Discussion State of our jumper

There are so many great things you can do with our colour scheme yet they have gone with the most boring, low effort design possible.

Disappointing.

At least the green is banished to the back.
Not sure we’ll be so lucky with the home jumper though.

I never understood buying the home strip year in year out anyway. Most Saints supporters that have a guernsey have the home strip.

I usually just purchase the 'once off' guernseys or any clash strips that look nice because obviously they aren't available forever.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
There are so many great things you can do with our colour scheme yet they have gone with the most boring, low effort design possible.

Disappointing.
While I totally agree with you globally - and think the same about all AFL gurnseys, home and away, irrespective of club - contextually the away strip is pretty good and I would totally buy it if that were my thing.

But yes, I'd love for the penny to drop that nowadays the design doesn't have to limited to knitting patterns and can in fact be anything printable.

There are some great colour schemes in the league and ours is up there with the best, we see loads of better uses of the colours every day in different sports and commercial merch. It would be good to play around with textures, or go the other way and try and get a bit of style.

Something I would love our club designers to do is stop using all three colours equally, and rather use 2 colours (white and black) with the third (red) as a highlight. Looks so much better!

Smooth Criminal posted it on the FJGD board:
View attachment 788204View attachment 788205

I'm happy with both of those jumpers.
Yeah green is a s**t color to try to blend in with r,w&b but it's deliveroos colors and they are throwing in the cash so fair enough.
Clash looks old school and a nod to the past so I like it .
And I like white cuffs/collar so I like home jumper.
Now let's just try and win a few games in the bloody thing :thumbsu:

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
I never understood buying the home strip year in year out anyway. Most Saints supporters that have a guernsey have the home strip.

I usually just purchase the 'once off' guernseys or any clash strips that look nice because obviously they aren't available forever.
True, I haven't upgraded mine in 4 years and thought it was a right time to for a new one. But if that's how it's going to look, I might hold of for another year as that is one ugly looking logo.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Have never been a fan of the hot cross bun on any jumper.

I 20000% agree, it's not 97 anymore, ithats the only place I want to see that jumper and even then it runs a close second to Doc in a Pies jumper as "uncomfortable viewing"

Saints Tee.jpg

Finally, a shirt molded to my body type.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty sure this is AFL mandated. Club crest must be below sponsor, which must be in line with AFL logo.

Someone tell Collingwood. They have their logo(rightly) above the sponsor, although it is smaller.
Say what you will about the Pies, but at least they treat their club colors and brandings with the respect they deserve. I wish we would do the same.
The Saints logo is the most important part of the Guernsey. Having it shoved under a s**t looking logo is poor.

Anyway, as expected the Deliveroo logo is totally s**t with horrid colors. Don’t like the Dare logo below the neck there, but it’s somewhat fitting as I often spill my Dare Ice Coffee on that spot anyway.

I'm happy with both of those jumpers.
Yeah green is a s**t color to try to blend in with r,w&b but it's deliveroos colors and they are throwing in the cash so fair enough.
Clash looks old school and a nod to the past so I like it .
And I like white cuffs/collar so I like home jumper.
Now let's just try and win a few games in the bloody thing :thumbsu:
That link has some "collectable" related products on it that's for sure.

1575947714873.png

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Someone tell Collingwood. They have their logo(rightly) above the sponsor, although it is smaller.
Say what you will about the Pies, but at least they treat their club colors and brandings with the respect they deserve. I wish we would do the same.
The Saints logo is the most important part of the Guernsey. Having it shoved under a s**t looking logo is poor.

Anyway, as expected the Deliveroo logo is totally s**t with horrid colors. Don’t like the Dare logo below the neck there, but it’s somewhat fitting as I often spill my Dare Ice Coffee on that spot anyway.
Collingwood only moved their logo above the sponsor last season, but it sits pretty higher and is very small. On both designs, the sponsor sits directly in line with the AFL logo, which is AFL mandated.

Here it Collingwood in 2018 not treating their club with respect by having it under their sponsor.
57d64f6c842fee36bfa1b0bc8e81db83.jpeg

Here is Collingwood with it above the sponsor, now obviously treating it with respect.
708164.jpg

Moral of the story, the placement of the logo is not going to sit directly opposite from AFL logo like many want since thats not allowed to happen. And as these picutes illustrate, it doesnt really matter whether it is above of below the sponsor. Neither design choice to respecting the club more. You dont like it down the bottom, but having the logo up next to the players shoulder isnt great either. Whats more important is that our logo remains on the jumper rather thats its specific placement.

Back