Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LINDSAY Tanner will stand down as Essendon's president at the end of 2020.
The club's boss for the last four seasons, Tanner joined the board in the wake of its controversial supplements saga in 2015 and began his reign as president in 2016.

rats, ship
I thought that tanner might have realised that the best way to earn public respect for * might have been to admit mistakes, purge the club of the toadies and bullshitters who had tried to cover up the doping and the more senior players who went along with the plan to cheat. But why would he I suppose? They pretty much got away with a slap on the wrist. Their supporters stuck tight and the AFL kept them in the league with top-up players and even allowed them to get the number one pick.

I guess integrity don't mean much these days.

I thought that tanner might have realised that the best way to earn public respect for * might have been to admit mistakes, purge the club of the toadies and bullshitters who had tried to cover up the doping and the more senior players who went along with the plan to cheat. But why would he I suppose? They pretty much got away with a slap on the wrist. Their supporters stuck tight and the AFL kept them in the league with top-up players and even allowed them to get the number one pick.

Tanner is a bit s**t tho. And he's a politician. If he had integrity we'd never have heard of him.

Instead, they've actually doubled down on their campaignerness by awarding Evans and Little life membership. True story.

ESSENDON 34

The supplements saga is never far from the surface and the Essendon hierarchy was faced with a number of questions over it and the subsequent 12 month bans handed down to 34 players.

Many of those questions centred on encouraging the club to continue to fight to officially clear the players, something chairman Lindsay Tanner said it was not prepared to do.

Tanner said the Bombers won’t support a Senate inquiry, declaring nothing could be gained.

“There is no prospect of changing the outcomes of all those processes and the impact they had on both the players and the Essendon Football Club,” Tanner said.

“Any such inquiry will cause significant distress for the people who are most affected … and the club therefore does not support that concept. We do not believe it would lead to anything positive for the club or the players.”

Tanner said he and CEO Xavier Campbell had repeatedly apologised to the affected players for the actions of the past and remained committed to supporting them, with Campbell reporting to the board annually on the contact he maintains with that group.

“I actually had a meeting with one player who specifically requested a formal meeting with me for the purposes of conveying an apology even though these have already been officially conveyed,” Tanner said.

:think: :think: :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a Bombers fan on Reddit saying "if you think North will finish above 15th, you are delusional". He went on to say how we have the worst list in the competition and how Dylan Shiel is better than all of our players. Ahhh Bombers fans...they never change.

Just saw a Bombers fan on Reddit saying "if you think North will finish above 15th, you are delusional". He went on to say how we have the worst list in the competition and how Dylan Shiel is better than all of our players. Ahhh Bombers fans...they never change.

Tell him to bring all the money he owns over here and I will give him 5/2 on a 15th place or lower finish.

That guy has an obsession, every prediction post he's in there flabbergasted that people have North higher than 17th

It's unhealthy

A Vegan, an Atheist and an Essendon supporter walk into a bar...I know, because they told everyone.

The amount of times I see that joke is FAR FAR higher than the amount of people I see declaring they are vegan or atheist.
Essendon supporters on the other hand...

Not too far off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back