Izeldin Bol - Perth (Queens Park FC) 181:65 4/8/01
Ezekiel Bolton - Subiaco (Ocean Ridge JFC) 179:83 30/10/02
Ali Luko - East Perth (Ellenbrook JFC) 175:68 21/7/01
Manase Makani - Swan Districts (Redcliffe JFC) 186:83 31/7/02
Noel Mancuveni - Perth (Queens Park FC) 27/4/01
Preston Rosario - East Perth (Mt Hawthorn JFC) 177:77 25/9/01
Fred Ruremesha - East Perth (Ellenbrook JFC) 185:69 22/7/00

Last edited:
Reserved for Father/Son or Daughter (soon to be Father/Mother/Daughter/Son) prospects that will be eligible for the 2020 draft

Ben Evans - Claremont (Cottesloe JFC) 21/3/02

Sunny Kemp - was eligible in 2019
Zak Mainwaring - was eligible in 2019

Not at all sure what happens with Alec Waterman on F/S. Assume he is available for any club to offer a spot to, my input is that he is quietly building his endurance and will be up for greater midfield time for Claremont in 2020. Up to West Coast as to if and when they want to pull the trigger, but any club could get in before us.

Last edited:

Zurgblade - do you want to add your write up on Jordan Berry? Footage, links and reason eligible?

This is Jordan who is on the NGA list. Draft year is next year.

Elite penetrating kick, Composed under pressure, big work rate and oozes of speed.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/10841412/5ddfc855f569ca111035fad5

He qualifies as one of his parents was born overseas.

Zurgblade - do you want to add your write up on Jordan Berry? Footage, links and reason eligible?

This is Jordan who is on the NGA list. Draft year is next year.

Elite penetrating kick, Composed under pressure, big work rate and oozes of speed.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/10841412/5ddfc855f569ca111035fad5

He qualifies as one of his parents was born overseas.

You can find his stats here.

He needs to find more consistency if he wants to get drafted but he played as a bottom ager in arguably West Perth’s best Colt side in 20 years. After going all the way to the preliminary final, West Perth were eventually knocked out by Claremont who went on to become premiers.

As you can see from the highlight reel, he’s got an incredible left boot, very clean hands and calmly diffuses a number of attacks as the last line of defense for West Perth. His combine stats are very impressive as well so I think West Coast will be watching his development very closely.

"...where a player is born in an African or Asian country."

Why even have this? Seems unnecessarily divisive and somewhat racist. How about "not born in Australia"? Or are people born in Europe, South, Central & North America or Polynesian islands, not necessarily cultures we want to help integrate into our sport?

What if your parents are from a non Asian or African country, but you were born in Asia or Africa? Lets get some genetic testing happening to ensure racial purity in the NGA scheme!

Love the indigenous part of the NGA idea. It creates a pathway into the AFL for kids in remote communities.

Lets get some genetic testing happening to ensure racial purity in the NGA scheme!

Did you know that you can't genetically test for race with any kind of worthwhile accuracy, and the people that say you can are usually racists?

I mean I had genetic testing this year for a couple of specific connective tissue disorders, and the odds of an accurate diagnosis is only 35%. That's for something that's well defined in the genome! Anyone who thinks you can genetically test for race just has no clue about genetics in general.

Did you know that you can't genetically test for race with any kind of worthwhile accuracy, and the people that say you can are usually racists?

I mean I had genetic testing this year for a couple of specific connective tissue disorders, and the odds of an accurate diagnosis is only 35%. That's for something that's well defined in the genome! Anyone who thinks you can genetically test for race just has no clue about genetics in general.
Not true at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about biology, to be fair.
How do those DNA tests work that tell you where your ancestors come from?

I know nothing about biology, to be fair.
How do those DNA tests work that tell you where your ancestors come from?

Here's a half decent explainer:

TLDR: It's a best guess and the accuracy is variable

It's really the difference to saying "you're probably descended from these people" (maybe) vs "You're definitely not descended from these people" (impossible).

I heard a rumour the Eagles are keen to pick me up as a mature age NGA prospect.
Get excited Eagles fans.

On the NGA, my daughter is West Perth based (we’re way Norf) and she will be training with the Freo AFLW girls in April as part of the female NGA

Annoys me slightly given our location

Great experience for her but that poor thing. Are the girls as invested in this mighty club as you?

Great experience for her but that poor thing. Are the girls as invested in this mighty club as you?
Both are 100% Eagle girls

But it’s only training. And at that level, this is invaluable for her.

Mid June the two NGA squads will play each other as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back