Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019/20 Main Competition Thread - Now with Poll!

Should the draft extend beyond 30 rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hang on, is there an actual definition of which players qualify in which positions for the purpose of this game?

Yes, the AFL Player Ratings system. Unfortunately it's down since AFL.com.au updated their website, but Danger Zone has the list.

I'll make my pick in the next 5 minutes

There are three guys at this pick I genuinely can't believe are still available

Pick 61 - Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne)

Ci-zm2aUUAE-pkM.jpg

Three years, three top 2 best and fairest finishes. Topped it off this year with an AA squad inclusion (and outright B&F winner). An underrated clearance winner that's right up there with the best and arguably North Melbourne's best player.

Welcome to Galactic United, Ben

Donkey Magoo

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
There are three guys at this pick I genuinely can't believe are still available

Pick 61 - Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne)

Ci-zm2aUUAE-pkM.jpg

Three years, three top 2 best and fairest finishes. Topped it off this year with an AA squad inclusion (and outright B&F winner). An underrated clearance winner that's right up there with the best and arguably North Melbourne's best player.

Welcome to Galactic United, Ben

Donkey Magoo

Good chance I would have taken Cunnington (or one other who is still on the board) if Tex was gone.

It has to do with him stopping every single attack

Chris Scott made Don Pyke his bitch. Plant Tom Stewart (and before that Lachie Henderson and before that Corey Enright) in the hole/one kick up the field = guaranteed win

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
View attachment 791912

Pick 60 - The Angry Leavers take Taylor (Tex) Walker

The Key Forward stocks have taken a hit so far. Tex should have a good season with the captaincy off his shoulders and he still finished in the top 10 for both the Coleman and the BnF in 2019.

Scorpus
Good pick at this point.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Or watch us lose to Geelong and wonder why
LOL, that's a very shallow analysis.

Stewart is a role player. You could drop almost anyone into that role and they'd be a good B+ player - hence Geelong using a guy from the VFL to do it.

He's absolutely fine at that pick, but someone will grab someone as good at pick 100 and actually get good value.

Back