Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019/20 Main Competition Thread - Now with Poll!

Should the draft extend beyond 30 rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
LOL, that's a very shallow analysis.

Stewart is a role player. You could drop almost anyone into that role and they'd be a good B+ player - hence Geelong using a guy from the VFL to do it.

He's absolutely fine at that pick, but someone will grab someone as good at pick 100 and actually get good value.
Another double reply!

There are by my count 6 tall/medium defenders in the competition who can defend genuinely good forwards AND intercept the ball. There are lots and lots who can do one or the other.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
There are three guys at this pick I genuinely can't believe are still available

Pick 61 - Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne)

Ci-zm2aUUAE-pkM.jpg

Three years, three top 2 best and fairest finishes. Topped it off this year with an AA squad inclusion (and outright B&F winner). An underrated clearance winner that's right up there with the best and arguably North Melbourne's best player.

Welcome to Galactic United, Ben

Donkey Magoo

I grabbed him at 66 last year and couldn't believe it.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Another double reply!

Maybe by the third try you'll come up with a good one

There are by my count 6 tall/medium defenders in the competition who can defend genuinely good forwards AND intercept the ball. There are lots and lots who can do one or the other.

I replied to two seperate posts. You were dumb twice, it shouldn't be surprising you got two replies.

Well, maybe it SHOULD be surprising.

There is EASILY eight to ten third tall defenders in the comp who can roll off their man to intercept, and who can still play good tight defense of the third tall forward.

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
The Tom Stewart negativity is bizarre. But Tex gets picked up and gets a round of applause. I hope Tex has a good year but unfortunately there is doubts he will be in our best 22 if his form doesn’t improve dramatically

I guess part of the difference is that two/three times as many Key Forwards are already off the board. But I like the Stewart pick.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
There is EASILY eight to ten third tall defenders in the comp who can roll off their man to intercept, and who can still play good tight defense of the third tall forward.
There aren't

But no doubt you'll try to spruik one you think can later!

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
The Tom Stewart negativity is bizarre. But Tex gets picked up and gets a round of applause. I hope Tex has a good year but unfortunately there is doubts he will be in our best 22 if his form doesn’t improve dramatically
There is absolutely no chance Tex isn't in our best 22.

Just as a reminder, here's how his year compared to the All Australian full forward, a player who is a couple of years older than him.
Screenshot_20190917-085546_Chrome.jpeg

Freddy Bassett

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 2, 2005
At Work
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PANTHERS,CHELSEA
There is absolutely no chance Tex isn't in our best 22.

Just as a reminder, here's how his year compared to the All Australian full forward, a player who is a couple of years older than him.View attachment 792039
I love Tex. He has copped so much crap since the GF. But there is a very good chance he is shot. He should’ve been dropped last year

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
I love Tex. He has copped so much crap since the GF. But there is a very good chance he is shot. He should’ve been dropped last year

Agree to disagree then, he still finished top 10 in the Coleman after all and actually scored more goals than the 2 KPF you have drafted combined. I was never going to go near Daniher so I guess we rate risks differently.

Freddy Bassett

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 2, 2005
At Work
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PANTHERS,CHELSEA
Agree to disagree then, he still finished top 10 in the Coleman after all and actually scored more goals than the 2 KPF you have drafted combined. I was never going to go near Daniher so I guess we rate risks differently.
I understand mine are high risk, I mentioned that . My point that Tom Stewart copped stick yet in my opinion he was a pretty good get.
key forwards in this draft are scarce, so I don’t think there will be many 5 time Coleman medalists at 26 being picked in the near future

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I understand mine are high risk, I mentioned that . My point that Tom Stewart copped stick yet in my opinion he was a pretty good get.
key forwards in this draft are scarce, so I don’t think there will be many 5 time Coleman medalists at 26 being picked in the near future

I'd have picked him instead of Boak.

Back