7Cricket Vs Fox Cricket

Who has the better coverage?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have watched Fox a couple of times when I've been away on holiday (and the TV has Foxtel lol), and can honestly say it's not much of an improvement on 7, if any at all. So 7 for me

McGrath's actually improved this year which has been big for 7, was quite bland last summer but have found him more insightful this time around. Really like Ponting, Mitchell, Brayshaw, Lane, Katich and Blewett, too. Can deal with Fleming and Slats

I'm not sure how you can dislike Howie.

He comes off as a bit of an Andy Maher type, but I challenge you to listen to his podcast series, will change your opinion of him.

He comes off as a bit of an Andy Maher type, but I challenge you to listen to his podcast series, will change your opinion of him.

1575278584512.jpeg

Yet to listen to his podcast, but yeah I think he's genuinely good value in the commentary box and in the media in general.

Conveys the enthusiasm & nostalgia of a fan, has the depth of knowledge can be a bit jokey but comes across pretty well. It's never cool to be positive about any presenter or commentator ever and people will whinge about anything, but yeah he's a plus imo.

Spot on... He nails the host role so much much better then the hacks on 7..fox has loads of dead time with no ads and he slides in to fill the air time..

Fox with Kerrie ofeffe was so good hearing him talk it's refreshing to hear someone talk and ask questions about cricket not like Slater and co...

I like the Fox team better.

Only question I have, how does Howie get a gig? I mean he's not bad, but all the rest of them have played cricket at the top level, mens or womens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to I can't stand Gilchrist, always sounds like he's talking to kids with his tone, 'Howie' is even worse. The rest are pretty good, especially Kerry.
In terms of commentary quality I prefer 7, the like of Punta and Mcgrath are the best commentators, but of ads makes it nearly unwatchable compare to ad free fox.

When 'batters' first became part of the terminology (if I recall correctly Michael Clarke might have been the one to first use it consistently), I cringed. But at that point I only really perceived it being a needlessly American addition to the sport. In recognition of the rapid rise of womens cricket though I have come to accept it and think of it in a positive sense in that it "normalises" that cricket is a sport for everyone to play and enjoy. Having said that I don't see why 'batsman' and 'batswoman' couldn't continue to be applied appropriately.

Fox have Isa and 7 don't

End of

This :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

Haven't even bothered with the 7 coverage this summer TBH.

Not to parrot the promos, but Fox have every ball in HD with no ads during play, and less annoying/more knowledgeable/more attractive commentators and broadcasters. Easy decision IMO.

Been at Optus for the past 4 days and had an opportunity to listen to both Seven and Fox through my sports ears without having to compromise on ads or picture quality. If Warne was here it may be different but I kept coming back to Fox over Seven.

Back