What would it take for you to stop watching AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
So I'd say on BigFooty we are some of the most rusted on fans there are.

So what would it honestly take for you to completely stop watching your team or any games?

Winning the spoon ten times in a row? Your club folding? A rule change that was so perverse it no longer looked like footy? Could it ever feasibly become too expensive to attend or even watch footy in the future?

I'd say some people may have walked away from the AFL but still watched local footy, so could anything happen that would stop you attending that as well?

Give some ceeative answers :thumbsu:

I'm almost done with it, the sports a shadow of the thing I loved watching as a kid.

There's more interest in charity campaigns and political messaging inside each game than the actual game it self.

If Melbourne somehow scrapes a flag I reckon that'd be it.

I don't think there's anything the club could do that would stop me from watching.

I thought the thread was going to be more along the lines of, if someone offered you money to stop watching. In that case I'd probably do it for money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Chris Hemsworth and Matt Damon pash , lick and eat face ( on-game-screen ) and a Disney Jackpot explode in the stands spewing out free tickets for all the kiddies to the see new blockbuster " The Bourne Gay Ultimatum " starring you know two . Marvel-lous

Last edited:
So I'd say on BigFooty we are some of the most rusted on fans there are.

So what would it honestly take for you to completely stop watching your team or any games?

Winning the spoon ten times in a row? Your club folding? A rule change that was so perverse it no longer looked like footy? Could it ever feasibly become too expensive to attend or even watch footy in the future?

I'd say some people may have walked away from the AFL but still watched local footy, so could anything happen that would stop you attending that as well?

Give some ceeative answers :thumbsu:
To go blind and lose my hearing

If half a decade long drug saga that drive us into being noncompetitive for the rest of the decade can't do it. I doubt anything can.

I just came here to say this. I haven't seen a finals win. I've seen nothing but scandal and mediocrity and I keep renewing my membership :drunk:

I'm lucky to watch 6 games a year now.

Substandard games with substandard skills.

Ugly, scrum like matches which are unwatchable.

s**t commentators.

Big headed reporters who think they are actually celebrities.

Incessant advertising.

Excessive salaries of the administrators with no one to answer to for their s**t decisons of the future of the game.

Excessive changes to the rules.

Umpires trying to be the stars of the game.

No more hard hits and big bumps.

No more high flying marks.

No more characters of the game.

$100 to get a decent ticket to watch a game.

Americanisms creeping into everything.

Hot piss and crap food at the games.

Pay TV taking away many games worth watching.

And they say the fans own the game. We don't, big business owns the game.

Fans are just a cash cow to take advantage of.

Here I was thinking the reason you were pumped full of PEDs was because you were noncompetetive.

The sad part is I think the tide was about to turn anyway. Jobe was in killer form the year before Dank got there. The likes of Hibberd and Ryder reached great heights after returning from suspension. While I don't think we'd have won a flag, I think we would have a few finals wins under the belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back