Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro has connections throughout the AFL, it's hardly surprising that she was across Carltons internal tension before most.
It's pretty sad that at the time of noting the issues, there were posters that gave her a clip as they didn't believe or didn't want to believe her and now that she's been proven to be close to on the money, ppl are still having a dig.

She was very firm in her belief that we were appointing Voss as coach around the same period. Probably where the scepticism began.

Caro has connections throughout the AFL, it's hardly surprising that she was across Carltons internal tension before most.
It's pretty sad that at the time of noting the issues, there were posters that gave her a clip as they didn't believe or didn't want to believe her and now that she's been proven to be close to on the money, ppl are still having a dig.
say it ain't so, bj?

Caro would likely also be on Liddle's side from her Richmond connection - wouldn't be shocked if Liddle used Caro to leak Carlton stuff he wanted out in the ether.

She put Liddle in her list of the top off field operators - specifically due to staring down SOS and "winning" - though as I see it, his credibility seems to have taken a massive hit, so it's a win with significant reputational casualty.

As SOS said on footy classified - there are a lot of conflicts in footy.
disappointingly this is the silliest post I've ever seen from you..........lift your game at once.........

Look I love SOS I wore the number 1 on my back for all my formative years. And he’s done a great job.... BUT what happens if we get a year down the road and this Liddle blokes backed up the last year or 2 and actually done a brilliant job??? What happens if this is actually the right call for the club? As much as I’m not rapt with it if we were to become a “new era” powerhouse ie Geelong and Hawthorn what then?

I love SOS, but I have no idea what happens behind closed doors.
SOS is an Alpha male in a culture dominated by wannabe Alphas.

There are egos aplenty in the AFL.

I’m pretty pissed that he’s gone but as I said in another post the club is bigger than one man, even if it is “The man”.

As much as we may hate to admit it but perhaps Caro was right when she said SOS had too much power at the club, including a direct line up to the President who had given him carte blanche.

Liddle & Loyd have obviously come in and tried to implement some rigorous structures within the football department which meant reigning in certain individuals and attempting to spread the list management decision making, as opposed to one person having the final say on all matters. Obviously he hasn't liked or been willing to surrender that power and here is where the issue lies.

I know a lot of people here have their nose out of joint regarding Liddle but the man is a good operator and has really set the club up well. Whilst it’s sad to lose a favorite son, no individual is greater than the club and I think Liddle & Lloyd have enough runs on the board already for us to put our faith in them.
Um...

How exactly does SOS getting the boot indicate to you that he had too much power at Carlton? How does the existence of a list management subcommittee in which SOS could be overruled make you come to this conclusion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've heard, I'm not too disappointed that SOS has left. The sky will shine a brighter blue in the years ahead!

#Bluemour

At the end of the day, we have to move on.

SOS did a sensational job rebuilding our list and has put the club in a much better place. We thank him for that.

If success comes off the back of this rebuild, he won't be forgotten. We'll further acknowledge the work he's done over the past five drafts.

Look I love SOS I wore the number 1 on my back for all my formative years. And he’s done a great job.... BUT what happens if we get a year down the road and this Liddle blokes backed up the last year or 2 and actually done a brilliant job??? What happens if this is actually the right call for the club? As much as I’m not rapt with it if we were to become a “new era” powerhouse ie Geelong and Hawthorn what then?

None of it will mean that SOS didn't do a good job.

Um...

How exactly does SOS getting the boot indicate to you that he had too much power at Carlton? How does the existence of a list management subcommittee in which SOS could be overruled make you come to this conclusion?

Hasn't the narrative been for quite a while, that SOS had full authority, except it was diminished throughout this year, which is what he wasn't a fan of going forward.

Changing the pace a bit. I heard some info surrounding Charlie and the injury setback to his knee again..
From what I was told, he did have a minor fall/slip, but not enough to re-injure his knee the way it did. Upon getting it checked, it seems as though the first op wasnt done correctly. Now I'm no medico, so I have no idea how, but the work done to his knee cap (pins??) had to be re-done again.
The Club are absolutely filthy.. but not at Charlie.

She was very firm in her belief that we were appointing Voss as coach around the same period. Probably where the scepticism began.
By all means doubt or second guess things as you see fit, there's a significant difference between that & those that whether right or wrong, seem to line up ready to pot or sneer at her.

Um...

Because it appears as though in recent times he was being challenged more and more which coincides when Liddle, Lloyd and Agresta arrived.

As opposed to early days he had it all his own way when Andy McKay was head of footy and let’s face it, he was no Neil Balme.

Changing the pace a bit. I heard some info surrounding Charlie and the injury setback to his knee again..
From what I was told, he did have a minor fall/slip, but not enough to re-injure his knee the way it did. Upon getting it checked, it seems as though the first op wasnt done correctly. Now I'm no medico, so I have no idea how, but the work done to his knee cap (pins??) had to be re-done again.
The Club are absolutely filthy.. but not at Charlie.

******* doctors, do it properly you spuds.

Both Joyce and McMahon finished up at North at the same time SOS wasnt renewed.
No disrespect intended to either of those persons, but, whoopee-do-dah. Once you’ve had one of the best, the rest don’t really do it. I wish both of them well in their future endeavours; although hopefully not with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back