Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I was shattered after round 1 this season.

Only 1 game and it's a long season, just felt really deflated.......maybe too much expectation on my behalf.

I was shattered after round 1 this season.

Only 1 game and it's a long season, just felt really deflated.......maybe too much expectation on my behalf.

While supporters on here as a whole were very disrespectful towards Freo and their chances it was understandable to go in with higher expectations.

A combination of dealing with our known round 1 "issues", the promising stretch of football in mid 2018 and finally landing genuine outside talent in Polec and Hall justified disappointment at the outcome.

The margin just topped it off.

While supporters on here as a whole were very disrespectful towards Freo and their chances it was understandable to go in with higher expectations.

A combination of dealing with our known round 1 "issues", the promising stretch of football in mid 2018 and finally landing genuine outside talent in Polec and Hall justified disappointment at the outcome.

I think as the season played out the low rating of Fremantle was justified. We we better, but only just. Round one made it look like it was 2007 Geelong vs 2010 Gold Coast.

I think as the season played out the low rating of Fremantle was justified. We we better, but only just. Round one made it look like it was 2007 Geelong vs 2010 Gold Coast.

'Any Given Sunday'.

The players approached the game like they had been reading this board. Having rarely seen that team deliver when under weight of expectation let alone being a round 1 game I was surprised how over the top bullish a lot of people were.

'Any Given Sunday'.

The players approached the game like they had been reading this board. Having rarely seen that team deliver when under weight of expectation let alone being a round 1 game I was surprised how over the top bullish a lot of people were.
No one outside the walls of the club could have known how badly Scott buggered up their preparation.

With regards to being bullish, you gotta be pretty miserable if you don't go into round one expecting a win against Fremantle.

No one outside the walls of the club could have known how badly Scott buggered up their preparation.

With regards to being bullish, you gotta be pretty miserable if you don't go into round one expecting a win against Fremantle.

Round 1.

Perth.

High season expectations.

That was a cocktail for tempering hope imo.

'Any Given Sunday'.

Yep I certainly wasn't confident necessarily of winning (never can be in WA), but very hopeful we would.........but how poorly we played was just a massive reality check after so much hype.

And, again I note, no Scotty Thompson and no Jed Anderson. EVW did his knee.

The build up of pressure was based on us losing to Gold Coast the year before in round 1.
Brad and the club had to front up for the first game and put up a worthy performance. 1-8 record in Round one is pathetic.

It was on Scott’s head if we didnt.
And that’s exactly what happened.
Freo also sacked their coach this year is the larger indictment.
They never scored above 105 again.

The year was over before it begun.

Last edited:
The build of pressure was based on us losing to Gold Coast the year before in round 1.
Brad and the club had to front up for the first game and put up a worthy performance. 1-8 record in Round one is pathetic.

It was on Scott’s head if we didnt.
And that’s exactly what happened.
Freo also sacked their coach this year is the larger indictment.
They never scored above 105 again.

The year was over before it begun.
And the writing was on the wall in the jlt - we were horrible and unstructured - yet most on here were quite happy to say...it's only the jlt ..all good, we'll be ready to go Round one, who cares what happens in practise matches...and of course we were no where near ready and got humiliated.

Looking forward to pre season in 2020 though - if we can take anything from Shaw's proactive approach to training so far we can assume this time We Will be Ready!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you not love this bloke?

Love it

Think I saw Rivers hands on in that drill also. Liking the young coaches fresh out of the game as opposed to the Tudors etc who have been out of the game for awhile. Don’t mind 1 or 2 older heads but mainly younger coaches as we have now

Wouldn’t mind Heath Shaw next year when he retires also

Love it

Think I saw Rivers hands on in that drill also. Liking the young coaches fresh out of the game as opposed to the Tudors etc who have been out of the game for awhile. Don’t mind 1 or 2 older heads but mainly younger coaches as we have now

Wouldn’t mind Heath Shaw next year when he retires also

Heath strikes me as someone who could be an amazing coach. Very passionate and direct, smart player, and would be very easy for the players to get along with. Getting him off of the field and into the coaching ranks would quell a few of his more volatile attributes, and I think he would be every chance to shine.

I can’t handle losing another round 1 game. Especially if it’s against that s***stain of a club. It has to be our year, surely?!
The Aints have all the momentum of a new coach just like us - they also have 5 new recruits that will go straight into their first 18.

We'll see how well we are travelling after that match.

The Aints have all the momentum of a new coach just like us - they also have 5 new recruits that will go straight into their first 18.

We'll see how well we are travelling after that match.
the french foreign legion draft plan will only carry the saints so far, and has great potential to be a detriment earlier in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back