It comes after its top three draft picks last year - Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma combined for 61 games in their rookie season in 2019.

“I had a chance to see them train yesterday, apart from last year we haven’t that those early picks so it’s good to have that a couple of years in a row and a couple of bigger boys as well, a bit of size will be really exciting,” Westhoff said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mundusa

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
a bit of size will be really exciting...

images (6).jpeg

Ian McEweon about HP plans for this year
Thanks for putting that up OGC. Was waiting for it to come up to listen to again. Will listen in full but I wrote a a few things down when it was live. This one stood out;

What are the trends? Is it still repeat high speed effort is king?
100% speed is king. Easy to answer to that one. Speed is the biggest determinant of success. The ability not to just do that with 1 or 2 players, but to do that with synchronicity the whole group go at one time ....flooding forward....

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
A chance for the boys to catch up with Chad and Jars with Hawthorn being up there at the same time.

Big nights on Fortnite coming up.

Wonder when Morris will be formally announced and interviewed. Was supposed to be joining us straight after the draft.

He's already been formally announced on the club's website. Don't think he holds a significant enough position to command a press conference.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham

“I had a chance to see them train yesterday, apart from last year we haven’t that those early picks so it’s good to have that a couple of years in a row and a couple of bigger boys as well, a bit of size will be really exciting,” Westhoff said.
Marshall and Sam Powell Pepper are just like wtf hoff

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have a day off for the first time in a long time. Was hoping to pop down to Alberton and see the boys train Tuesday. Any idea what time things usually start? No dramas if it's a closed session I'm around the corner...will still try 👍

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Have a day off for the first time in a long time. Was hoping to pop down to Alberton and see the boys train Tuesday. Any idea what time things usually start? No dramas if it's a closed session I'm around the corner...will still try 👍

There on the gold coast next Thursday doubt there is 1 till then

Back