Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you were talking about energy drinks (specifically red bull). Therefore, you could imply that is what I was also talking about - especially when Tea had not been mentioned previously. Surprised you didn't mention choc milk too :drunk:

lol. You make arguments for the sake of it. That's why you contradict yourself more often than not. 3 certainties in life - death, taxes, and I'm going to wake up to ferball quoting me with some nonsense.

Pro tip to avoid that last one:

Don't type nonsense.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Properly!

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Properly!

God who cares about list age

What matters is good footy players on the park regardless of how soon they'll retire

People were jumping up and down about us not having the tools to replace Waite before he retired but Larkey stood up, scooter will be the same. One of the guys will succeed or we will bring someone else in who can.

Geelong can keep bringing in mature bodies every few years to keep competitive, same with hawks but they also have some good young guys, every club manages it's own list in its own way, and I daresay most clubs would be ok with bringing in a proven older guy over a talented youngster if it made the team better.
It's really silly how much stock people put into age, average or median.
But then again I'd rather my team be able to win games now rather than be potentially good some time in the future. A bird in the hand and all that

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
God who cares about list age

Apparently, quite a few people.

Why? I dunno. Particularly in the age of free agency.

Age balance is the only thing that matters.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently, quite a few people.

Why? I dunno. Particularly in the age of free agency.

Age balance is the only thing that matters.
We went from 2nd youngest to 4th oldest in the space of one off-season, it's a pretty simple metric to adjust.
as long as there's good players, good backups and good kids a footy team should be fine wether they're 22 or 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back