Past #41: Matt McGuinness - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Matty

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if this is going to impact the kid?

I hop he's immediately offered a spot on the VFL roster if he is affected.

Back into full training after a bit of a sore back. He’ll need to make every post a winner with the potential list changes next year
I agree with what you said. It’s why they shouldn’t jump the gun with changing list numbers too quickly. Guy’s like Matt really won’t get a chance, especially in a shortened season.

I agree with what you said. It’s why they shouldn’t jump the gun with changing list numbers too quickly. Guy’s like Matt really won’t get a chance, especially in a shortened season.

100%. I think it should be gradual say cut two list spots next year, then another 2 the following year.

If they cut 7-8 lists spots like they are saying could happen next year it leaves those raw developmental types not in a very good position

I have a feeling Cat B rookies will be exempt and allowed on top of whatever lists are reduced to if clubs have salary cap space to pay for them

I doubt it.

If they are cutting the off field cap by $3m per club, that will have a huge effect on resources and development resouces.

Simply won't have the coaches and staff to go around efficiently.

Stating the bleading obvious but from how the AFL are talking we are going to be saying bye bye to a LOT of this years list at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised he gets another year. Has shown big improvement in his body shape and size comoared to early this year. Obviously has the drive and has a good left foot on him.

Yes I'm surprised so many have him on the chopping block already as part of the rebuild... give the man a chance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's ridiculous.

We have a cat B rookie teenage kid who is starting to show something and we're doing a rebuild. I know ... lets delist him. That seems like a good idea.

:rolleyes:

He's exactly the sort of player you would delist if we're thinking that project players won't really be on AFL lists going forward but from a position of actually getting value from the moves you make managing a list what would be the point of delisting a guy with untapped potential over someone like Tyson, Williams or Macmillan who we already know the (limited) ceilings of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back