Member Online Forum 9th Dec 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

This just isn’t a way to run things. I’ve never seen a business Board sub-committee run over the top of a specific Manager’s role.

This was just Liddle’s way of taking control. A joke.
If I like your post will the genuine CLub supporters bash me up ot something really really bad like that...maybe call me names even?

I asked about the prospect (knowing very slim) of us playing low drawing games at Ikon and what the clubs thoughts were on the GCS compensation which seemed to directly impact our negotiations.

Also asked about further innovation in media access (club media) which to me has improved since Mick Shithouse left and better more creative merchandise. Comparing the AFL Merch to other codes gear is actually sad especially US sports.

I don't subscribe to this 'Liddle taking control' agenda, but can understand how some people might view in that way.

I don't think of it so much as Liddle taking control as I do him and Lloyd taking away some control from Silvagni's position. I think perhaps some in SOS's unit wanted some of their suggestions selected and expressed concerns, leading to this sub-committee.

With regards to playing AFL home and away games, there is no intention for these to return to Ikon Park. During the current year our average home game attendance increased to over 46,700, an increase of close to 15,000 supporters. This is a trend we would like to continue to see and exceed on average 50,000.

They think everyone is an idiot.
What is the average crowd against the interstate teams like GC, GWS, WC, Freo?
How much would we add to our bottom line by playing these teams @ PP instead of MS?

Grow some b@11s and do what is right for our club!!!

Seriously? The club are treating everyone like idiots, by stating that, it’s not viable to go back to playing home games at a ground that is falling to pieces and holds 22,000 people?

I'm glad we got the answers about recent recruiting approaches. Mostly I'm happy that Liddle answered the questions about Brandon Ellis and his supposed luring of the player behind SOS' back.
Hopefully that puts some of the uninformed whingeing to bed.

Hey, are you interested in buying a bridge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I like your post will the genuine CLub supporters bash me up ot something really really bad like that...maybe call me names even?

I accidentally liked a post from Stamos today, before I realised who it was.

Now I just don’t know how I’m supposed to feel about things.

😉

But if the recruiting failed, SOS was the one being judged for it. Untenable situation.

Liddle and Lloyd should be nowhere near that sub-committee.

ODN, i heard a very good interview with Brian Cook the CEO of Geelong leading up to the draft.

He was asked exactly this type of question. How the recruitment works. He said they have a sub-committe with monthly meetings during the year and then forthightly meetings in the last few months before trade and draft periods.

He as CEO and Chris Scott were definately on that sub committee and the actual reason this question came up was that he had just come from such a meeting to the interview.

I would think that it would be common practice for CEO, Footy boss, Coach and LM to be in these meetings from most clubs if not all.

I accidentally liked a post from Stamos today, before I realised who it was.

Now I just don’t know how I’m supposed to feel about things.

😉

Lucky you had time to like it before Cain Liddle had it removed.

Squib!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back