Academy 2020 Father/Son, NGA and Academy Prospects - The Compromised Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know if Tozer is locked in for next year at the Lions?

I know Bruce Reville has been training with the senior squad this preseason.
Went to look at lions academy training last week

Tom Wishnat aNd Kobe Tozer both there as overages

Kobe Tozer I heard is now injury free and building back to full trainjng
Tom Wishnat was training.

Last edited:

Kobe Tozer I heard is now injury and building back to full trainjng
Thank you TheDragonsLair. If you’re a regular or semi-regular at Lions Academy training and/or games, many of us would be keen on updates on the Lions forum.

Kobe Tozer I heard is now injury free and building back to full trainjng

Why did Tom miss out on being drafted did he have injuries like Kobe?

Probably the best nga we’ll see. Watch how salty everyone starts getting next year when the general public realize how good he could be.
NGA = BS IMO. any club can BID on anyone, just because he's a WB NGA zone player doesnt mean some other club wont Bid on him. just ,means the Doggies would/will have to match the bid

NGA = BS IMO. any club can BID on anyone, just because he's a WB NGA zone player doesnt mean some other club wont Bid on him. just ,means the Doggies would/will have to match the bid

The fact they get access to such a talent by matching a bid, regardless of where they finish, is the contentious bit. If Bulldogs make top 4, and someone bids on Ugle-Hagan within the top 3 picks, are you happy that the Bulldogs can match and have that sort of talent coming in despite playing deep into September?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact they get access to such a talent by matching a bid, regardless of where they finish, is the contentious bit. If Bulldogs make top 4, and someone bids on Ugle-Hagan within the top 3 picks, are you happy that the Bulldogs can match and have that sort of talent coming in despite playing deep into September?
well look for instance Essendon, Dodoro placed a Bid on that " Kaiden Coleman " but its supposed to only go for 5min till the NGA Team loses that player to the bidder, but funny how the AFL paused that. but as i said, the NGA system is utter BS. Essendon placed a Bid on that Mozzie kid yet he was Hawthorns NGA. the NGA system is a Joke. you can try as much as you like to convince me otherwise

It'd be Tarryn Thomas by default wouldn't it?
Right now, with Quayor there too.

Two very good ones this year though (henry and Green) so this time next year we might get a different answer. Henry especially, as small forwards can often debut early. Harder for guys like Thomas (and Green) who play further up the field.

the contentious part for me is ngas should be players that werent headed towards playing afl before being identified by clubs. Players like Mcinnes, Lachy Johnson, Downie etc wouldve already being playing junior football regardless of whether they are nga or not. Players who have being brought up in australia/ had a single parent born overseas should not classify.

Last edited:

Two very good ones this year though (henry and Green) so this time next year we might get a different answer. Henry especially, as small forwards can often debut early. Harder for guys like Thomas (and Green) who play further up the field.

True, we're starting to see the programs really work.

There's been some enormously positive press coming out this pre-season about Thomas (including a pretty tantalising tweet from Mark Stevens), will be exciting to see what happens.

Except Green wasn’t an NGA member. And if you’re including the Northern Academies, there are a fair few graduates we’ll ahead of the likes of Thomas and Quaynor (and much further into their careers) - such as Andrew, Heeney, Hopper.

Except Green wasn’t an NGA member. And if you’re including the Northern Academies, there are a fair few graduates we’ll ahead of the likes of Thomas and Quaynor (and much further into their careers) - such as Andrew, Heeney, Hopper.

NGA are bull, I quoestion the work clubs really do, not so the northern academies that are driven by the clubs.

NGA are bull, I quoestion the work clubs really do, not so the northern academies that are driven by the clubs.
I’m not disagreeing with you but the clubs do a lot of work with their NGAs. If the Northern clubs are allowed to have academies so should the other clubs. Or scrap all of them so no one has them.

I’m not disagreeing with you but the clubs do a lot of work with their NGAs. If the Northern clubs are allowed to have academies so should the other clubs. Or scrap all of them so no one has them.
The northern clubs need academies as there are no elite pathways (clubs or leagues) in place for juniors. Maybe in 10-15 years there might be something but not for the foreseeable future. All the afl has to do to correct it is take away the 20% discount. The advantage clubs get is first access to the talent, they should still be made to pay the full price.

The northern clubs need academies as there are no elite pathways (clubs or leagues) in place for juniors. Maybe in 10-15 years there might be something but not for the foreseeable future. All the afl has to do to correct it is take away the 20% discount. The advantage clubs get is first access to the talent, they should still be made to pay the full price.

Yep, that seems fair enough.

Do the clubs really do the work, or cherry pick the young talent & look to the schools to do the work.
Clontarf is an example of doing the hard work.

Do the clubs really do the work, or cherry pick the young talent & look to the schools to do the work.
Clontarf is an example of doing the hard work.
If by clubs doing the work, you mean do the clubs employ a genealogist, then yes.

Otherwise they get the kids for 2 or 3 weeks before Christmas, and otherwise have very little contact with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back